Secret garden (III)

Upon reaching level 20, she had unlocked the Tramontane spell, the name of which denotes the name of a wind, which is precisely what it creates, a strong wind that can slow down and annoy those within its area of ​​effect, which increases by level. She had it at compatibility 4, and its consumption of mana is high, so she couldn't keep it up for even three minutes at her current level.

And the skill had been one whose name had gotten on Eldi's nerves at that time. It was Tarzan, and she would have laughed out loud if being in a different situation. It lets jump from tree to tree, by invoking lianas or branches to propel oneself, and move quickly between them. She had it at 10, not so much for its usefulness but for how much she had enjoyed it in the game. It costs energy for each liana that is called, although not much, unless you want to cross the jungle jumping from tree to tree.

For its part, the lynx had recovered Shred, which consists of extending the length and hardness of her claws momentarily, just enough for the next attack, making them deeper and more lethal.

Over and over, the two sisters followed the same tactic. They opened the Natural Wall, allowed thirty to fifty of those slugs to pass through, and closed it immediately. After that, Goldmi used Arrows Rain to attract her enemies' attention, keeping her distance and attacking with Ethereal Arrow, always making sure to keep up her mana pool.

The lynx was waiting until a line of slugs had formed, to attack the last one with her claws reinforced with Shred and Purifying Touch. She eliminated them one by one, and it was now much faster than before due to having leveled up and, above all, to Shred.

The elf could clearly perceive her sister's feeling of satisfaction as she was sectioning the gelatinous bodies, even pride, but not complacency. At no time had she lost concentration. Perhaps it was her hunting instinct that kept her from distracting herself from her prey. Only when they were done with all of them did she allow herself to gloat.

"This is easier than I thought," she had said while her sister was smiling.

It was the third round they had let in, so they had killed over a hundred of them so far, and they were on the verge of reaching level 21. Even the archer had allowed herself the luxury of fighting the last two at melee, in order to practice with her skills and get familiar with that type of combat.

It seemed natural to her as well as strange, and she felt the need to check how far she could go, while knowing that her weapons were highly effective against her enemies when imbued with Purifying Touch.

Unsheathe caused a deep cut in the gelatinous body. Serpent's Attack was very useful in dodging slow slug attacks, the remains of which were easily repelled by Cyclonic Barrier. In fact, only a few times did she need to heal herself, after having made a mistake or lost her attention for a moment.

Sword Thrust was also very effective, although she was aware that this was only due to the slow movement of the inhabitants of the first floor of the dungeon. She even tried to stab with an Ethereal Arrow with her hands, but the depth it reached was quite less than with the bow.

She also experimented with Camouflage, although these beings were attracted to aura, not by vision, making it far less effective than it could be outside the dungeon.

They were resting, regaining their strength, and Goldmi was complaining about not realizing that she had had to change the mana stone long before, when she felt a fluctuation in her link with the plants that made the Wall. They had absorbed a lot of mana, enough for a long period of time, for which they were dipping into the ground, and entering a long state of lethargy.

"The... barrier... It's opening! I can't rise another one, the surrounding plants aren't responding," the elf was scared.

"It was too easy. At least there are a few less," cursed the lynx, with a serious but not scared attitude.

Immediately, the slugs began to enter in dozens, until they reached a couple of hundred. Soon, Goldmi regained control of herself, retreating and attacking the closest ones, while heading to the opposite end than the feline.

The sisters had separated, and most of the slugs were heading towards the elf, although some were also chasing the feline.

Anyway, this cavern was big, but not enough to avoid so many of them. When there were fifty, they had already pushed the limits of its size.

The lynx, for her part, couldn't attack while they were all together, so she walked away, while waiting for an opportunity, waiting for her enemies to completely separate into two lines, one towards her and the other towards her sister.

When the end of both lines had distanced far enough, as all the slugs had entered the cavern, she ran with all her speed towards the end of those that were chasing the elf. Her speed was enough to dodge the Spittle thrown at her.

She Jumped on the two at the end, and attacked them violently, even at the risk of suffering some injuries. She could bear the pain. The important thing was to reduce the number before her sister was cornered.

Soon, Around thirty of them were wiped out, most by the elf, who was squeezing her mana, since she knew the need to reduce the amount of those slugs, although the situation didn't seem very favorable. She was getting closer to the cavern wall, which would force her to move sideways, and make it harder and harder to get away from them. And she was running out of mana.

In addition, the lynx was being caught up by those who were chasing her, which made it difficult to reduce the numbers of the ones behind.

The only positive news was that they had managed to level up to 21, so their attacks were a little more efficient, and she had unlocked Light Pillar, a very effective area spell against beings vulnerable to light or purification, although her mana reserves barely allowed her to use it one more time. She had it at 10, for the usefulness of that spell when leveling up against beings belonging to the darkness.

And she had also recovered Sonic Vibration, which consists of vibrating an arrow, and producing a squeaking and stinging sound in its path that the lynx hated, and that had no effect on their current enemies. She had it at 3, since she had rarely needed it.