Chapter 12

The next morning I woke up and thought that I had dreamt everything that had happened. When I looked down to see that I was still in Masons shirt, I knew that I hadn't dreamt it all. Last night really happened and I don't know how to act now.

I used Masons bathroom before walking out to the kitchen. Mason was standing at the stove making pancakes and a giggling Layla was in her chair. "Good morning." I tell Mason. He turns around and smiles at me.

"Good morning. Could you feed Layla some oatmeal for me?" He asked me. I nodded and walked to the cabinet that he had all of her stuff in. I pulled out the oatmeal and a bowl. I made her the oatmeal and grabbed a spoon before going to Layla.

"Dada!" She said and put her hands on the high chair.

"I'm not you dada." I smile at her and put the spoon out for her. She opens her mouth and eats it.

"I have a race today, would you want to go?" Mason asks me.

"Sure. If you want me to." I tell him and do an airplane for Layla. She giggles and opens her mouth for the food.

"Of course. You're a part of the crew now." He says with a smile on his face. I smile back as I finish feeding Layla.

"What time will you be leaving?" I ask Mason.

"In a few hours." He tells me and I nod. He finished the pancakes and we both sit down to eat. His pancakes were actually good and I finished every bite of it. "I have to pack mine and Layla's things, do you want to watch her? If not she can come with me."

"Sure." I tell him. "Layla, you want to come to my room and help me pick out an outfit?" I know she can't answer but she smiles and puts her arms up to me. I pick her up and carry her to my room. I set her on my bed and surround her with pillows while I grab my duffel bag. I put a pair of pjs and an outfit for tomorrow in the bag along with my makeup and personal hygiene products.

I grab an outfit to wear today since I'm still just in Masons shirt. I put on some ripped jeans and a yellow t shirt. I tuck in the shirt in the front since it's an oversized shirt.

When I'm dressed, I pick up Layla and Masons shirt

When I'm dressed, I pick up Layla and Masons shirt. I walk to Masons room and do a quick knock on the door. He tells me to come in so I walk in his room. "Here's your shirt back." I say with a small blush on my cheeks.

"Thanks." He says and throws it in a hamper.

"Do you want me to get Layla dressed?" I asked him. Maybe it would help him out since he's still trying to get packed.

"Sure. Thank you." He said. I nodded and went to the nursery. I laid Layla on the changing table and looked through her closet. I decided on a white long sleeve onesie and a pink overall dress. It would be good enough for today and then tonight Mason would just have to put pants on to keep her warm enough. I paired her outfit with a white bow and some little soft boots.