33

(TaeHyung's POV)

Oh my gosh...Oh my gosh!

Y/N is in my house.

She's actually in my house.

Mama let me have a friend over!

Trying to keep his excitement at bay in front of the two women Taehyung pushes his hands down the sides of his thick new coat clasped around his shoulders, his heart warming to its full capacity as he stares at Y/N.

She gave me this fancy coat too....I love mama so much...but she's wrong about Y/N....she's pretty...and kind....and really warm...I can tell when Y/N looks at me that she has a pretty heart...her eyes are sparkly...

Watching the girl slowly pull the covering off the huge bowl of noodles as his mother mixes the big pot of oatmeal on the stove Taehyung plays with his fingers and moves towards Y/N, his eyes slightly gazing down at her with warmth and admiration.

I like standing next to Y/N...she feels safe...

When the girl looks up and meets Taehyung's gaze his entire heart explodes with happiness when her thin lips stretch into a playful grin, her chopsticks slowly pulling out a small bite for him to taste.

Is that for me?

That has to be for me.

She isn't eating it.

Scrunching his nose playfully and leaning forward to take the bite the boy's lips lightly pout into his grin as he starts chewing, his eyes lighting up when Y/N exhales a soft silent giggle.

I wish I could hear you so badly....

I bet your laugh is so soft and bright...like the warmth of the sun when the day is cold....I wish I could sit down and speak to you...I would listen to you talk all day long if I could...

Suddenly Taehyung snaps out of his trance when he sees Y/N's eyes wide and her cheeks completely overtaken in a heavy blush as her own gaze still holds his own, the two of them completely frozen in the euphoric moment of shared admiration.

Oh dear.

What is this feeling.

This is a weird feeling.

My tummy feels wiggly.

Am I going to get sick?

No...this isn't a sick feeling....

Tearing his eyes away from the girl because of the overwhelming emotions overtaking his form Taehyung reaches up and places his fingers on his warm cheeks, his teeth tenderly nipping at the inside of his lip.

Y/N makes me feel weird, my face is all warm like I have a fever...but yet I don't feel sick...

I feel....happy....

.............................................

(Y/N's POV)

Taehyung.........

Completely frozen in shock staring at the boy now slowly making his way over to one of the vintage wooden chairs covered in scratches from age and overuse you swallow hard and flick your eyes over to his mother's back, your chest exhaling a soft sigh of relief.

Thank god she didn't see that.

She probably would have kicked me right out the front door.

What....even....was that.....

It's like I was lost in Taehyung's eyes...like he was trying to tell me something with that look....like...he was yearning for something as if he had searched for it for a century....

Patting your warmed pink cheeks and getting a new pair of chopsticks you begin dishing the Japchae out onto the plates, making sure you give Taehyung and his mother bigger portions than your own.

It's obvious...that they can't afford food.

By the way Taehyung acted in the lunch line...and when I gave him that granola bar...I had a hunch but now I'm sure they can't afford food all the time.

Taehyung doesn't seem to have a father either...and when his mother looks at him she has an odd look in her eyes...almost like an animalistic protection...

Something isn't right...but I won't press anyone on it...it isn't any of my business anyway...

"Alright, this isn't much, but I made some strawberry oatmeal...I know it doesn't go with Japchae but still."

"No no! It smells delicious...I've never had strawberry oatmeal before."

"Really? Not once?"

"For a while I lived on microwave food that I could cook myself until I had some issues and my parents hired a cook that travels with me. She only cooks me dinner then leaves."

"Issues?"

"......I was in the hospital for malnutrition and they told my parents it's from lack of proper food."

Lack of proper food...sure.

Suddenly feeling embarrassed in front of the woman you slide into one of the chairs and grin when Taehyung moves to sit beside you, his lower lip slowly pulled into his mouth and his hands tucked into his lap.

Taehyung is so cute my goodness.

Holding up your plate as Taehyung's mother pours some of the oatmeal in a bowl and sets in beside the Japchae you lower the plate back down to the table and smile, your heart immediately warming looking at the piping hot food in front of you.

A home cooked meal by a parent.....

This is a first for me....I've never tried a meal touches by the hands of a loving parent...

Trying to keep the waves of emotions crashing against you at bay you slowly pick up your spoon and dip it in the bowl, the sweet tangy scent of the strawberries drifting into your nose and filling your senses with warmth.

This house is different than any house I have ever been in....

This house is full of things I've never experienced in my life...things I've always looked for...and searched for...

This woman...she looks so bitter because her house isn't the best...and she doesn't have money for much food...even about Tae's father....she doesn't know that she has things I've never had before....

I can understand how she doesn't like rich people...I don't even like rich people... myself...

But she doesn't understand...she's rich in her own ways....

....She's rich in love.

(A/N): This took me forever! Hopefully my next update won't take this long! I hope you all enjoyed!! 💜