43

(Taehyung's POV)

Hmmmm....

Y/N sure has been gone for quite a while...I hope she isn't getting in trouble....

Sign language?

Why would I need to know sign language?

Don't I already know enough language?

Pushing his lips together in deep thought Taehyung nervously plays with the buttons on his new coat, his eyes gliding around the hallway slowly getting emptier the more students that file into the lunchroom.

I'm hungry....I wish Y/N had more of that Japchae.

That was the best surprise ever.

I felt like it was my day of birth.

Wait...that isn't right...birthday.

Mama helped me learn that word.

Letting out a soft sigh and fidgeting in his spot Taehyung pushes his lip out into a pout until his eyes catch something moving in the corner of his vision, his gaze darting over to the figure peering through the lunchroom door.

Eh?

Someone is staring at me.

....Was that a girl?

I don't like that.

I want Y/N to come back.

Should I go in the office too and stand by her?

....She told me to stay here though...I don't want to make her upset if I go in there...

Scooting down the metal lockers against the wall closer to the office doors Taehyung fidgets in discomfort at the form that peeks out at him every few seconds, his sped up heartrate causing anxiety to spike through his system.

Who is that person?

I don't like this.

Y/N please hurry!

As if she heard his silent cries for help Taehyung bounces when he sees Y/N come stomping out of the office with a paper crumpled in her hands, her features fixed in obvious frustration.

Oh!

Y/N!

Grabbing his sleeve lightly and flashing a half-hearted grin in his direction Taehyung begins following Y/N down the hallway, his feet now happily bouncing behind her.

Y/N is back now.

Now I don't have to feel that weird person staring at me.

....should I tell Y/N about it?....

....maybe I shouldn't...she already has so much to worry about because of me.....

Maybe it was just a one time thing!

.................................

(Y/N's POV)

Piece of shit rotten ass school.

Care about your staff?

Yeah I bet you care about your staff just as much as you care about your purple minion looking students.

Gaining a little tug from Taehyung who practically runs to keep up with you your feet suddenly stop, guilt filling your chest when you meet the boys wide eyes.

Oops.

I was walking too fast again.

JinWoo used to give me this same look when I would yank him behind me.

"Sorry Tae, I didn't mean to walk so fast."

"It's okay Y/N! I just can't walk that quickly..."

"Are you hungry? Wanna go get some lunch?"

Watching his dark locks tumble around his face when he happily nods you rub his lower arm and turn towards the lunchroom doors, your legs moving slower to be mindful of the boy behind you.

I'll fill this paper out at home and turn it in in the morning....if I turn it in now she'll probably just throw it away the second I leave.

I have to stay diligent, if I only do this once then I'll never get my way.

I have to make this bitch know who she's messing with.

Guess I'll enjoy some lunch now before I start this-

Pushing the lunchroom doors open to enter the groups of students filling the circled tables placed around the room your eyes widen when your eyes meet the table you used to sit at, your jaw dropping when you see the dirty lunch trays all piled on top of the stools and table itself.

What the hell-

WHAT THE HELL?!

You hear Taehyung audibly gasp behind you and copy your shocked expression as you freeze in place, your face wrinkling into a deep scowl when WooMin comes around the corner of the piled up trays.

"WooMin what the hell."

"What's wrong? I just figured big girls need to eat am I right? All your fellow students donated their leftovers so a big eating girl like you could get nice and full!"

.....what...

Tightening your jaw you simply nod and give him a grin, your eyebrows bouncing up in light amusement.

"Ah, I see. These are loving donations from my fellow students. Well I'm sorry to say I'm not exactly a charity case, so they can take their trays and shove them where the sun won't shine."

"Wow? Is that anyway to talk about the very people that were so kind to give all this food to you? I mean these school lunches, they definitely aren't enough to fill up a fatass such as yourself."

...I swear...

Keeping your eyes on WooMin as students around the lunchroom giggle you inhale a deep breath, your hand squeezing Taehyung's coat sleeve in pent up frustration.

Dont react.

If I get sent to the office now everything I'm trying to do will be ruined.

This isn't about me.

This is about helping Tae get a proper education.

"You're right, these lunches just aren't enough for me, I'll just eat at home later if you don't mind. Thank you for the donations though."

Turning on your heels and throwing the lunchroom door open with your hand you tug Taehyung out of the room before resting your back against the wall, your hand raising up to rub the bridge of your nose.

The more I try to ignore it, the worse the bullying gets.

I don't understand, usually when you ignore people they stop this kind of thing.

"Y/N..are you okay?"

Raising your eyes up to Taehyung who gazes at you with a somber pout you give him a small grin, your hand tenderly patting his puffy cheek.

"I'm okay Tae, they're just bullies. They don't mean anything to me anyway. I'm a lot tougher than they are trust me."

Taking a deep breath when Taehyung's eyes soften at your demeanor he simply nods and leans up against the wall beside you, his fingers grasping the sleeve of your shirt.

That's right...I'm a lot tougher than they are....I have to keep reminding myself of that...or I'm liable to fall into some old habits I'd rather leave in the past.

(A/N): Okay so I know this chapter may seem awkward because of the way Tae speaks in his own mind, but remember he hasn't been taught how to perfect his wording so his inner thoughts seem cutoff and very short :3