Chapter 18

I woke up and ran to the bathroom to empty my stomach of the food that I ate yesterday for dinner. Mason had somehow convinced me to stay another night with him. Layla wasn't helping either because she wanted me and only me. Mason would try to change her and feed her but she would just start crying. The second Mason stepped away and I took over, she stopped and was perfectly fine.

I knew Mason had to be getting frustrated at her. He didn't like me having to do everything and he was trying to be strict with her but neither him nor I could listen to her cry for that long so I ended up giving in and finishing whatever Mason was trying to do.

"Damn Avery, you're already feeling sick?" Mason asked as he rubbed his eyes and walked into the bathroom. He grabbed my hair and rubbed my back.

"Its normal to be sick in the mornings. That's usually when people get sick but I have it all the time." I explain to him. Even though he has a kid, the whole pregnancy thing is new to him. He's never been around pregnant people except Lacey and he wasn't around her every minute of everyday. He only seen her for a few hours a week.

I stayed by the toilet while Mason cooked some eggs and bacon. I felt better so I brushed my teeth and stepped out of the tiny bathroom. I was only wearing one of Masons tshirts and some boy short underwear.

"I'm meeting with the sales person for the house today. Will you come and look at it?" Mason asks me.

"If you want me too." I tell him and eat some of the eggs he gave me.

"Of course I do. I want to make sure you like it." He tells me.

"Why? It's your house." I point out.

"Well if I can ever convince you to move in, then it would be our house." He says.

"Mason, I told you I wasn't ready for a relationship." I tell him again with a sigh. It's not that I don't like Mason or I can't see a future with him, because believe me that's all I see. I see us raising Layla and our new baby. I see us going to the races and me keeping the kids to cheer him on while he races. I see him proposing to me and me walking down the isle. That's what scares me. I built up my walls and I'm not ready to let them down. Derek broke me and I can't have that happen again.

"I didn't say anything about a relationship. You can move in as friends, the same way you stayed in the apartment. We were just friends living together. There's 5 bedrooms. There's enough for you to have your own room plus a room for the new baby." He tries to convince me again.

"I'll think about it but for now, I would love to look at it with you." I tell him and that seems to be enough for him as he nods and goes to get dressed. I find my small bag of clothes and find a pair of leggings with one of Masons racing sweat shirts. Once Mason had came out of the bathroom, I went in and changed.

"I will show you the different ones before we go, that way we don't have to look at all of them. They are all on my computer in the office." Mason tells me and I nod. He picks up the sleeping Layla and we walk in his shop. I can hear a few guys in the main part, working on a car. We entered in the side door so I didn't see who all was there.

We went straight to his office and he pulled up pictures of the houses. He showed me all the ones he had looked at. Some were 4 bedrooms while the others were 5 bedrooms. "My favorite is the Pastura. The one they have on the lot is white with lots of windows. It has the 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It has 2 living rooms and a big kitchen. The front of it is a big porch and there's a smaller covered porch on the back." Mason tells me as he shows me pictures.

It was beautiful and had lots of space. "That's my favorite out of all the ones you showed me." I tell him and he agrees before typing more stuff on the computer. I suddenly felt my breakfast coming up so I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I threw open the door and Greg was standing there washing his hands.