11

(TaeHyung's POV)

She....wanted to know my name...

And gave me a bandage....

Pulling his bottom lip in to nibble on the soft skin Taehyung quickly walks into the house and gazes up at his mother strapping on her work uniform, the dirty soot covered material causing the boy's smile to immediately fade.

Mama is leaving again...

Grabbing a piece of paper with little scribbles on it Taehyung immediately writes something down and holds it up for his mother to see, her warmth filled eyes softening the second she reads the letters.

"Mama, the neighbor girl talked to me."

Her eyebrows arch up in interest and stretch out the small exhaustion wrinkles crinkled against her cheeks that bloom into a grin, her fingers returning the favor by writing something down right under his words.

"Is that so?"

"Yes! She gave me a bandage for my leg...and even asked my name!"

The second she reads the words on the piece of paper Taehyung watches his mother bend down and tug up his bloody pant leg, her head hanging sadly when she sees another line of bruises webbing across his skin.

Oh no...I shouldn't have said anything...

"Taehyung....I'm so sorry honey...I wish I could do more..."

"No Mama! Really! It's okay! The neighbor girl gave me a bandage! I think she's actually nice...."

"Maybe you should ask her to be friends."

Oh-

Friends?

.....with me?...

"I don't wanna...she's probably just being nice because she's new...."

Puffing out his bottom lip in a small pout Taehyung lays his backpack on the ratty couch and allows himself to be folded into his mother's warm embrace, her tiny kiss on his cheek making all the pain of the day disappear.

"I love you baby, I'll see you tomorrow when you get home."

"Okay Mama...be careful."

With another kiss to his cheek Taehyung follows his mother to the door watches her fish her keys out of her purse and slide into the old beat up car with her same smile she's always held for so many years, a deep sense of longing filling Taehyung's chest when his mother begins pulling out of the driveway.

Now I'm home alone again...

Oh well...if Mama doesn't work hard then they'll take our house....and our car...

They're so mean to her...

Shutting the front door and locking the rusted deadbolt Taehyung opens the cabinets in the kitchen and begins trying to find any kind of morsel of food that could be in existence, his stomach bubbling and sending tiny pains through his entire body.

Oh well...Mama will get food tomorrow...she gets some money tomorrow...if she can be strong, then so can I.

Turning away from the kitchen with light misty tears in his eyes Taehyung makes his way up the broken down staircase and pushes open the door to his bedroom, the slight pain in his shin reminding him of the girl on the bus.

She was really pretty...and tall...

Why would someone so pretty want to live out here...people aren't nice to you if you live out here...

Cheeks warming to a soft pink hue Taehyung sits down on his mattress on the floor and pulls his pant leg up to examine the tiny bandage covering his cut, his fingers sliding over the tiny object with a growing smile.

She sat in front of me.

She didn't ignore me or shove me away.

She doesn't look like those girls that I go to school with...she wears different clothes and even acts different around everyone else...

Standing up in front of his mirror and leaning forward to gaze at his own face Taehyung presses his hands against his ears and exhales a deep sigh, the silence of the room beginning to slightly overwhelm his dead sense.

I wonder what her voice sounds like...

I bet it sounds soothing...like Mama's voice might sound...

Like a warm voice..when you get to stay home on a snow day and drink a warm chocolate like in the movies...

Closing his eyes and massaging his ears to calm himself down Taehyung looks around his room and pulls his blanket down from his bed and wraps himself up in it while sliding down onto the cushion of his bay window, his eyes gazing out at the sunset colored leaves beginning to fall from the trees behind his house.

I love this time of year....everyone puts out pumpkins and dresses up in funny costumes...maybe I'll be a ghost again this year...because nobody can tell it's me underneath of the sheet...

Trying to get lost in thought Taehyung allows his eyes to travel to the house beside his and he lets out a small gasp when he sees the girl enter her room and throw her backpack on to her floor, a wide smile splayed on her dainty face from her phone pressed against her ear.

Oh...she has one of those phones...she must have a boyfriend..or friends she talks to...

Sliding his hand up to press against his throat Taehyung feels his cheeks stretching into a grin when the girl pouts and plops herself down into her bay window.

She has a window like me...

Oh.

I'm being creepy.

If she sees me she's going to think I'm staring at her.

Quickly averting his eyes from her smiling form and turning his body so his back is resting against the wall Taehyung's entire face erupts in a blush of embarrassment, his hands tugging his blanket around his body tightly.

Should I sit here?

No...maybe I should move.

But I always sit here.

Well she doesn't know that...so she would definitely think I'm staring at her like a creep.

She probably already thinks I'm weird since I can't hear her....everybody thinks I'm weird because of that...so why would she be any different....

Shifting his form to get off of his bat window cushion Taehyung turns his gaze one more time to the girls window and gasps when he sees her hands holding a notebook against the glass, her warm smile causing a clan of butterflies to begin fluttering around in his stomach.

"Hello"

(A/N): Hehehehehehe