Jiang ShuYin

(JIANG)

"Was there something wrong with your cousin's visit on you this afternoon?" I asked Mei as we get ready to turn the night in.

"Nothing much. Dayu seems distracted. But who can blame him really? Both Dao and Hua are acting like their parents' patience has no limits. I tried to console Dayu as much as I can but I don't think I helped that much,"

"I know you did your best," I sat on the foot of our bed and reach for Mei's hand as he stood near me. "I will visit the palace tomorrow to report to his Majesty. Maybe I will seek Qing to get some news about my godson."

"I volunteered to beat Dao for Dayu once that boy comes back here. It's what he deserve for disappearing on us like that. Making us all worry,"

I laughed at that. "I think Qing and that assassin are capable of doling punishment on their children. They will be fine, my love."

Mei gave me a shy little smile. I kissed the back of his hand. "And don't worry about ZhouLin as well. I'll find a tutor for him who will teach him how to add and subtract numbers."

Mei groaned. "How many has it been already? Six? Just this year alone. Your son change tutors more times than the season change around us. Maybe we should consider that studying is not ZhouLin's strongest suit."

"And what will he do with his life? Play all day?" I shook my head at my beloved. "ZhouLin has to keep up with his lessons. ShuYin does it just fine, why can't he? He cannot hate his books forever."

"Dayu and I discussed this on his visit. We think ZhouLin has dyslexia."

"Dyslexia?" That made me frown. "I think I heard that term before...I just can't place it."

"It's a condition that makes reading a challenge for a person. ZhouLin is fine following orders as long as he saw how it gets done. But if he has to read the instructions..."

"He is having trouble," I nodded. "I also noticed that about him."

"What should we do? What if ZhouLin does have dyslexia?" Mei looked deeply concern.

"Then we will fix him," I said easily. "I will arrange for a doctor to see ZhouLin and check if our theory is right. If he indeed has a condition that makes reading difficult for him, we will do everything we can to help him get over it."

Mei squeezed my hand. "If ZhouLin was diagnosed with that kind of condition, promise me your family won't interfere and make things harder for our son," he said.

I nodded. "I promise. I will protect the three of you from my family."

Mei said beside me and leaned in to kiss my cheek. "Thank you," he once again gave me a shy smile. I felt my chest constricting at how beautiful he is.

Mei has a serene beauty that never fails to tug at my heart. As he grew older, his beauty and grace get more pronounced that he always makes me proud of how regal he carries himself. Mei has no artifice and he is not coy. He is natural in reassuring people around him and always willing to help.

I cannot wait to grow more with him. I know added years will only enhance Mei's loving and kind nature.

I put an arm around his waist to gently pull him closer to my side. I stared into Mei's eyes. "I love you," I said solemnly before leaning close to kiss Mei's lips.

Mei made a little sweet sound before answering my kisses. He wound his arms around my shoulder and let my tongue slip between his lips so I can get a taste of him. I slowly guided Mei to fall into our bed while our lips are locked together.