Chapter 13

"It's small but it will be better than that old hotel." Gillian said as she showed me to her guest room.

As I thought, this day was hard. When I woke up, I texted Gillian and told her what happened. She came and picked me up from Masons shop and took me to her house. She lives with her boyfriend but he told her that I was allowed to stay here for however long it takes me to find a new place. They had a small guest room that she let me stay in.

After I took the only bag of things that I had, she gave me two whole bags of clothes that she was going to take to the goodwill. We are the same size so it worked out good. The last thing that I had to do was to call the insurance about my car and see when I can purchase a new one. I'm going to need it to drive to the store and my job.

After an hour on the phone with insurance, I had Gillian take me to the car place. I had everything that the insurance has sent me to show the salesman. I had to find a car for the amount that I had received after everything. It was a pretty good amount so I knew that I would be able to find something.

After looking through all of the different cars, trucks, and suvs I had finally decided what I wanted. When I got my challenger I had been stuck between it and a grand jeep Cherokee. Since the challenger didn't work out, I decided that this time I would get the jeep.

With the salesman's help, I was able to get everything I wanted and for the right price. I chose a dark silver grand Cherokee. It was the sport model so it had the black stripes on the hood. It was a beautiful car.

After I purchased it and went through all of the paper work, I drove to the store

After I purchased it and went through all of the paper work, I drove to the store. I needed to buy things like underwear and bras.

Masons POV

It's been a week since the fire. A week since I've heard from Avery and a week of living in the trailer. I decided not to race this last weekend and instead I looked for land for sale. I wasn't sure where exactly I wanted the land to be so I had a real estate agent helping me.

The first few days after Avery left, I spent buying new stuff for Layla and myself. I didn't need much, just some boxers and pants. I had a lot of race shirts that I could wear in the shop. Layla on the other hand, needed a lot. I had to replace everything. She needed a new bouncer, high chair, bath tub, not to mention clothes, diapers, accessories and just hundreds of things. It was like having a baby all over again.

The race hauler was much to small for all of the stuff so my office is now filled with baby stuff. Luckily the shop has a bathroom that has a bathtub and shower in it so that I can wash Layla in there. The toter just had a stand up shower.

I wouldn't be honest if I said that I'm not missing Avery. Over the past few months, she's became a huge part of my life. So much to where I was actually planning on asking her out on a date. After that night last week, I couldn't just see her as a friend. She's so much more. That night, I had so many feelings running through me. That was the most feelings I have ever felt with a girl before.