Simple Truths

(WANG DAO)

Another week has passed and it feels like my body is about eighty five percent back to full health. Father's massages, Nanny's care, good hours of sleep and the food in Wang Estate are healing me in rapid ways. Its bliss.

But I am starting to feel bored looking at the lake and orchards around our estate. I love being home but to be tied down to one place is...not ideal as well. I want to explore the capital, meet my friends, see my old haunting grounds and spots...maybe check out White Lotus...and say hello to my uncles and cousins there...along with some other people...

"I need sex," I told Father when I cannot endure the boredom anymore. I believe in being honest and needing sex is something a normal man like me needs. Its just fact.

"Then I will call for women here to entertain you..."

"No. No!" It felt like icy water slapped my whole body at the thought of ladies of the night coming here in our home and vying for my attention while my Father and Nanny are nearby. I might actually drown myself in the lake if I had to go through that. "Thats not what I want."

"Of course its not. What you want is to go out, meet your friends, gallivant into the White Lotus, drink with the women there and fornicate with them. I know what you want," Father said.

Great. I don't even have to explain in details to him my intentions. "Will you let me?"

"No." Father sneered at me before walking away.

"Father!" I hurriedly went after him. Staying behind his back. "Please, I think I am going crazy..."

"No," Father said again as he pivoted around to face me. He gave me a disapproving look. "I don't want you aggravating your body with strenous and unnecessary activities that could set you back from healing it."

"I'll be careful,"

Father scoffed. "You want me to believe that?" He asked sardonically.

"Yes!" I cannot take this. "Who lied to you that you now hold my words in suspect?"

"You lied to us!" Father growled at me.

I winced at the truth he threw back in my face. "That was one time..."

"No," Father sneered at me again.

"What is going on here?" We turned to see my Baba coming up from the stairs. He is still in his uniform. "Baba, welcome home." I performed my duty as his son and politely greeted him.

"What are you doing to your Father? Why does he look displeased?" Baba scowled at me as he stood beside Father. Great, now I have two opponents.

"He wants to go out and meet his friend and visit the White Lotus. He said he needs sex," Father tattled on me.

Baba's scowl vanished. "Why not let him?"

Father's eyes widened. "What do you mean...his body is still healing." He scoffed at Baba.

Baba stared at me. "He seems fine to me."

"Yes! I am fine," I cannot believe my luck that Baba is on my side in this. "Please let me go."

"No." There is no convincing Father to give a different answer.

"Baba," I turned to my one last hope. Baba sighed, "Go out tomorrow. Not tonight."

"Captain!

"Thank you, Baba!" Father and I had a different reaction to my Baba's decision.

Father furiously turned to Baba. "Who is soft on Dao now? Are you undermining my authority as carer of our children?"