72

Ugh, I suck at this.

Gently chipping away at the pieces of pumpkin to carve the cat photo into the surface your lips fall into a frown when the piece of the whisker falls inside of the pumpkin, your eyes cutting over to Tae who meticulously shaved away little pieces of his own pumpkin.

I wonder if he's struggling too...

Trying to peek over the boy's shoulder Tae turns his pumpkin away from you and gives you a grin, a little noise escaping his lips when he gently shakes his head and scoots away from you.

Is he hiding his pumpkin from me?!

Letting out a huff you pull your legs in closer to your body and scoot away from the boy, his eyes shining with warmth when he looks at you and giggles before returning to his pumpkin.

Oh come on why can't I just get a peek!

Continuing to work on your failing car carving you carefully watch Tae use every little tool that was included in the kit, your cheeks burning with a soft blush when Tae's chocolate brown eyes flick up and meet your gaze.

Goodness...it's been a long time since I've felt strange like this....

As the sun begins to set over the mountains you set your carving tools down as you look at the mangled scene in front of you, your cheeks pushed out into a frown until Tae wipes his hands and quickly writes on his board.

"Y/N, Let's show our pumpkins at the same time!"

Nodding gently you let out a small sigh and ready yourself to turn your pumpkin around, your eyes widening when you see the delicate carving spread across Tae's entire surface of his pumpkin when he spins it around.

........Tae........

There in front of you, carved in the waxy orange surface is almost a perfect image of you sitting on the porch carving your own pumpkin, the soft light of the candle inside illuminating the delicate features as you feel your heart completely overtaken in a strange tugging emotion.

"Tae...."

The boy's expression becomes lightly worried and his cheeks flare up in a deep blush as he turns the pumpkin back around and avoids your eyes, his fingers shakily writing on the board before he turns it to you.

"Do you like it?"

Like it?...

Taking the board from his hands you feel a small lump forming in your throat, your eyes threatening to tear up as you place the board back into his nervous shaking fingers.

"I love it."

The second he reads those words his entire face brightens up in a wide grin and little noises escape his throat as he stands up and sets his pumpkin on the porch rail, his expression getting playful when he shows you the board and points at your pumpkin.

"Cute. Whiskerless kitty."

"Hey!"

Gently smacking Tae's arm he lets out a little giggle as you set your pumpkin beside his, your fingers tracing across the board as you show it to him with a frown on your face.

"Well sorry I can't be like you Mr. Picasso."

After cleaning up all of the carving tools and pieces of pumpkin you and Tae sit on the stairs of his porch gently watching the sun go down, your eyes flicking over to the small flashes of light and gentle thump of music happening in the town below the mountain.

Hmm?

What's that?

Grabbing the board from between the both of you Tae watches you with curiosity as you write out your words, his eyes scanning through the words before his face lightly darkens, his shoulders jumping up and down in a gentle shrug.

"What is going on in town? Is it a party?"

"Yes, every year there is a big Halloween Party in the town."

Wow, these people celebrate something other than themselves?

"Why don't you ever go?"

"Can't, all the kids from school there. They would beat me up."

So every year...Tae has done nothing but carve pumpkins and watch from a distance as all of these assholes have the time of their lives at a Halloween party?

....I can't blame him for not wanting to go though...I don't exactly look to be exposed to those people....

Looking over at Tae's somber expression you turn your head away from the scene of the party as a grin spread across your cheeks, your fingers quickly gliding across the board as Tae continues to watch you In curiosity.

"Wait here Tae, I have an idea!"

A little noise escapes his lips when you suddenly get up from the stair and bolt across the yard into your house, your eyes searching around the rickety dilapidated living room as you head into the laundry area.

There has to be at least two in here somewhere...

Opening all of the cabinets and draws you let out a frustrated huff until you open the last cabinet, the stacks of white sheets in front of you causing another smile to spread across your cheeks.

Yes finally!

Grabbing two of the sheets and two pairs of scissors you take back off outside and across the yard to the boy that still sits on the stairs, his lips parting with curiosity when you drop the items and grab the board from beside him.

"Tae, I have an awesome idea."

Nodding his head in response you set the board down and cut two holes in the middle of the sheet, Tae's eyes widening when you throw the sheet over your head and stand on the porch draped in the white cloth.

I cant tell if he's excited or if he thinks I've lost my mind.

Peeling the sheet off of your head you grab the board and drag your fingers across the slippery surface, Tae's eyes flicking up to you after he reads the words written on the board.

"Let's dress up as ghosts, and go to the Halloween party!"

Your eyes watch his every expression as he gets up from the stair and picks up the other sheet still neatly folded up, his cheeks spilling out into a grin when he grunts and gives you a heart nod.

"Mmmm!"

I think that's a yes!

(A/N): Cute Halloween chapter 😅 hopefully I'll update again before/after Halloween is over