A special thread

Craters and other land breaks showed that a battle had taken place there. However, the vanquished were missing, since their remains had disappeared without a trace, and their souls freed.

The Drako watched as his men treated the purple beings, and glanced at the elf. He hadn't noticed in the heat of the battle, but he had when it ended. There was mystery in her.

On the one hand, her level was normal in that area, but she was the only one who had come with that level.

On the other hand, there was the unmistakable gesture from the drelf, which had warned him that this elf wasn't just an adventurer. That it was better if he didn't behave with his usual tactlessness and even arrogance.

Besides, there was the presence of a fairy next to her. It was something as surprising as it was unheard of.

Not to forget the fact that Maldoa had spoken of the presence of several generals, and that they had been exterminated. True, a fairy was capable, but dealing with more than one in enemy territory was too difficult. However, nothing seemed to indicate the presence of more fairies, or that any had fallen in combat.

The fact that the drelf had resorted to "confidential information" not to explain further, made it even more mysterious. He couldn't help but be curious, but he wasn't stupid enough to demand the information. Not anymore.

For now, they were vigilant and waiting. They had sent the signal that the problem was solved, and a more unusual and subtle one. They had called for a higher-up to come.

The draconians made sure that nothing else came near, be it some lonely corrupted beast, or some adventurers who had decided to come to their aid.

Meanwhile, Goldmi was sitting on a stone, resting with her sister and Maldoa.

"I have the feeling that my magic is a little different. Do you know why it may be?" the drelf asked her friend.

"I guess it's because of the food," she replied without giving much thought. She was relaxing by petting the lynx's soft fur.

"Food...?"

"It has some bonuses, although minor. I guess you are used to more powerful ones."

"Bonuses!!?"

"Yes..." the elf answered confused. "It was perfectly normal in the game."

"Can you make food with bonuses!?"

"Yes. Can't everybody do it?", she looked at her friend confused.

"I don't know why I'm surprised anymore," the drelf sighed. "Only expert cooks can, and only with special magical kitchens. You can't find them everywhere, and transporting food has is expensive. Wait... Don't tell me that the portable kitchen is...

"Yes, it's magic... Is it that rare?"

"Rare!? They don't exist!"

Goldmi stared at her somewhat puzzled. In the game, they were a bit expensive, but far from exceptional. Of course, only for players.

"I didn't know it. I thought it was normal," she shrugged.

Maldoa sighed again, after which she allowed herself to smile.

"On top of that, you can store it. Well, I guess I can only take advantage of it. Wouldn't you give me some of those green cakes...?"

Only the imposing presence of the draconians prevented Goldmi from laughing out loud. It wasn't just for her friend attitude, but, at the mention of the cakes, her sister had raised her head and stared at her with her ears pricked and her eyes wide open. She had even started to salivate.

"Yes, yes, just a moment..."

She took out four for each one, that is, twelve. They were as tender as freshly made, and filled with a delicious fruit cream.

"This gives 3% mana regeneration for twelve hours," she reported.

The drelf nearly choked, as she looked at them with sudden respect. Although it didn't last long. They were too sweet and fluffy.

A man approached them. He had two horns about twenty centimeters long that protruded from his forehead, upward and slightly curved, slightly outward and about two centimeters from each other. They were purple, like his body, and like the girl he was holding by the hand, although her color was a little lighter. She also had horns, but barely a centimeter long.

"Is it her?" asked the man.

"Yes," said the girl, while looking at Goldmi. "But it is still too soon."

The elf and the drelf looked at them, without understanding anything. Meanwhile, the lynx watched askance, restless. That man was very powerful. If he tried something, she feared that she wouldn't be able to defend her sister.

"I'm Menxolor. She is my daughter, Menxilya. Thank you very much, on my behalf and on behalf of our people. You have saved us."

"We only did what we could. It was they who did the job," the elf denied.

"Without you, they wouldn't have arrived, we wouldn't have had the chance," the man continued thanking them.

"I love your hair! Can you teach me to make a braid like that?" interrupted the girl.

"Menxilya..." the man tried to reproach her, but someone called him. They needed him there. "Thanks once again. We must go."

"Can I stay? Just a little!" insisted the girl.

Her father would have refused if she were a normal girl. But she wasn't. Besides, she had recognized that elf, although not even the girl knew what it meant. So, he looked at Goldmi, undecided.

"She doesn't bother us. We'll try to make a braid," assured the elf.

The girl looked at him pleadingly, and he was unable to refuse. Not only because of who she was, but because he was unable to say no to his daughter. Especially, when they'd been on the run for years. She hadn't had the chance to be a bit spoiled little girl for a long time.

"Do you want one?" the elf offered the girl one of her cakes.

She nodded enthusiastically, and ended up devouring several of them. It was the most delicious meal she had eaten in a long time.

Meanwhile, Goldmi wondered how to make the braid. She didn't expect for her assistant to come out to fulfill her wish. Apparently, it couldn't only do it to her.

"Can she do that?" Maldoa asked with her mouth open.

"I thought she could only comb mine," she replied. Then she smiled a little mischievous. "Do you want too...?"

"I didn't mean that...!" she exclaimed.

"So, you don't want to?"

"Well, I guess it's okay to try," the drelf replied, somewhat embarrassed.

When Menxolor returned, he smiled warmly when he saw that not only did her daughter have a braid like the elf, but the drelf had a matching one. Menxilya was lying on the lynx and laughing, with the innocence of a child. She was still one, despite that, at her age, she would have been an adult if she were human.

It was impossible for him to know that the thread that ran through the long braid wasn't just a simple one. Goldmi had obtained it in the game, with the promise that she would use it when she felt it.

That had surprised her at that time, although she had simply believed that, on some mission, they would warn her of it. In the end, she had completely forgotten about it until then, at which point she did what she had promised. So, the elf let the braid be held by a nerve from a Yggdrasil leaf.