Dispute

(WANG DAO)

Uncle Jiang and Uncle Mei decided to excuse themselves in the new negotiations we will have with HaRon.

"Just keep me informed about what was agreed upon in this meeting. I still have businesses to see to while we are here and I need my rest," Uncle Jiang patted my cheek. "Good job, my boy."

"Thank you, Uncle." I love my godfather who never missed a chance to say when I am doing something wrong or right.

"I will rest too," Uncle Mei smiled at me. "Tomorrow, I will go to the marketplace with your Uncle Jiang to look for gifts and toys we can bring home for your cousins."

"How are ShuYin and ZhouLin? I'm so sorry for being tardy in inquiring about them." I winced at my uncles.

"They are fine. ZhouLin is behaving well in his lessons when we left the capital." Uncle Mei said. He turned to Father, "Should we buy colorful threads for Hua? Her embroidery skill is improving, am I right?"

"Hua has an embroidery skill?" That is news to me.

Father smacked my chest with the back of his hand. I coughed at the impact of that hit. "Please do. I am sure Hua will love some new threads to use. Or at least her Nana will appreciate them." Father intently looked at me when he mentioned my Nanny.

I felt pain filled my chest at the thought of my Nanny. I clamped my lips. If there is someone aside from Hua that I have no rights to ask questions about their well being, it is Nanny. I gave her enough heartaches and she doesn't deserve any bit of it. My sweet Nanny.

"She misses you a lot," Father decided to stuck the knife on me and twist it a little. "She has more gray hair now but still very active and lively. She still regularly clean you room and sew clothes for you."

"Just tell me what I can do for her. Stop torturing me like this," I begged Father as Uncle Jiang and Uncle Mei left to go to their room.

Father sighed. "The ultimate kindness you can do for her is go home and let her fuss over you."

"I'll write her a long letter and will purchase jasmine tea for her. She loves jasmine tea," I said. I know what my Nanny likes.

"Oh Dao," Father caressed my arm comfortingly. I sighed and let him precede me to the negotiation table where Baba forced HaRon to sit.

Father sat down with HaRon and Baba while I opted to stand close to the open window of the villa. I saw soldiers and spies alike guarding the perimeter on the front of the building. Trust my Baba and Father to get their respective men together if they are on the same place in a mission.

Where else will your find legitimate soldiers and trained spies and assassins trusting their leaders and follow orders to cohabit and guard the same post?

Only Baba and Father.

"How will we proceed now, General Wang? My sister is fuming mad with her name being dragged in this mess and Princess XiLen is fanning her current fury," HaRon said.

"Show us Prince Jin and we will proceed from there," Baba said.

"We cannot do that," HaRon said calmly.

"Why not? Are you really that afraid of one banished princess?" Father looked puzzled. "She is but one woman. I'm not saying she is weak but for heaven's sake...how many are we here? If we cannot force that woman to show us her son, then lets just hand her both kingdoms. Why not?!" Father's tone is now showing emotions beyond annoyance.

"Its not that simple," HaRon winced. "There are certain things..."

"You need Prince Jin for something else," I said before frowning as I moved towards the table to sit with the three of them. "How...?"