We'll see each other again

Goldmi felt a little lonely seeing them go. She had spent several days with them, a lot of time with Menxilya and the other children. She had gotten used to them, to the inexhaustible joy and energy of the children, which had burst as soon as they were given the opportunity.

However, she couldn't do more than accept it. It was believed that all of them had disappeared, that they had been engulfed by the corruption. They resided in its epicenter, so their appearance had been a huge surprise to everyone.

Apparently, they had some answers about the birth of that evil, and perhaps how to deal with it, but they were also harassed by its forces. So, they had to be protected inside the jungle, in a secluded place, out of reach of their enemies, in a place where it weren't easy to find them.

She wondered if she would see them again, a doubt the girl didn't seem to share.

"We'll see each other again," the purple girl had said goodbye to her, with a certainty that wasn't befitting her age.

"There's something special about her," the lynx had commented.

The perception of animals is different, so she could see that Menxilya wasn't like the others. While she couldn't explain it, she had complete assurance that she was different.

The elf also had that feeling, although it was weaker. The drelf said nothing about it, but she could clearly perceive it. Pikshbxgra, for her part, didn't mention anything either. While she could see it clearly, she didn't find it strange.

The draconians weren't there long either, just as long as they had to, since they couldn't wait to get home. Only the Drako observed the elf suspiciously, and even more since one of the higher-up had arrived.

He was a seemingly harmless leprechaun, whose height was half the draconian, but whose power was comparable. He had greeted the elf with enormous curiosity and respect, and had spoken with her while protected by a barrier that avoided being spied on.

They hadn't talked for long, just to satisfy the leprechaun's curiosity about the visitor who was a friend of fairies, and who could kill generals. And while it is true that, like others, he had some doubts at first, the presence of a fairy had dispelled them all.

The leprechaun had taken charge of the situation. He managed the transfer of the Northern Guardians to a safe area, without anyone knowing what he had spoken to them. But whatever it was, it didn't seem like he was forcing them. Rather, they looked much more relaxed, although the tiredness and sadness hadn't completely disappeared from their faces.

They said goodbye to the elf, the drelf, and the lynx with much appreciation and some familiarity. In the days that they had been with them, they had been kind and close, and the children adored them. It was difficult to say which of the three was their favorite.

When they returned to the fort, they had to say goodbye to the group they had been with those days. After leveling up to 41, they had to advance to the next area. So, Goldmi had to give up knowing if Tire would manage to seduce the manager of the fort.

At 38, she had recovered the Oasis spell. It creates an area of harmony with nature, in which to rest and regain strength. The recovery of mana and energy is increased inside it, since the forces of nature not only increase concentration but also make them more pure. These forces can even, little by little, heal wounds, so it is useful for superficial ones, but deeper ones are better treated directly.

It is especially useful in groups, and more the more numerous. Its affinity was 6, and it was usual its use to recover the energy of the group in the game.

At level 39, there was Wind Ring, which creates a circular area of strong wind with slashing damage around the caster. It was very useful to protect the archer from lesser enemies summoned by the most powerful ones, whom she was attacking at range. Her affinity was at 8.

At level 40, she had recovered a spell similar to the previous one, Light Ring, which is useful against enemies of darkness, such as skeletons or vampires. Since they weren't very common, its affinity shouldn't be very high, but the light it provided was sometimes used simply for decoration, so it was at 7.

Next was Support Wind, which uses the power of the wind to keep its summoner standing, no matter how much the ground shakes, she is being pushed or if she stumbles. She had it at affinity 8. According to Gjaki, it was because the elf was a bit clumsy.

Regarding skills, Slow Arrow was the first of them, a skill that seems to go against common sense. As the name suggests, it is an arrow that travels much slower than the others, four times slower, despite which it is capable of covering the same distance, and contains enormous power. It can penetrate extremely resistant leather or armor, if the arrow is hard enough.

If it were an adamantite's arrow, like the best Eldi had made for her, it might even be able to pierce dragons. She had it at affinity 6.

At level 39, there was Ring of Thorns, which invokes around a ring of plants. It is capable of restraining and stabbing whoever wants to cross it, thus it inflicts piercing damage. It was at 8, and it has the same problem as other similar skills. The spell couldn't be cast in areas without plants, such as the Lost Forest.

Suction Cups, at level 40, allows oneself to be attached to a wall or trunk, so it is possible to shoot from there, or simply admire the landscape. She had it at affinity 10, as it was extremely useful for attacking enemies while she was stuck to a stone wall, so the majority of the enemy's subordinates couldn't reach her. Although there weren't always walls at hand. Also, there could be subordinates which could take advantage of the fact that she was an easy target on a wall.

Finally, at level 41, there was what was considered the most useless skill in the game for her class, since no one had managed to find use for Smell Link, which allowed her to share the smell sense with her sister. Now, she couldn't find any use either. She had it in affinity 2.

Finally, her sister, at level 40, had obtained what proved that she wasn't a normal feline, but that she belonged to a race of elemental lynx with an affinity for fire.

When she activated Lineage of Flame, she could master said element, even wrapping herself in fire without harm, though the same couldn't be said for her enemies. The biggest downside was that it wasn't suitable for hunting, as the prey could end up too toasted.