50

What in the world.

What is going on?!

Letting out small frustrated huffs as you trip along the grass with Taehyung's fingers gently covering your eyes, your hands trying to scramble against your board trying to write to him.

As if I could see if he responded anyway.

Where are we going?

Feeling your lips tug into a grin when Tae's tiny giggles echo amongst the sound of crunching leaves under your feet you reach up and hold onto his wrists for balance, your own giggles beginning to boil up from your chest.

"What in the world."

Once the two of you finally stop in your tracks Taehyung's chest lightly bumps into your back as he lets out a final giggle before pulling his fingers from in front of your eyes, the sun causing you to squint at the scene laid out in front of the both of you.

Oh...my gosh...

The second your eyes land on the small red and white checkered blanket laid across the grass and a small basket full of strawberries resting in the corner Taehyung hops in front of you and extends his arms, his bright boxy grin on full display along with his tiny eyes smile

"Hmmmm!"

Covering your mouth as you giggle at the tiny sound he lets out from the bottom of his throat you raise your eyebrows and grab your board, your lower lip clasped between your teeth trying to control your grins.

"Is this for me?"

"Yes! It's a picnic! Surprise!"

A picnic...what a little dork...

Letting out a bright laugh and gazing at the tiny picnic with joy you step over to the blanket and sit down in the middle, Taehyung quickly joining you with his tongue lightly sticking out from his lips.

He's so cute....I've never had a picnic before.

Sitting back and watching the warm fall sun hazy across Taehyung's sharp features he tugs the basket of strawberries over to him and begins cutting the stems off of each of them, his eyes completely focused on the fruit not noticing your tender stares set on him.

How can someone be so precious....he never looks sad...or scared...or even angry...the only time I've seen him angry is when he was staring at WooMin....Taehyung is like the moon...he even shines in the dark...

"Here's your strawberries Y/N, I brought sugar too so you could make them sweet."

Grabbing your plate and giving the boy a bright smile you watch his entire face warm into a bright pink blush, his lip puffing out as he avoids your gaze and shoved a strawberry in his mouth.

He is very shy though...it's cute...

"You...aren't mad at me Tae?"

Watching the boy scrunch his forehead in confusion when he reads your board he quickly throws his strawberry on his plate and grabs his own board, his marker flying against the white surface as quickly as possible.

"Why would I be mad at you Y/N?"

"All that stuff with WooMin today...I'm sure your mom is mad at me too..."

"Mama isn't mad at you."

Widening your eyes and flicking them up at the boy he lets out a soft sigh and pops another piece of fruit in his mouth, his body scooting closer to you as he writes on his board.

"Mama doesn't like those people either. She knows they're bad people."

"Then why haven't you guys moved?"

"Mama won't tell me why. I have asked her before but she doesn't answer me..."

I wonder what that means....Tae's asked to move but his mom won't respond?

"Where does your mom work again?"

"In the mines. After my Appa died she started working in the mines for all those long hours."

"Where did she work before?"

"She didn't. She stayed home with me when I was little...I guess she had to work since my Appa was gone."

"Tae...have you always been deaf?"

Looking at you Taehyung tenderly looks down at the blanket and shakes his head, his eyes glazing over as his mind seems to swirl with his own inner thoughts.

"I don't remember what it was like to hear...but I know I've been able to hear before...Mama told me I got sick and lost my hearing."

Sick?

And lost hearing in both ears?

Nodding softly and setting your board down for a while you and Taehyung sit together in complete silence eating your strawberries, your eyes stealing glances at the boy every once in a while as the fall air blows your hair against your cheeks.

"Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

Holding his board in his hands for a while TaeHyung's face burns in a blush as he turns it around and looks away from you, your own cheeks mimicking the same shade as his when you read the little words written on the white surface.

"You looked pretty today."

...pretty?...

Widening your eyes and gripping the bottom of your skirt in your hands you flick your gaze away from the boy, your nose warming from turning your face towards the sunlight.

He..thinks I looked pretty?....

"Thank you..Tae.."

I don't know what to say...I've been called pretty before...but why am I so shy this time...I feel like my face is going to explode...

Swallowing hard when Taehyung shyly scoots closer to you your gaze hesitantly moves over to him as he sets his board down in front of you, a soft sigh leaving his lips into the silent air.

"You shouldn't listen to those mean people. I'll protect you from them."

.....he....

Turning your gaze to Taehyung and feeling your entire chest bloom with little petals of heat all you can muster is a small grin, your head moving to softly lean against Taehyung's shoulder as you set your own board in front of him.

"And I'll protect you from them."

Hearing a small breathy chuckle leave the boy's lips you gently close your eyes and enjoy the cool breeze beginning to flutter against your cheeks as the two of you sit in complete silence, no words needing shared in that moment.

Never once...in my life...

Has anyone ever said they would protect me...

(A/N): :3 I grinned like an idiot writing this entire chapter.