Chapter 31

"Are you sure you want to go to the race tonight?" Mason asks me for about the 100th time. Ever since I've became pregnant and Mason has been working on the new track, he hasn't went to any races. The last one he raced in was in Florida.

Tonight's race was a big pay out race and guys from all over the state would be there racing. Mason and Chris are both going to be racing. Marks car broke at a race yesterday and they hadn't got it together in time so he will just be there to watch his sons.

Tonight was also important for Mason because this would probably be his last race before baby boy would be here. Once Carter is born, Mason is going to work from the house and try to stay there as much as possible to help. He wouldn't be racing for at least a month after Carter.

"Yes, Mase. I'm 100% sure that I'll be fine." I tell him again. He's acting all nervous and scared for some reason. Maybe it's the fact that the doctor had told me that I was already dilated to 1cm and I'd most likely go into labor next week. I was only 35 weeks but little man was huge and had run out of room. My stomach couldn't stretch anymore.

"Alright. I just wanted to make sure. We are leaving in two hours." He tells me and kisses my cheek. I have him help me up before I waddle off to our room. I pull out different clothes to try and wear. It was now May and today it was 75°. I picked out a pair of pregnancy shorts that Lacey had gave me. I got a stretchy tank top and put it on under an oversized jean jacket. I would wear my strappy sandals with it.

After I was dressed I went back to where Mason was playing with Layla in the nursery

After I was dressed I went back to where Mason was playing with Layla in the nursery. Layla had toys thrown all over the floor so I zig zag as I walk. "It looks like a tornado went through here." I laugh as I sit on the stool.

"She wanted to get out every toy to show me." Mason says as he stands up. "You want to dress her while I clean up?" He asks and I nod.

I stand back up and look through her closet. I pick out a floral romper with a matching bow and her van shoes. Since she's walking better now, we have to pick out shoes that won't trip her as easily.

I change her diaper and put her new outfit on before I spray her hair and comb through it

I change her diaper and put her new outfit on before I spray her hair and comb through it. Mason grabs her from me and carries her out to the living room so that she can't mess her toys back up before we leave.