Chapter 41

"I can't believe my little girl is 2 already. It feels like just yesterday when I was standing there looking into her oxygen crib and feeling scared shitless." Mason says and I swear he's about to cry. "My little girl isn't a baby anymore."

"Nope. Now we have to prepare ourselves for the terrible twos." I joke with him. He sighs and lays his head in my lap. Yesterday was Layla's birthday and today is the twins gender reveal. We had a small party for Layla and gave her cake but today we were having a bigger party that everyone could come to for the gender reveal/baby shower. We went ahead and did it all in one.

This pregnancy has kicked me in the ass. I'm winded by the time I make it from the bedroom to the kitchen and I can't get up by myself anymore. I thought my bump was huge with Carter but boy was I wrong. It's double the size and I'm only 22 weeks.

On the bright side, both babies are completely healthy. Baby B is still smaller but that's to be expected since they are younger.

"I think she will be alright. She's been a good baby up until now so I think she will stay good and mellow." Mason says and I agree. "You ready to get dressed for the gender reveal?"

"Yeah. What do you want?" I ask him.

"I'll take whatever as long as they are both healthy. What about you? What do you think is in there?" He asks.

"I'm thinking two girls or one of each." I tell him.

"Hopefully it's one of each. If not Carter and I'll be outnumbered and be living in a house full of girls." Mason jokes and I playfully hit his shoulder. Mason rolled off the bed and helped me to sit up. Mason changed into a white button down shirt with jeans. His shirt was tucked in and he had a belt on.

I found a white dress that hugged my bump

I found a white dress that hugged my bump. It was a long sleeve but off the shoulder dress. We decided to all wear white since we didn't have a guess on the genders since there was two of them.

Next we went to dress the kids

Next we went to dress the kids. I dressed Layla and got her hair into pigtails while Mason got Carter dressed. Layla was wearing a white long sleeve dress that had a bow on it while Carter was wearing a onesie that looked like a white button down shirt tucked into a pair of his elastic jeans.