Chapter 35

"Wake up baby." I heard Masons voice and I felt his lips on my neck. I opened my eyes and smiled up at him. He was straddling over me with his mouth on my neck, for sure leaving a hickey.

"Mmm that's a good way to wake up." I say and sit up but being careful not to hit my head off of the ceiling. Last night Mason had a big race about 3 hours from home. His race didn't end until close to 1:00 in the morning so we stayed the night. He had another race this evening. It was the feature from the qualifying last night.

Carter had only woken me up 3 times last night so I knew that his sleep schedule is messed up. Layla was still asleep in her pac n play. "What time is it?" I mumbled to Mason.

"2 o'clock." He tells me back.

"We slept that long?" I ask him and he nods.

"I woke up at 11. I fed Carter and took him outside with me for a while. Mom played with him while I changed a few things on the car. Layla has been passed out with you though." He tells me. I can't believe I actually slept that long.

We got up and started the day. I got myself and Layla dressed while Mason dressed Carter. We all walked to my jeep and Mason drove us to a diner in town. We still had a few hours before the race started so we spent about an hour there.

Once we had finished eating, we went back to the track. We sat around the trailer and talked for awhile watching all the other racers put their cars back together or change tires to prepare for the race. "We forgot the diaper bag in the car." I told Mason as I stood up. It has Carter's earmuffs and blanket in it.

"I'll go with you. I don't want you walking around here by yourself." Mason says and gets up with me. He puts Carter into one of his arms and uses the other to wrap around me. I carry Layla on my opposite hip.

We walk to the jeep and I grab the back pack out of the backseat before slipping it onto my back. I make sure to lock the doors before we start walking back towards the trailers. "Mason Coleman!? Is that really you?" I heard a pitchy females voice from beside of us. Both mine and Masons heads snapped around to look at whoever it was.

"Yeah it's me?" He says more as a question.

"You don't remember me?" She asks and Masons shakes his head. "It doesn't surprise me. You was always drunk when you'd talk to me."

"Ah well sorry?" He says and the girl laughs. She had dyed red hair with coats and coats of makeup on.

"You're fine. I went to school with you. I didn't ever know what happened to you. You stopped showing up at all the parties. I'm guessing this girl is to blame for that." She says and looks me up and down. I don't know how I'm supposed to take that. She didn't say it in a mean tone but it sure didn't sound nice either.

"Actually the little girl is who to blame." He tells her with a tight lipped smile.

"You can relax a little bit. I'm not here for trouble. I just couldn't believe it was you when I passed you. I'm actually here with my girlfriend." She says and I snap my head back up to look at her. Maybe that comment wasn't meant to be mean.

"Err sorry. I didn't know what you was wanting." Mason says and scratches the back of his neck.

"So I'm guessing you left because you settled down and started a family?" The girl that I still didn't know her name asked.