58

Oh damn I'm nervous.

Why does this woman's house make me so nervous.

Gently setting the plate of cookies on the table while Taehyung's mother stands at the stove you shyly clasp your hands together, your feet carrying you into the living room where Taehyung is in front of the small wooden coffee table coloring a picture.

He's so cute...

Taking the place beside the boy and grabbing a crayon you watch his eyes flick over to you quickly, a small grin playing on his full lips.

Thank god...for some reason he's been acting so strange...ever since our picnic...

"So Y/N. Tell me more about this teacher."

Moving your gaze from Taehyung to the woman standing beside the couch with her arms crossed you nod and stand up, your hands pushing the thick material of your sweater against your skin.

"U-um. I don't actually have any of the details about them...I don't know who they'll be..but my parents will hire the best teacher they can find..."

"It seems your parents are very good at getting the best."

And there's the hit right at the money.

"I saw a woman leaving your house, I will presume that is your mother? You two look quite alike."

"Uh...yeah..."

"Your parents aren't home very often, they must be working out of town?"

"Yes ma'am...they're real estate moguls that fix up houses and sell them...over the years they have become quite popular and in demand."

She should be an interrogator.

Turning your head over to Taehyung who watches you with his teddy bear oval eyes your body jumps when your phone begins buzzing, your eyes staring at the name lit up on the screen.

Sorry JinWoo...I'm busy...

"Is that important?"

"Eh? O-Oh! N-No!"

Shoving your phone back in your pocket as quickly as possible while Taehyung looks away from you with a sad expression, his mother gently nodding before returning to the kitchen.

"Boyfriend?"

"Eh? Oh..um..yeah...h-he lives back in my old city I used to be in before I moved here..."

"You must have been pretty upset about moving."

Damn this woman is drilling me.

"I guess yeah...however I met Tae..so it's not so bad being here."

When the room falls into a light silence you return to the living room where Taehyung sits by himself still coloring on the same picture, your lips pushing down into a pout when he doesn't look over at you when you sit down.

Why is he acting so strange?...

Did I do something to make him mad?...

Reaching over with a crayon you gently write your words on the side of the page, your eyes nervously staring up at Taehyung when he flicks his eyes over to where your crayon stop.

"Tae..are you still my friend?"

Nervously watching the boy close as his eyes read over the letters he finally moves his head to look over at you,  a small nod causing relief to flush over your entire system.

"Of course Y/N. You are my best friend."

Gently bumping his shoulder and listening to small giggles emit from his throat when you look up you see his mother standing in the entrance to the kitchen.

"Dinner is ready if you would like to join us."

"O-Of c-course ma'am! I-If you'll have me..."

"It isn't me. Taehyung is actually the one that said he wanted you over for dinner."

He was...

Glancing over at the boy who abandons his coloring to lead you into the kitchen, his hand motioning for you to sit by him with little whines and hums escaping into the air.

He still wants me over...maybe I didn't make him upset after all...

"I apologize for the small portions. This week is in between my paychecks so it's only the leftovers."

"N-No! Dont apologize! You don't have to feed me at all if you want."

"Dont be silly. It's rude to invite someone to dinner and not feed them."

Noticing a playful grin growing across the woman's cheeks you take a bite of the oatmeal, your eyes leaving the woman to move over to Taehyung who quickly looks away from you with a blush on his cheeks.

"I um...I wouldn't be against..the teacher coming here to the house."

"Wait really?"

Widening your eyes and turning towards the woman in shock you watch her gently moving around her oatmeal with her spoon, her eyes hesitant to move up to meet your gaze.

"It's getting colder outside, especially at night when you kids are getting home from school, so I don't see much of a problem with the teacher coming here. I'll have to tidy up a bit. Since there is going to be a teacher present I don't see why you two couldn't just do it here."

She's...letting me in her house when she isn't here?!

"Maybe if I'm home I could join in on the lessons as well. It would be nice to have a way to communicate with Taehyung better. I have always felt bad about him not knowing sign language."

"Y-Yeah of course! Of course you can sit in on the lessons...I was hoping I wouldn't be stepping on your toes...or anything like that...I tried to request it to the school but uh, that didn't go well."

"Well, I would be surprised if it did. That school system has many issues that can't be solved by a Highschool girl."

Offended, but I understand.

Giving the woman a small grin you suddenly turn when you feel a soft tug on the sleeve of your shirt, your eyes moving down to the words written on Taehyung's board.

"What are you saying?"

Poor Tae!

I haven't told him yet!

Reaching down and grabbing your board and marker you gaze up at the boy every once in a while, a small chuckle escaping your lips at his growing impatience when he tries to look over your board.

He's so cute when he gets impatient.

"I talked to my mother today, and she said I can get you a teacher that will teach you sign language so you can communicate and speak."

"Really?! You promise?!"

"I promise."

I'll do anything I can't to help you navigate the world Tae...then you and I can have all different kinds of conversations...Because...

You deserve everything this world has to offer...

(A/N): My apologies once again, for it taking me forever to update this story 😅 all I can do at this point is say I'm sorry 😅