Consultation and Rewards

(AHRAN)

I cannot help but feel irritated at our unexpected visitor. Especially when I heard why Wang Dao landed at our doors.

"Do you think I am some kind of country fair fortune teller to ask me to do a reading about you and your potential bride?" I feel highly insulted. "I am a seer, Wang Dao. As close to being a heavenly being as possible. What do you think you are doing here?"

"Marriage is a serious business, or so I heard. And I am here because I take this matter in grave consideration." Dao said in indeed a serious manner. "I want to hear some sage advices on marriage from an almost heavenly being like you," there's something sarcastic on how he said "almost heavenly being".

"You want some sage advice? Go away before I call the Master General to pick you up like a little pup on your nape," I told him threateningly.

"You are not hearing me right. I said I will not leave until I consulted you about the matter of my marriage," Dao insisted.

"My hearing is just fine. If someone needs to clean their ears, it should be you. I told you, I'm not some second rate fortune teller on a sidewalk that you can consult about your impending marriage."

"Marriage is a sacred matter. Who else should I consult about this most important thing than a sage advisor like you?" Dao gestured at me with both his hands.

I felt my irritation climbing to my head. At the corners of my eyes, I saw Adda reaching for the hilt of the sword tied around her waist. Dao leaned his body against the backrest of his chair but his relaxed form didn't fool me even once. I know how quick he can draw one of those million daggers he probably hidden under his clothes.

Alright, a million is an exaggerated number but I won't be surprised if this man has at least twenty weapons on his body.

I put a calming hand on Adda. "I only advise Emperors, Dao. Unless you suddenly acquired a kingdom for yourself, I doubt if you are an Emperor."

"Exactly. How good are your advices if you can't even give me one about my marriage? Surely, a little thing like my nuptial is nothing for a seer like you who spew visions for our great kingdom."

My hands fisted tightly. That or I reach for his hair and pull it hard. "I have no time for this. Tell me what I can tell you for you to go away," I said.

Dao produced a little painting in a wooden plank from his robe and laid it carefully on the table between us. "My intended. Can you look at her and tell me what you think about her?"

I didn't even bother to take a peek at the picture of his intended. "What I can tell you about her is that my opinion shouldn't matter since I am not the one who will marry her. Your opinion of her should take precedent on anyone else's view of her."

"Then consider it that your view matters to me the most. Even more than my own," Dao pushed the portrait closer to me.

"What kind of man will put more importance to other's opinion more than his own?" I asked, feeling confuse.

"Ahm, the Master General."

"What?"

Dao chuckled. "My Baba regards my Father's opinions higher than his own."

"Thats because the Master General loves Master Jian Yu the most." I said in a matter of fact tone.

Dao shrugged. "You want me to tell you I love you first before you'll give me your predictions to my impending marriage? Should I make an offering and worship you by kneeling and burning incense?"

Adda whimpered agitatedly behind me. I don't blame her. I also find this guy impossible to deal with.

"Stop making jokes, Master Dao. I suggest you leave..."