64

Geez JinWoo...you're blowing up my phone during this class...

Trying your best to pay close attention to the teacher patiently showing Taehyung how to sign his own name you grab your vibrating phone and shove it in your backpack, your face tightened in light frustration.

What is even wrong with him.

"Do you need to go answer that call?"

"Hmm? O-Oh no. I'm sorry it keeps going off."

"Alright well, my three hours is actually up, I will pack my things and see myself out."

Damnit, I couldn't even pay attention the last five minutes of that lesson.

Trying your best to hide your disappointment and frustration with a tight smile you help the teacher gather up his things and pack them in his leather suitcase, your eyes moving over to Taehyung who still sits there making the same expression over and over with his fingers.

He looks happy though...learning all of this is going to take forever...but it's worth it.

"Did my parents set you up with something nice to stay in?"

"Nice? It's like I'm living in a palace."

That's my parents, they can't do anything lightly.

"I'm glad they put you somewhere nice..."

"Im thankful to your parents actually, with the salary that I'm making right now my wife will be able to take some time off to spend with our son."

"You have a son?..."

"Mhm. He too is hard of hearing like I am, it's genetic actually but since he was born my wife had to go back to work...we don't like leaving him with a sitter so we work separate shifts, this way she can finally take some time off...and we can spend time together as a family."

Parting your lips in light shock you try your best to stifle the jealous emotions burning in the back of your throat, a bitter smile creeping up on your lips.

To have parents that want to spend time with you.

That kid is living the dream.

"That's good...thank you for taking the time to fly out here to teach my friend.."

"It is my pleasure, I will see you both day after tomorrow."

The two of you give the teacher a final wave before he gets into his car and begins down the dusty road towards the highway, your head turning to Taehyung who begins slowly moving his fingers in front of you.

"Taehyung."

Raising your hands and staring up at Taehyung your lips spill out into a wide grin, your fingers fluidly moving like his.

"Taehyung."

You watch as the boy's nose scrunches when he shines his boxy grin in your direction, a small giggle emitting from the bottom of his throat.

...is that...the first time I've heard him...actually laugh?...

With your cheeks now balancing a warm blush on them you shyly reach down into your bag and grab your board, your fingers moving your marker across the slick surface as Taehyung watches you curiously.

"I have to go now Tae, I promised your mom I wouldn't stay past the teacher being here. I'll see you tomorrow."

Disappointment immediately weighs down the male's smile to a gentle pout before he nods and grabs his own board, his eyes tilting down into a somber expression.