Notice of Leave

(AHRAN)

I need to escape Wang Estate even if it kills me.

That's what been filling my head a week after I fully recovered from my sickness. I have been holed up in this place for close to two weeks now, I am in danger of finding myself wanting to stay.

That desire to keep on staying in the place where Wang Dao grew up, pushed me to accept the fact that I finally need to formulate a plan to escape this place. Thinking that I found a home where I can stay will be a mistake for someone like me. I couldn't stay put in one place and make a home until I fulfilled all my missions and meet my ultimate fate.

The problem is the Consort who wouldn't take his eyes off me. Even if Jian Yu is doing a chore somewhere else in the estate, I can still feel his eyes on me. Maybe because I know that every last person on this estate is loyal to the Consort. All of them, spying and reporting to him.

I am their latest assignment. I could easily picture it on my head. How Jian Yu gathered his loyal servants and ordered them to keep an eye on the blind boy who just recovered from almost dying. They have no idea who I am but they will follow their Master Dayu's words without question because that's how loyal they are to him.

I'm afraid that makes escaping this place difficult and complicated.

"What are you afraid of, really?" Adda asked while she looked without a care in the world while lounging on a reclining chair and munching on apples from the Wang's orchard. "This place is amazing. The beddings are clean. The bathhouse is always open. Food are always fresh and they taste good. Scenery is great. The company...a little sarcastic, but aside from Master Dayu's sardonic attitude at you sometimes, this place is not bad."

"Exactly. This place is not bad that's why we have to leave before we complicate the lives of the people living here. I don't worry about General Wang and Jian Yu, they will survive even if you put them at the center of a war. But the innocent servants and helpers here, do you want their lives in our consciences when things went south and someone sniffed out that we are hiding here?" I asked Adda.

Adda stopped biting on the apple. She wiped her mouth with the back of her mouth. "You have a point...but what is the rush? Why be antsy to leave? We could stay here for another week. Get you stronger."

"I am surrounded with his things here," I said.

"His? You mean...Wang Dao?"

I rolled my eyes before nodding. "I am sleeping on his bed, Adda. I get on his bed. Twenty years too early."

Adda chuckled. "And so? You dreamed about him again? Is it every night now?"

"No," I shook my head. "Since getting well from my fever, I haven't dreamt of Dao again."
That surprised Adda. "Really? Well...isn't that some good news? Or is it bad?"

"I don't know." And that confused me some more. The fact that I am not sure if not dreaming about Dao and that barren field is good for me or not.

"What is your guess? Why are you not dreaming about him in this place?"

"Because he is here," I said. "His things. His family. His history. He is here. I don't have to conjure him on my dreams because I feel him in this very room." I sighed. "That's just my theory."

"Sounds plausible," Adda nodded.

"That is why we need to leave at once." I insisted. "Sure, this place feels like a sanctuary compared to the places where we slept everytime we travel but a good place doesn't mean it is the right place for me. I have many things to do. I cannot stay here..."