44

Finally....I get to go home...

This day has been exhausting...

The second the school bell chips and echos through the empty hallways you slowly packs your bag up full of your books, your eyes scanning the room for WooMin who holds Bom securely on his lap.

He moved his seat to in front of the door.

He isn't going to let me by.

If I don't hurry then Tae could end up in trouble.

Him and his band of freaks are liable to do something cruel to him.

Throwing your backpack onto your back and taking a deep breath you quickly move forward and try to move past the pair, your body stopping abruptly when WooMin's hand jolts out in front of you.

"Going somewhere, freak?"

"Home if you don't mind."

"Ya know, for such a loser you sure are a bitch."

Standing up to meet eye to eye with you your eyes flick over to Taehyung who stands in the hallway, his round eyes narrowing into a glare at WooMin's back.

"WooMin just let me go. You have 8 hours to bully me tomorrow just let me go."

"Maybe I want to bully you now?"

God this guy is an idiot.

"....Move WooMin."

"And if I don't?"

Flicking your eyes up to him and raising an eyebrow you swiftly bring up your knee and connect it with his lower stomach, his eyes widening as he grips his stomach and drops to the floor.

"The bell rang, school isn't in session anymore, bitch."

Stepping over his shaking body as he lets out little grunts of pain you grin at Taehyung when you hear Bom whimpering at her boyfriend doubled over on the ground.

"What the hell! You're insane!"

Sure I'm the insane one.

When you reach Taehyung standing starstruck at the bully on the floor he holds his board up to you, the words making a loud snort leave your lips.

"Remind me never to get on your bad side Y/N."

"You couldn't get on my bad side Tae, now let's go before he gets up and comes after us."

Grabbing the boys wrist and filing through the thick crowds of students out into the chilly fall air, a sigh of relief leaving your chest once the two of you step outside.

Finally...another day done....and Tae didn't get hurt...

Plopping down in your bus seat next to the boy you watch him slowly lay his head on the window and watch the scenery pass him by, your eyes down casting to your boots pressed against the floor of the bus.

I just wanna go home and go to sleep...

I've almost been at this school a month and half....and this place just keeps getting worse...

I have to stay strong....I have to keep going....but today.....

I'm so tired.....

.............................

"I will see you tomorrow Y/N!"

"See you tomorrow Tae, have a good night."

Waving goodbye to Taehyung before he gives you one last cheeky grin and goes inside of his house you lazily press your front door open to your empty house, your eyes dropping down to the cracked wooden floors at your feet.

Alone again.

Dropping your backpack against the dusty rug inside of the entryway and walking into the kitchen you pop open the fridge, your jaw tightening when you see the fresh stew in multiple numbered bowls stacked on the middle shelf.

.....it's the same thing everyday...

Warming up one of the bowls and lightly tossing it onto the counter you take a seat at one of the barstools and stare at the piping hot food in front of you, a small sigh escaping your lips.

How frustrating.

Forcing yourself to pick up the spoon into your fingers your quickly shove a bite of the stew into your mouth before dropping the utensil on the table, tears welling in your eyes the longer you chew the bite of food.

Why do I have to be like this?

Why can't I just be naturally skinny like the rest of the girls in the world?

Letting out a soft sob after you swallow the final bite of step you shove the bowl off of the counter and lay your head down, your entire body shivering from the full sensation in your belly.

I hate this.

I hate all of this.

Why of all things do they have to point out my weight.

There's so many other flaws I have that you can point out, so why choose this one?

Suddenly your whole body jumps when you feel something buzzing in your pants pocket, your fingers lazily tugging the device out to see the familiar number on the screen.

JinWoo....

I don't want you to see me like this...but I can't ignore you...

"Oh! Hey Baby!"

"Hey..."

"You missed my call last night.."

"Yeah I'm really sorry about that...I'm so tired lately...this school is kicking my ass."

"...Are you okay Baby?"

"Yeah...I was just taking a nap."

I'm such a filthy liar.

I'm lying to the one person that loves me the most.

"It's almost your favorite holiday ya know."

"Eh? Oh...that's right....it's almost Halloween..."

"Do you have anything planned?"

"No...not really."

"Seriously?! You? Not having something planned for Halloween?"

"....This place isn't like anywhere else JinWoo...it isn't exactly easy to even breathe in this town."

"So? That's what I love about you the most. You don't give a shit about what other people think of you, you're yourself in all of your glory baby."

Going silent and staring at your boyfriend laying in his bed you've slept in so many times you feel your cheeks tilt up into a light grin, the weight on your shoulders tenderly lifting and disappearing.

"Mmm...you're right...."

"Damn right I'm right. Don't let those assholes get you down beautiful."

"You know I won't..."

"Alright, I love you baby, I'm gonna get some sleep before work."

"Mmm...I love you too JinWoo..."

Keeping your eyes on your dark phone once the screen goes black you allow the device to fall back onto the table, another stray tear glimmering down your cheek.

I feel so guilty.

I'm telling you that I love you.

And yet.

My heart no longer flutters when I answer my phone.

(A/N): 😲🤭