14

(Y/N's POV)

"Rest Well Taehyung"

Holding the notebook up to the boy and watches another small smile tug on his handsome face you don't get a chance to see what he wrote on his window as your mother opens your door and steps in your room, her expensive duffle bag hanging from her fingers.

"Alright Honey, your father and I are off for our trip."

"See ya."

"....You know...Your father has worked very hard these last 3 days getting all of this set up for you."

"What do you want? Me to throw a party? You're abandoning me here in a shit town in this run down house so you can go back to the city and have a good time, just say it how it is mother."

"Y/N-"

"Just save it. I don't want to fight with you before you get on an airplane. Have a safe trip."

"...Alright then. Have a good day at school tomorrow."

When your mother closes your door and you hear her heels make it to the bottom of the stairs you throw your notebook across the room and flop down onto your mattress, a deep sigh of frustration leaving your chest and your arms folding out at your sides.

She always does this.

She always tries to guilt me with them doing the bare minimum of providing me a bedroom and bathroom, then they both leave and have extravagant nights in the city.

Whatever...soon enough I'll be with JinWoo back on the city around my kind of people...I'm not already sick and tired of this place.

Tugging your thick white comforter over your body and folding your lion plush under your arms you look out your window at the top of Taehyung's room still illuminated in soft yellow lighting, only the top of his thick black curls visible.

What an odd person...he must be so smart to know how to read and write without any prior knowledge....

Do words sounds the same to him in his mind?

Shutting your eyes and rolling over to face the wall you tenderly curl your body up underneath of your blanket and let out a final sigh before slipping away into a deep slumber, your tired mind clouded with thoughts of the boy next door.

I guess I can say Mother was right though....I did make a friend...

He's pretty nice too...even if he is weird.....

...................................

Ah yes, a silent house.

Standing by the door in your coal black utility jacket with matching pants that go straight down in your Louis Vuitton white combat boots you take your bagged lunch from the maid and watch out the door for Taehyung, a small spark of happiness ebbing in your chest when you see him walk out wearing the same sweater and mask he wore the day before.

There he is!

Quickly opening your door and making your way over to the boy his eyes lightly widen in shock when you move to stand beside him, his ears turning bright red when you look up and wave at him with a warm smile.

Hesitantly returning your wave and pushing his free hand in his pocket you scoot closer to Taehyung and pull out your notebook, your fingers quickly scribbling words down onto the empty sheet.

"Goodmorning."

You can tell a smile creases his face by the way his almond eyes turn into little half moons until he reaches over and grips onto the notebook, the gleam in his eyes dimming darkly.

"You don't want to talk to me at school."

....He's saying that again....

"Why?"

"Because then people won't like you very much and be mean to you."

Gazing down at the words on the paper and letting a soft sigh escape into the chilly fall air you simply shake your head and write your response, your warm smile you send Taehyung's way causing his ears to darken a deeper shade of red.

"It's okay, I don't like any of them anyway."

Reaching up and tugging Taehyung's mask down to his chin as his lips part softly to allow a small gasp of air to escape, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down when he swallows hard and looks over at you with an odd expression on his comber features.

"I don't want them to be mean to you."

"Let then try to be mean to me."

When the bus arrives in front of Taehyung's house he quickly pulls his mask back up and inhaled sharply when you link your arm with his hand give him a wide smile, your free hand shaking the notebook in front of his face.

"Don't worry Taehyung, maybe you can help me and show me around! I still don't know where some of my classes are."

Both of you stepping onto the bus and making your way down the aisle to the seats you wait for Taehyung to sit down then settle in beside him, his astonished eyes never leaving your form.

This is so sad...

He thinks if I talk to him then nobody will like me...

Is that really how this school is?

You can tell Taehyung is still hesitant about your company by the way he keeps his shoulder pushed against the wall of the bus in defense, his hands pushed down into his coat pockets.

Hmmm...I can tell he still isn't comfortable around me...that's okay we just met...I'm just kind of outgoing...

Sitting back in the seat and occasionally flicking your eyes over to the boy who stares out the window and rests his forehead on the chilly window, his cheeks tinted with little speckles of a pink blush.

Maybe he'll warm up to me in due time....it's obvious he isn't used to someone being genuinely nice to him...he probably thinks I'm just another one of these yahoos that's gonna end up being mean to him...

He's interesting though...

I think we're gonna be good friends...hopefully...

(A/N): Sorry it's taken me so long to update :( sometimes I have a hard time getting stories going like the initial meetings and whatnot, so bear with me!!! 😂

Also, Y/N's outfit: