Buried (I)

At that moment, instead of shooting, the elf had placed her hands on the wall. She could feel through it the enormous roots that reached the place, to which she called through Tangle.

She knew that it would be very difficult for the most robust and strong parts to reach her enemies, so what she wanted was something much more dangerous. It was a last resort for a desperate situation from which she saw no other way out.

When the bounty hunters escaped from the Traps, they didn't advance towards the elf. Instead, they stared astonished at the ceiling, where earth and rock were beginning to break away, and where numerous cracks could be seen.

The movement of the roots towards them was causing the ground to move at the same time, and dragging tons of dirt and rock. They tried to escape, but that whole tunnel was crumbling on them.

Nor was the elf in a good situation. Although the roots were directed towards her enemies, the entire terrain was being affected, so sinking into the tunnel that had held on for hundreds of years. Although Cyclonic Barrier protected her from the first landslides, it was impossible for it to keep doing so when the entire roof would fall on her.

With no time to waste, she used Tangle and Vegetable Home on the blocked part of the tunnel, in which she could also feel the presence of roots. They hadn't spread through the void of the tunnel, since there were no nutrients there, but they had through the earth that blocked the exit.

She barely had time to get into the small hole that the roots managed to open, and that protected her from landslide. She could tell the death of her bounty hunters from the massive flow of experience. They were at 71 and 73, which was 16 and 18 levels higher than her. So, they had leveled up to 64, almost 65.

That made the goshawk, who was being chased by a level 61 hawk which possessed razor-sharp metal feathers it could throw, turn to get rid of it. It didn't have a chance in the face of the unexpected attack from the one who was supposed to be much weaker, and whose aura had suddenly intensified.

However, that didn't solve the elf's problem. Although safe from the landslide, she was trapped in a small shelter, surrounded by tons of dirt, and with hardly any air.

To make it worse, her sister was hidden In the shadows, but it wasn't something she could do forever. Sooner or later, she would have to get out of there, as soon as the lynx ran out of mana.

Quickly, she began to review her unlocked skills and spells, in case there was something that could help her in that situation.

At 56, she had recovered the Wind Blast spell, a sudden gust of wind that cuts through those around her. It wasn't very useful for her in the game, so she had it at 4.

The equivalent of light, Light Blast, was the next one. Apart from purifying, it could instantly dazzle those around her, unlike Sun, which was slower and more constant. She had it at 6, as it was useful at times to blind enemies and escape a few meters, although she had to be careful not to anger Gjaki or Eldi. If it weren't for the situation she was in, she would have been embarrassed, and would have laughed at those memories.

At 58, there was Implosion, which could be considered the opposite of Wind Push. It compresses the surrounding air, and suddenly creates a vacuum that draws everything close to the caster. Few players had found any use for other than surprising opponents in player-versus-player combat. It was at 2.

Camouflage IV, at 59, allowed her to hide her aura, something that would have come in handy a few days ago, but was useless at the time. She had it at 5, since its use was quite specific. She had only found enemies from whom she needed to hide her aura in a few of the espionage missions.

Mana Loan, at 60, was a spell that allowed her to borrow mana from nature, thus refilling all her pool in just a few seconds. However, this mana must be returned, so it completely nullifies all mana regeneration until it is done. Also, it can't be used more than once a day in the same area. She had it at 10 from the game, as Gjaki had insisted that it could be decisive at specific moments, and it had been so more than once. 5% less could be absorbed for each missing affinity point.

At 61, Doze, a spell that combines nature and wind to create an atmosphere that invites you to sleep.

At 62, there was Hollow Abyss, a cheap and quick trap. When activated, air is squeezed and a vacuum is created, thus sucking in enemies and knocking them over. It doesn't do much damage, but it can stop a run or simply distract, and it's low cost. She had it a 10, because, by placing it around her, she avoided surprises at a very low cost.

Crazy Arrow, at 63, wasn't a particularly useful spell, but it was fun, so she had it at 8. It consists of shooting an arrow that, instead of hitting its target, surrounds it, moves away and returns to it. It does it over and over again, unless the caster decides to dismiss it or try to hit the target. In one-on-one battles, it was useful to confuse or annoy the opponent.

At 64, she unlocked the overpowered spell called Chaotic Rain. By spending all the mana, the battlefield is flooded with thousands of magic arrows, which, although they don't do damage, are capable of interrupting any spell. Even higher-level enemies can't counteract it, as the number of arrows is excessive. However, it drains the caster's mana, who can use it for a maximum of half a minute before running out of mana. It is possible to stop it, and thus conserve the remaining mana. She hadn't had many opportunities to use it, but under the right conditions, it could be a terrible weapon in group battles. It reaches two hundred meters at level 10, only one hundred and forty at 4, where it was.

Nonetheless, the truth was that none of the spells seemed to help her in her difficult situation.