Chapter 43

Masons POV

I watched as Avery paced back and forth the room. She was 36 weeks and was put on bed rest as of yesterday. Today she woke up with bad cramping so right now she is trying to walk off the pain. Her contractions are very far apart so they won't admit her to the hospital.

"Ughhh, I want these babies out!" She says and hunches over for another contraction. She walks off into the bathroom and shuts the door. She has been having to pee about every 30 minutes for the past few weeks. The babies are pressing hard against her bladder. "Mase!" She screams and I jump up to run to her side.

"What's wrong?" I ask and break open the door.

"Blood." She says in a shaky voice. I look down and see a lot of blood in her underwear.

"Alright, I don't care what the hospital says, we are going now and they are going to check." I tell her. I leave her to clean up while I go talk to Rob and let him know what's happening.

"Hey, is everything okay? I heard her yell." Rob says. He stands up from the couch.

"She's having bad pains and she's bleeding. I'm taking her now, they will be checking her out this time." I tell him and he nods.

"I got the kids. I can have Gillian come over later if I need any help. Don't worry about anything but her and the twins right now." He told me and I nodded.

"Thanks man." I tell him as Avery waddles out. "You ready?" I ask. She nods and waddles towards the door. I follow her and support her back. I grab the diaper bags and walk her to the car. I throw the bags in the back and help Avery down into the seat.

After I buckle her in, I run to the other side and slip into the drivers seat, taking off to the hospital. I get there in record time and help Avery get out and walk into the hospital. We go to the nurses desk and I explain the situation.

"My fiancé is 36 weeks pregnant with twins. She's been having bad cramping and a few contractions. She used the bathroom about half an hour ago and there was a lot of blood." I explained. The nurse called for a wheelchair and soon we were being pushed back into a room.

I could tell Avery was getting worse. Her face was pale and she was trying hard not to cry when the pains would hit. It felt like forever before a doctor finally got in there. He laid her back and checked. "She's going to need an emergency c section and fast." He told me as he typed into his pager. My heart started beating fast because I knew something wasn't right.

I kissed Averys forehead. "I love you baby." By the time the words were out of my mouth, Averys eyes closed shut and the machines went crazy with beeping. The door opened and a bunch of hospital workers came rushing in. They wheeled her out of the room and down the hallway before I even knew what was happening. Her heart rate plummeted and they started CPR as they wheeled her. One of the nurses stayed back with me. "Her uterus ruptured causing her to bleed into her stomach. They will do a c section that will remove the babies and then stitch her up. She's lost a lot of blood so it's up to her to fight through it."

"Wait, you mean she might not survive this?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"As I said, she's lost a lot of blood. It's probably been tore for a while and no one knew. It will be a miracle to get them all to survive." She told me and I was pissed off.

"We came in last night because of the pains. The hospital wouldn't check her because her contractions wasn't close enough. This is the hospitals damn fault." I basically screamed at her. I felt bad because this behavior wasn't me but what I said was true. If they only would've checked her last night, they could've caught it and her and my kids' lives wouldn't be on the line right now.