Bodyguards (III)

The warrior was mad. Despite his supposed physical superiority, he was unable to catch the elf, let alone the feline or the goshawk. She was incredibly fast, plus the plants were working in her favor.

Tangle could catch or trip him if he wasn't careful. In turn, Naughty Branches caused him to continually have to fight them, while they kept out of the way of his prey.

To make matters worse, she was sometimes able to leap from tree to tree with the help of lianas, with an agility and precision that left him dumbfounded. He couldn't imagine that this was also a skill called Tarzan. Who was going to learn such a thing?

Many times, between liana and liana, she stopped to shoot powerful Wind Arrows, in groups of three fairly in a row. It was impossible to avoid them all, not only because of their speed, but because their trajectory varied along the way. Also, for some reason, they seemed a bit stronger now. They were sinking half a centimeter deeper.

He also knew that the two animals were lurking, waiting for an opportunity, and that he was getting weaker. Not only did he have numerous injuries, but he was using all of his energies to pursue her.

He decided to stop behind a tree in order to drink a potion to recover from his injuries.

"Potion," the goshawk warned, while sharing her vision with her sister.

Of the six normal swift arrows, with Accelerate and Curved Shot, two managed to make their way through the tangle of trees, and hit the container, to the warrior's surprise.

"Damn. How did she hit it? How could she see me?" he cursed, stunned.

He then tried to take the energy one, while protecting it with his hands, even risking being hurt. However, Goldmi had been watching him, and had shot three arrows to form a Wind Trap around him. The damage it did to him wasn't much, and it didn't take him long to get rid of it, but the potion was shattered.

"Shit!" he exclaimed, enraged.

He was seriously considering running away from that impossible battle, where his offensive skills were useless as he couldn't reach his enemies. Even with the difference in level, he was slowly being defeated.

Suddenly, several arrows hit him. He had made the mistake of standing still behind the tree, so giving the archer time to use Billiards with various Wind Arrows. They bounced off the tree trunks, so giving him no time to react, as they did it one last time off different nearby trees.

By investing enough mana, Goldmi had formed a kind of spider web, where the arrows bounced in front of the warrior, thus preventing him from moving if he didn't want to be pierced, although they ended up aiming at him. There were some thirty Wind Arrows, which, along with Billiards, meant spending much of the mana she had recovered while running away.

In just an instant, the warrior decided to flee from there, by crossing the sea of ​​arrows. However, although he hadn't wavered for more than a moment, said moment was enough for several roots to catch him. Some of that roots had already risen behind the tree previously, and ended up tying him to the tree, so capturing his legs and arms.

He was helpless when the arrows hit him, mostly in his face and arms. Thus, his legs were out of the line of fire, which was used by the lynx to attack. She bit and Shredded the areas where the armor was most battered.

The prince's bodyguard regretted at that moment having tried to capture the elf, and cursed his lord in turn. He gathered all of his energy to free his arms, because with these tied he couldn't use any skills. In fact, he didn't have many at his disposal without his axe, which had totally disappeared, like the weapons of the deceased companions. While running, Goldmi had passed through the area where her sister had hidden them, and had collected all the weapons, thus preventing them from being found.

The lynx backed away to dodge a Left Uppercut, one of the few skills he could still use. Meanwhile, the goshawk was watching him from a nearby tree.

He was covered in blood and wounds. There were also many arrows stuck that hadn't yet disappeared, and that continued to cut him with the power of the wind. Also, he couldn't walk, as he had a shattered leg. It was only a matter of time before they finished him off, though it was dangerous if they got close. Besides, the elf didn't have much mana left.

It was then that, suddenly, a level 50 wolf appeared, half the size of the lynx. Its fur was brown and black, and it had only one eye. It was what was called a Cyclops wolf, a predator whose greatest danger wasn't in its abilities, but in the fact that it didn't hunt alone.

Soon, another one appeared, and another, and another. In no time, there were more than twenty, which approached the badly wounded man. Some snarled at the lynx with hostility, as claiming for themselves the prey.

She simply turned around, and went towards her sister, They left that place, while the wolves were harassing the warrior, attacking from all angles, but without jumping on him.

They were tiring him out, waiting for the injured prey to use up all of his energy. They weren't in a hurry, as he was surrounded. Despite the difference in level, their number and his condition made his escape impossible.

Thus, elf and lynx left with caution, as Basic Healing cured the blows and wounds of the latter. Meanwhile, a white bird were watching the outcome, so making sure nothing unexpected happened.

When they had gotten far enough away, she summoned a Vegetable Home to regain strength and eat a meal, at which point the goshawk informed them that the last of the bodyguards had died. The increase in experience confirmed it.

"You can wait for us to come out. We are eating some cream cakes made by our elf sister," the lynx provoked her.

"Food made by our sister!? Like the one we could never taste!?" asked the albino goshawk, incredulous.

"That one. It's delicious. I haven't eaten anything else for months," the feline continued to gloat.

"I'm coming!"

It didn't take more than a few seconds for her to appear right above their hiding place, which the elf had to open for her to enter. She wasn't quite sure that a bird could tolerate such food, or that she could eat too much.

However, Goldmi soon found out how wrong she was, as the bird devoured her sixth cupcake. It was the third filled with chocolate, not to mention the previous burgers.