Lynx sister

The elf listened excitedly to her sister's explanation. Someone had accompanied her there, so that she could hibernate and wait for Goldmi's return. She didn't know what to say before the loyalty and love of the feline, on whom she was lying and caressing affectionately.

"And who brought you here?" she asked curiously.

The lynx looked into the elf's blue eyes with her yellow eyes before replying.

"I can't answer that, even for you. I made a promise, and I can't break it."

"I... see," Goldmi accepted, hesitantly.

She really wanted to know, but before the solemnity that she had perceived through their bond, Goldmi refrained from insisting. She knew that her sister was incapable of lying or breaking her word. How she knew it so deeply was a mystery, but it was a security that arose from the depths of her soul.

The lynx was level 1. In order to fall asleep, and wrap herself in the aura that protected her from dangers and the passage of time, she had had to sacrifice her power, so she needed to start from scratch. But despite this, her body was strong, more than other level 1 animals would be. And intelligent.

"I'm going to prepare something for breakfast," said the elf, getting up.

Then, she felt the feline's most intense gaze, along with an impossible to hide desire

"Do you want me to prepare something for you?" she asked.

"Well... I... Whenever you did it, it seemed so delicious... But I could never taste it... I knew it was impossible for you to give it to me or to know it, but..."

Goldmi had mixed feelings. On the one hand, she felt a little sorry for her sister, who was looking away, somewhat embarrassed. On the other hand, she felt guilty of not having prepared anything for her in the past, as much as it was impossible then. And, on the other, she could hardly bear the urge to laugh. And of course, all those feelings were being perceived by her sister, and they both knew it.

"Let's see..., how about woolly boar meat? I have a lot saved"

"Great!"

At that moment, and faced with the attitude of the feline, who had raised her head suddenly and opened her eyes wide, the elf couldn't resist any longer and burst out laughing.

"I am sorry. Haha. I'm sorry," she apologized to her sister's offended look, and while the kitchen appeared.

Although the lynx turned her back, offended, she was also having a hard time not salivating at the smell of roast meat. Soon, she couldn't help but turn and stare at a fairy roasting the food, completely forgetting about being offended. She wasn't surprised, however, by the presence of fairies, or the kitchen in operation, as it was something she had seen in the past.

A small fairy served her meat on a huge plate, while another was roasting more, and another kept the leftover in Goldmi's inventory. And, while the feline was devouring the meat as if she hadn't eaten in years, which was true, her sister had sat next to her, and was chewing on some freshly made salty buns, slightly crispy on the outside and deliciously soft on the inside. They were filled with surprisingly tender meat, seasoned with a tasty sauce and various vegetables.

In addition to the buns, she was drinking a fruit juice made from the mixture of several of them, a kind of honey and something similar to cinnamon. When the feline looked curiously at the liquid, the elf smiled, and one of the little fairies brought some for her to try, causing the feline to end up licking the container, and her sister laughing out loud, before ordering more to be brought to her.

The lynx looked at her for a moment, as if deciding whether to feel offended again. Instead, she nuzzled her. The feline didn't cry just because this isn't how her species expresses its deepest feelings. But Goldmi did, as sharing those feelings, and hugged her again.

"I didn't know, I never knew what it was, but now I know I've missed you a lot," the elf confessed.

"You don't know how many times I wanted you to hug me like now. I'm so glad that you're back..." declared her sister.

There had always been a bond between them, but it was the first time that they were both aware of it, and that they could fully express their feelings. They were sisters, not of blood, but of soul. They didn't share their origins but their fate.

"Isn't it dangerous?" Goldmi was worried.

"My level is low right now, but I'm agile enough. And if I stay here, I won't be able to regain my power and fight alongside you. That would be worse than death," asserted the lynx.

Although uneasy, she had no choice but to accept it. They couldn't stay there forever, and she couldn't deny her sister's resolve either. Goldmi vowed to herself that she wouldn't allow anything to happen to her, at the same time that the feline made the same oath in regard to her sister.

The two of them came out of the barrier protection before casting Life Detection, which next to the spring detected only the feline and traces of the plants inside. Obviously, it couldn't get through that kind of invisible membrane.

Out there, traces of the forest plants appeared, and other faint ones of small animals or insects, but nothing that could be dangerous. So, they headed towards the next point on the road, the beginner's village that was the first hub for newbies, as those newbies used to stay there for a few levels. It had all the necessary services, and direct access to various appropriate areas for leveling. And, most importantly, it was one of the points that still appeared on her map.

What worried her the most was how to get there without endangering them. Only the brief journey between leaving the beginner's area and the spring had shown her how dangerous that jungle was, and now the journey was considerably longer. Also, her sister was with her, and she couldn't allow anything to happen to her.

However, there was nothing she could do to prevent it. Waiting at the spring for someone to appear, or until they ran out of food, wasn't an option. As the lynx had been told before she had fallen asleep there, it was a forgotten place.

Therefore, they entered the jungle, hoping to avoid their dangers, or to be able to face them.