39

Phew.

That was a long walk.

Finally making your way to the top of the giant hill leading to your houses you gaze over at TaeHyung's door and see him sitting outside of his house, his fingers playing with a button on his brand new coat.

Hmm...I wonder why he's sitting outside?

Tenderly walking over to the boy slow enough to where he has time to notice your presence your lips part in light shock then you see tears welled in his eyes, his arms going to his face as quickly as possible to wipe away the tears.

Tae is crying?

Dropping the bags of supplies and ripping your board from your bag your fingers desperately write against the smooth material of the board, Taehyung's nose turning pink with his somber mood.

"What's wrong Tae? Why are you sitting outside alone crying?"

Very slowly reaching over and grabbing his own board Taehyung sniffles lightly and lazily writes down his words, his bottom lip quivering the entire time he writes.

"Mama had to go back to work today...she won't be back for a week..."

Aww...poor Tae....

"I'm sorry Tae...Where does your mom work?"

"The mines...she stays there for a week at a time...she only gets one day off every week to spend with me."

Mines?

I didn't even know this place had mines?

Who...works in mines anymore?

....Maybe I'm just affluent.

Walking over to grab your bags and sitting beside Taehyung who pushes his lip out into a pout and rests his arms on the tops of his bent knees, his somber expression cracking a small place in your heart.

Poor Tae...I bet he misses his mom so much....

I guess some kids actually miss their parents...

"I have something for you."

Holding your board in front of the boy and watching his teddy bear eyes lock on the words he turns his head and gazes up at you sadly, his eyebrows raising in a questioning manner.

I guess he doesn't want to write in the board right now...but I'm sure this will cheer him up a little bit...

Wiggling your shoulders mysteriously and pulling the cloth bags forward you set them in front of Taehyung and watch him peek over the edge of his arms to the bag, his eyes consistently flicking between you and the bags you keep putting in front of him.

"Go ahead and open them! All of this is for you."

Sheepishly staring into your eyes for a few seconds before using his finger to pull one of the bags open his eyes immediately widen when he starts to recognize the contents, his hand flying down to pull out the tubes of expensive paint.

There we go.

Letting out a deep breathy gasp Taehyung continues pulling all of the items out of the bags and each time you notice the sparkle in his eyes getting brighter and brighter, little hints of his voice being heard with every exasperated sigh.

I wonder what your voice actually sounds like when you aren't yelling...

You obviously have a deeper voice...but still...

Leaning your head on your fist and watching his sadness quickly turn into childlike excitement you feel your lips twitch up into a small grin, a tiny spark of happiness growing among your cold barren heart.

I like seeing him happy...it makes the money spent worth it...

"Oah......"

Snapping out of your own thoughts to the sound of the deep breathy voice you see Taehyung now sitting on the sidewalk amongst all of his new paints and canvases along with all the other supplies, his wide eyes staring directly up at you holding his board in his hands.

"Did you really get all of this for me?"

"Yes I did! I figured you needed some art supplies since you said you didn't have any paper."

"You didn't have to do this..."

"I know, I wanted to do it...I wanted you to have your supplies to do art with."

"All of this is really expensive."

"I know, but I wanted to do it."

Cheeks now filled with a light blush and a smile plastered on his face Taehyung sets his board down and begins quietly examining every item in front of him, his baggy pants hanging loosely from his thin hips and his T-shirt filled with holes submerged under his coat.

I should have bought you some new clothes...but I don't want to overstep...I need to stay respectful...

These are things you can use to do art and perfect your talents that you already have...

Scooting down the stairs to in front of Taehyung with a canvas in front of you your eyes can't help but to watch the happy boy giddily grinning against his new items, his nose scrunched up like a baby bunny.

Now instead of being sad you can have something to do....

Finding a distraction is the best thing when you're missing someone...or when you're sad...

Feeling something buzzing in your pocket you quickly pull out your phone and frown when you see the name on the screen, guilt immediately building up inside of your body.

JinWoo...

I...

I can't talk right now...

Watching your phone screen sadly and allowing the call to ring until it shuts off you swallow hard and shove your phone down in your coat pocket, your gaze returning to Taehyung now sniffing his new bottles of paints.

I'm sorry JinWoo....but I don't want to miss this moment....

I don't know what's going on with me right now...maybe it's past things coming back up to haunt me...

But...I feel guilty towards you for some reason...

I just...don't have anything to talk about...

I'm just like I was before...except for now I have someone that needs my help...

I'm sorry JinWoo...

I'll call you later...

I'm sorry...

I love you...

(A/N): This story is so hard to write :') I'm honestly struggling really hard with it I won't lie to you :') but I'll keep pushing through for you guys :') I'm sorry that this story isn't what you may have thought it was so far....but I am trying...I don't want to delete it....but I'm just having a hard time writing it...anyway, I hope you enjoyed this cute chapter :')