Reunion (II)

"Seriously, are they going to stand there?" Elenksia complained again.

"Ha, ha. Leave them be. They seem to be fun. They're in their world," Maldoa laughed.

So it was. Although with their cheeks still somewhat flushed, they seemed to be able to speak with a certain naturalness.

On her side, the lynx seemed to have lost interest, and she simply dozed next to them, while the goshawk was flying over the area, surveying the surroundings. Nonetheless, they could both sense their sister's feelings, so they felt happy for her.

"That time, in the cave, what you did with the arrows was really beautiful. Everything suddenly lit up, and reflected in the lake. I'd have liked to stop time with..." the elf male recalled, though he didn't finish the sentence.

"I... Well... You remember that too..." the elf female felt overwhelmed. "But it was your idea. You wanted to see it."

"And it was worth it," he smiled, thus causing her to hold her breath for a few moments. "You're amazing."

"Without your help I'd never have found it. You really are good at interpreting signs," she praised and smiled at him. This time, he was the one who had to hold his breath.

"I... Well... I've always been interested. Tell me, how come you're here? How did you know I lived here?" he asked and changed the subject.

"This... I came to... With a friend... I asked about you, and an elf named Elenksia told me that you lived here. She even has accompanied us..." she answered, while not daring to tell him that she had come there for him.

"Elenksia!?" he paled. "Did she tell you something...?"

"No, why? Is there something wrong? I think I've seen her before, but I'm not sure. Is she...?" Goldmi worried. For a moment, she feared that the red-haired elf was his wife, his lover, his girlfriend.

"Well... She's my sister... I'm sure she'll be asking and pestering me for days," he sighed.

"Ha, ha" she laughed, relieved.

"I wouldn't be surprised if... Look, there she is, watching us," he bothered and blushed at the same time.

Goldmi turned, and found that there wasn't only the elf, but her friend too. She blushed too.

"Damn, they've seen us. The fun is over. Let's take a walk," Elenksia shrugged.

"It's a pity. It was getting interesting," Maldoa scoffed.

They both said their goodbyes happily, waved their hands and left, before the embarrassed gaze of the two elves.

"That... Do you want to come in? I'm sorry... I've kept you at the door all the time," the elf finally reacted.

"If it's not a nuisance..." Goldmi agreed.

He led her to the couch, and brought out a herbal drink similar to iced tea which was very refreshing. Then, he sat down next to her, though not too close, as much as he wanted to.

Once again, an annoying silence ensued between them. Now, they were alone inside the house, just inches away from each other, and they felt shy again. Goldmi took a couple of sips, so buying time. She didn't know how to say it, how to deal with her feelings. Nonetheless, she first had to make sure of something.

"Isn't it a problem that I'm here? Are you married?" she asked.

"Of course not! I'm not married, there's no one either!" he hastened to clarify. "What about you?"

Goldmi sighed. It was a painful memory, but she didn't want to lie to him. She didn't know if that could be a problem in the elven society.

"There is no one now. I was married. In my world. It didn't go well. It turned out that he wasn't the person I thought he was, the person who he had made me believe. Luckily, we got divorced," she confessed.

Almost without noticing it, he approached and took her hand. Softly. The sadness in her words had made him want to comfort her.

"He really must be stupid. To let go someone like you..." he expressed what came from his heart without time to reflect.

They both stared for a moment. They blushed again. She pulled her hand away, nervously.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..." he apologized.

"It's... It's okay... It's okay..." she answered without daring to look at him.

Again, a few moments of awkward silence. This time, he was the one who broke it, but his tone was sad. After seeing her there, after having her so close to him, he had forgotten about everything else. Now, he had remembered it again.

"I wish I was worthy of trying to be by your side," he said, in a self-deprecating tone.

"I don't understand. What do you mean?" she was surprised, totally puzzled.

"You know what happened. You saved me, but my blood had already been half corrupted. There's no cure. I'll never be again who I was. I doubt that anyone who knows it would want to approach me," he pitied himself.

"That's not true!" she categorically denied.

"Of course it's. I don't blame you. It's normal not wanting to touch me," he continued.

"It wasn't for that! It's just that...!" she tried to explain, but didn't dare to say it.

"You don't have to apologize. I get it. I appreciate that, despite this, you have come to..." he continued pitying himself, but was abruptly interrupted.

Unable to bear it, unable to see him like that, she silenced him with a kiss on her lips. Without thinking. On impulse.

For a moment, there was nothing but the softness of their lips, the fragrance of the other, while being united in a long kiss.

They slowly parted. They were both staring at each other, with ragged breathing. She didn't quite believe what she had done. He was still surprised by his first kiss, that she had kissed him.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have done it without permission," she apologized, embarrassed and looking down.

Elendnas stared at her a little longer. He still not quite believed it, while touching his lips with his fingers. He looked at her in disbelief. It took him a few seconds to react, while she was looking at him nervously, sideways. Goldmi was unable to understand how she had acted so impulsively. She was afraid he would be angry, that he would reject her.

Finally, he smiled, without stopping staring at her, without ceasing to lose himself in her blue eyes, or on the pink lips that had just kissed him. Their touch seemed to still linger on his.

"Then, as compensation, should I kiss you?" he said half joking, half surprised that he had the courage to speak those words.

For an instant, Goldmi looked at him incredulously, an instant in which he feared he had overstepped. He was about to say it was a joke, but her shy smile stopped him.

"I... I guess it'd be fair," she agreed, approached again, and waited for him to take the initiative.

The elf gulped at the closeness of what until now had been an impossible love. He could feel her breathing. Her soft hand that was resting on his leg. The beat of his own heart. Her seductive body so close to his.

Somewhat awkwardly, he brought his lips close to hers and kissed her fearfully. He hardly dared to touch her, and didn't dare to bring them together for more than a few seconds.

"Sorry. I... I'm not very good at this," he apologized, embarrassed.

Goldmi couldn't help but smile, since she now knew that her feelings were reciprocated. With a boldness that she didn't know she possessed, she leaned closer to him and pressed her body against his. Their faces were barely inches away.

"Then, we'll need to practice," she proposed seductively.

He didn't have time to reply. He didn't resist either when his lips were again sealed by the lips of his beloved.