Dungeon third floor

"Spiders, why there are always spiders on some of the floors?" Goldmi complained.

She was extremely scared of them. Or rather, she had been. Somehow, now she just hated them, couldn't bear them, but was no longer afraid of them. Perhaps because she had appeared in that world, or perhaps because of what she had lived since then.

An arrow with Void pierced the tunnel, while taking the spiderweb with it, thus it made easier the actions of her sister, who wanted to face those eight-legged level 22 monsters.

It is true that the feline had faced many different beings when she was accompanying her sister while in the game, but now it was different. Back then, she was bound by a contract that protected her, but limited her actions, and that often took her to an unreal world created by the shadows of the real. Now, she could act with complete freedom, although her life was always at risk. Perhaps because of this, she found it more exciting.

Meanwhile, the archer tried arrows and skills, looking for the best combination. Rough Arrow was efficient against the legs. Normal arrows pierced into the body, even deeper with Piercing Arrow. Purifying Touch and Ethereal Arrow increased the damage, but not enough to make it worth consuming so much mana, while Wind Arrow was the most effective.

Thus, the combination of Wind and Piercing Arrow was the better, but using normal arrows was good enough, and wasted no mana. For her part, the extra damage from Purifying Touch, although not awesome, was helpful for the lynx. She missed the fire, or the blessings that one of her sister's companions once could grant her.

The biggest problem was spiderwebs, into which the feline fell over and over again, something that her sister took advantage of to mock her a little, since she didn't usually have that opportunity.

However, knowing that the spider was nearby was enough to take precautions, and shoot an arrow with Void to get rid of the spiderweb once it was located, either because it had caught the lamp or the feline. Luckily, those webs disappeared when their owner did.

" Twenty-five."

"Do you have to count every time I get caught up in one of those things?" the lynx growled.

One of her legs was trapped in the web, and she was drawing back to try to free it.

"I don't know who said it was too easy..." laughed her sister.

"Grrrrrrr."

An arrow nailed in front of her and dismantled the structure created from mana threads, instead of the usual silk in the real ones, and which made it more vulnerable to suction power.

It wasn't long before the spider's body appeared, after being alerted by the movement of its web, and which was aggressively attacked by the lynx, who was venting her irritation on the mana being. Then, she turned and looked at her sister for a moment, before turning proudly again, like offended.

"Hahaha. Sorry, ha, ha ... Sorry, ha, ha. Later I'll cook you some of those pastries that you like," the elf half-apologized, unable to stop laughing.

"Hmm, I suppose I can forgive you," her sister replied reluctantly, although she wasn't really angry at her.

What really bothered her was getting tangled over and over with that gooey substance that embedded itself in her fur. And Cyclonic Barrier even made things worse. Admittedly, it destroyed the cobweb, but it also caused the remains to spread throughout her body, so she had to endure the unpleasant sticky substance until they killed the spider.

That night, it was funny to see the lynx in front of a huge plate of pastries, picking them up one by one. She was piercing with a claw and bringing one to her mouth, savoring it, while her sister was looking at her with a smile, and also taking one from time to time.

They had killed a dozen of those spiders, but they weren't easy to find. They were widely scattered, so they feared that, as in the case of slugs, there might be a large concentration of them somewhere, perhaps alongside the floor boss.

They were also concerned with what the corrupted beings that were waiting outside were doing, if they had somehow managed to enter, but that was something they couldn't control. Furthermore, they were now able to deal with most of them, especially within those tunnels, although, if they were many, it would be very dangerous. Better for them if they couldn't get in.

Just in case, she was using Alarm whenever she found any fungus, because she wanted to know if something was coming, and more if there were many of them. Unfortunately, she could only count on a few mushrooms, as she had found no plants in the dungeon again. Without a doubt, that kind of garden on the first floor was a magical place, and an exception.

They continued one more day exploring the dungeon, and killing fifty of those spiders. They had to wait the next day, mid-morning, to Detect numerous traces, one of them considerably stronger than the rest.

"There must be the boss spider. There are many of them," warned the elf.

"I think I'll have to take a look. We should be able to fallback if they attack us, ride me if that happens," her sister replied.

Goldmi nodded. They had talked about it before. When facing a horde like the slugs one, their priority was to get to the rest area, use it as a base of operations, and then gradually destroy them.

They reached the entrance, without traces of other beings around, only in the cavern that seemed to be in front of them, and whose entrance was covered with cobwebs. They were so dense, that they could be seen clearly.

She summoned a Twister and allowed it to slowly make its way, even getting rid of even a spider it encountered. Four of them appeared at the entrance, and were immediately attacked by arrows. Only one managed to get outside, and the lynx took care of it.

Meanwhile, the Twister continued to advance and clean the entrance area, and it was dissolved after a minute, since she couldn't afford to spend too much mana.

"They aren't moving. Neither has anyone come from outside," she reported after a new Life Detection.

"Shall we go in and look closer?" asked the lynx, more indecisive than usual.

She knew that so many cobwebs together were dangerous to her, as they could restrict her movement. If that happened, she would be very vulnerable.