Chapter 19

"Layla, come on. You have to stop crying sweetie." I heard Masons voice through the crying. I opened my eyes and looked down to see Mason trying to calm Layla down but not having any luck. I crawled out of bed and stepped down to where they were at. "I'm sorry. I've been trying to get her calmed down. I didn't want her to wake you."

"It's fine. Let me see her." I told him and held my arms out. He handed her over to me and I cradled her with her belly resting on my arms. I gently swayed with her and she started to calm down. I did it for a few extra minutes and she passed out in my arms.

"How the hell can you do that? I tried and I tried. Everything I tried made her worse." Mason said and shook his head.

"She likes me better." I tell him with a grin and he rolls his eyes at me.

"That she does." He says and takes her back from me. "The movers called me early this morning. The house is set up and ready to move in."

It's been two weeks that Mason has convinced me to stay with him and Layla. I've brought all my things from Gills house and they are now in Masons office with all of Layla's things since the toter isn't big enough.

"Will you come shopping with us to get furniture?" Mason asks me.

"Sure. I need some more nausea pills while we are out." I tell him and he nods. My pregnancy sickness has gotten a little better but I've still been getting sick a lot. It's mostly in the mornings and evenings now so I don't have to worry about it throughout the day when we are doing stuff.

I'm glad that it's gotten better since I've been working at the shop. Mason moved an extra desk next to his and has been showing me different things to do. It's a fun job since I work with all the guys at the shop.

I grabbed an outfit out of my bag and went to the bathroom to change. I put on some black leggings and a blush colored sweater that was oversized. It hid my little baby bump that looked like I just ate a huge meal. Since we haven't announced it to anyone, I'm still hiding it.

When I got back out Mason was dressed as well. He was wearing some buckle jeans with a plaid shirt and a black vest. Layla was wearing a racing onesie and some pink pants with a jacket.

"Where should we go first? You probably know more about stores than I do." Mason said as we were climbing into his truck.

"Well for the bigger furniture, Ashley's would probably be the best. For decorating, I'd say hobby lobby and home goods." I tell Mason and he nods before driving to town. Our town has a mall and then a few streets over it has a strip mall. All the furniture stores are in the strip mall so it made it easy.

We went to Ashley furniture first. "Is there anything I can help you all with?" A saleswoman came up to us as soon as we walked in the door.

"We are looking for a living room set and a bedroom set first. Do you sell nursery sets?" Mason tells the salesperson.

"We do." She said with a nod.

"I also am looking for one of them." He says and she shows us to the bedroom sets first. "Which is your favorite?"

"Why ask me? It's your room." I tell him with a laugh.

"Because I have no designer in my blood and I guarantee that you can pick better than I can." He tells me with a shrug. I look over all of them and choose my favorite.

"I like this one the best." I tell him and he smiles before telling the lady that it was the one we wanted. The lady put a tag on it and then took us to the different living room sets. Mason wanted me to pick again so I chose the one that I thought would look the best. The next thing was the crib.