Assault on the cave (II)

When Hrtafren also disappeared, they began to panic.

"Has he been killed? Will those two come after me? Or has he joined them? Whatever the reason, it's dangerous," Jzvyren mused, while backing away.

"What's going on? Is Jzvyren scared?" Vdcailj thought.

"I better not lose sight of those two," Drltyof was watching them.

It wasn't until they felt a particular presence that they shuddered. Fear and hatred overtook them alike.

Hidden among the elf's clothes, the fairy's aura had been slow to reach them, but they had finally discovered her. Now, they doubted whether to attack her with everything, or flee from there.

"What!?" Drltyof exclaimed.

It hadn't taken its eyes off the other two shadows, so it had clearly seen some arrows piercing one of them, which caused it to dissipate. However, fairies couldn't shoot arrows. It didn't hesitate to fly out of there, and forgot about everything else.

Vdcailj, on the other hand, dashed towards the fairy. Hatred had clouded its judgment. It believed itself capable of facing her alone, though it never had the chance. It didn't even make out clearly what went through it.

"One is running away!" Pikshbxgra exclaimed, and immediately chased after it.

Goldmi tried to stop her, and Maldoa tried to warn her, but the determined fairy didn't stop, she chased after the general. They had killed five of them, and there seemed to be only the one that had fled left.

Maldoa was very surprised. She had never seen or heard of so many together. There was something very important in that cave. So, it was something they had to protect, although it wasn't going to be easy.

While there might no longer be any generals giving orders, the losts were still attacking the place. It was evident that the power emerging from that point was fluctuating, weakening by the minute. Therefore, the drelf didn't wait any longer.

Path of Destruction is a powerful spell that is true to its name. The lynx, who had retreated, was watching that Path as astonished as her sister. A five meter wide line had been etched into the ground in front of them. Its length was about a hundred meters, and nothing had survived in its wake.

She had spent more than three-quarters of her mana for it. Beings up to level 40 hadn't been able to withstand the force of a spell that in the game would have been listed as Supreme.

However, none of them could allow themselves to be carried away by their astonishment. The lynx rushed to finish off those which had only been half hit, and those which were advancing now that their allies were gone. There was still a lot of work to do.

Maldoa was breathing deeply, as the spell, in addition to the mana consumption, was also exhausting. She had also taken a potion to restore mana. Thus, her recovery would go faster, although she couldn't repeat the spell again. She wouldn't be able to gather enough mana for it.

On her side, the elf aimed at where the losts were gathered. Her friend had left some unscathed, lest she destroy what was behind her target, so she began to eliminate those creatures one by one.

Ethereal or normal arrows with Purifying Touch were fired one after another, and it didn't take long for their targets to start to disappear. Soon, the place was cleared.

"It's a cave! That's a protective shield! There're people inside!" exclaimed the drelf.

She was observing the situation, deciding what was the best use she could make of her power. She had no other such destructive area spells, at least not without the help of nature. Besides, she was amazed at the potency of her previous spell. Perhaps the difference wasn't great, but she knew herself well enough to notice. However, she was unable to understand why.

While she had already had that feeling for the past few days, the drelf had put it down. Her level had been forced to be far below the real one, so her perception of herself was somewhat distorted. However, now she was showing her real level.

It had started shortly after meeting Goldmi, so she suspected it had something to do with her. Anyway, this wasn't the time to inquire about it. For now, she decided to conserve mana until it was essential.

Another fell. And then another. Soon, the cave entrance and the mana shield that protected was widely visible. Suddenly, the shield disappeared, and purple-skinned beings appeared at the entrance.

"It can't be!" the drelf exclaimed. She couldn't believe what her eyes showed her.

Drltyof fled at full speed, and escaped the archer's grasp. It was impossible to hit a moving target at such a distance, and with blackened branches and trunks in between. Besides, she hadn't yet been able to locate it.

The shadow was terrified at what it had seen, at how one of its own had been killed by arrows, and at the certainty that it hadn't been the only one. And, above all, at the presence of the fairy that was getting closer and closer.

It feared that the fairy could kill them from a distance with arrows. It was something never seen before, but that was the only explanation that its mind could conceive. Only fairies could kill them.

So, it didn't even dare to look back. All its attention was only focused on trying to escape. However, it wasn't fast enough.

"You betrayed your brothers, you betrayed life, you even betrayed yourselves. If that weren't enough, you keep attacking us, you keep trying to destroy what we care for, and don't even create anything in return. Your only purpose is destruction, and we can't allow it," announced a sweet voice, but one that seemed terrifying to it.

Though reticent, the shadow turned its face to meet one who was usually cheerful and smiling, but this time was serious and solemn. From her small hands was coming a light that was the opposite of the shadow.

Panicked, it tried to fight back with darkness, but its essence of death wasn't as powerful as the fairy's life one. And while it could corrode some of that light, it was clearly overwhelmed, so its existence was swallowed up and extinguished in an instant.

Pikshbxgra looked at the now empty space with more sadness than glee. That being had been a spirit in the past, one of them. The fact that she had eliminated it was a victory, but also the memory of what had happened in the past.

The usually carefree fairy turned the way she had come immediately, in case her aunt Omi might need her. She also needed to rest and protect herself. At least, she felt no more of those corrupted presences.