Third floor's boss

The lamp entered in front of them, following the orders of its owner. Above it, the cobwebs that Twister hadn't reached could be seen. They looked at them suspiciously, because they could imagine what was hidden behind.

The archer began to shoot arrows with Void at the nearby areas, destroying the webs that were blocking them, at the same time that she was checking that the surrounding situation didn't change. They didn't want to be surrounded again.

Some spiders got down from the ceiling as they were provoked, some even shot cobwebs that were easily destroyed by Cyclone Barriers.

"Now you know how it feels," the lynx mocked.

"It's sticky..." the elf complained.

They both had several pieces of those cobwebs stuck to their hair, body, or armor. Their only consolation was that they would disappear as soon as the spiders did.

The elf shot the spiders with normal arrows as soon as they were within range. The feline Jumped on them if they got close enough, and there were no cobwebs nearby. The best news was that spiders that weren't provoked remained passive, so they could kill them bit by bit.

They moved forward, while sometimes using Twister, sometimes arrows and Void, and making sure to clear the area and stay away from the floor boss. They could Detect that there were no spiders near it, so they had decided to kill all the others, to avoid problems later.

They had killed more than a couple of hundred of them, while earning less and less experience, as they had risen to level 24, so they were two levels above. With that, she had unlocked Light Arrow, a magical arrow that shines and has purifying power, but not piercing power. It is useful against ethereal beings like ghosts, or gaseous bodies, but it can only inflict superficial damage to corporeal enemies. She had it at 10, as they had faced quite a few spirits in the game.

She had also regained the Serenity skill, which borrows the forces of nature to calm the mind, which allowed her to recover or immunize herself against fear or other factors that may attack her. It was very useful against certain enemies, although they weren't very common in the game, so it was at 7.

The lynx approached the edge of the perimeter where there had previously been cobwebs. As she took the next step, the huge spider, whose legs were about four meters tall, moved and shot cobwebs at her, in an attempt to immobilize her.

She dodged them easily, since it was no more difficult than against the Spittle from the first floor's boss. Meanwhile, and while taking advantage of its distraction, three Wind Arrows pierced at the same time into three of the eight black eyes. Three more followed, but the boss spider shifted and shielded its other eyes, but not its body, which they nailed to.

It then switched targets, aimed at the elf, and threw more cobwebs, and even spitted venom, but a Twister appeared in front of her. It protected her and stopped all attacks, except for those not directly targeting her.

"Another one which doesn't want to let us out!" she exclaimed after seeing the exit blocked by cobwebs.

Meanwhile, the feline took the opportunity to Jump to the spider's flank, gripped on it with her powerful claws, and propelled herself on its back before it could react. Without wasting time, she nailed her claws in again and again.

The spider reacted using Roll. First, it lifted its legs. Next, it let itself fall, and then it wrapped them around its body and began to Roll. But by the time it had fallen, the lynx had already Jumped several meters away from her enemy, and was too fast to be caught by a giant rolling ball.

It stopped when it hit a wall, from which the feline had Jumped at the last moment, so the boss impacted strongly in it and was momentarily shocked. Immediately, Goldmi shot again. She had stopped, to save mana, since, while Rolling, the arrows were much less effective.

They pierced three other eyes, so there were only two of the eight left, which greatly disturbed its vision. Choleric, it turned back into a ball and Rolled toward the archer, but the distance was too great to give her no time to react.

She jumped as high as she could, and cast Float, which allowed the huge ball to pass underneath and pierce five Twisters that she had previously cast, and to which she made to vanish as soon as they fulfilled their mission. Still Floating, she propelled herself with her feet on a stalactite to get away from the place, and then went down gently, while her sister was taking the opportunity to get closer and ride up the spider again, before it could get up.

Confused, the floor boss noticed a presence on it back that was ripping through its body, but before it could react, more Wind Arrows pierced through the two undamaged eyes, and practically blinded her.

It Rolled back on itself, while trying to reach those it couldn't see, but it was very easy for them to stay away and damage her from a distance. To avoid trouble, the lynx had approached her sister. Not only was it no longer necessary for her to catch the spider's attention, but she could quickly take her away if it accidentally rolled in their direction.

The floor boss continued to revolve, by using Roll or Crush. It tried to pierce with its sharp legs the enemies that it couldn't see, but it damaged the rock floor instead. It threw cobwebs and spat venom in all directions, so it forced her to use Twister a couple of times to repel them.

And, meanwhile, Wind Arrows and the normal ones were nailing in it continuously, gradually reducing its vitality, until it ran out of strength and could no longer maintain its shape, so the mana dispersed.

"It's been dangerous," the lynx appreciated this time, less arrogant than on other occasions.

She had had to do her best, use all her agility and speed, but that also made her feel more proud of that victory.

"You've been amazing," her sister praised her, stroking her head, between her stylized ears.

"You too. You have to teach me that trick of flying," the feline laughed happily, even knowing that she could hardly master such a thing. She allowed her sister to pamper her, while emitting a soft and relaxing purr.