Dungeon first floor (I)

Although they had risen 5 levels, level 20 slugs still were a challenge for them, and more if they were two of those beings at the same time. Therefore, they waited for them to separate, in order to attack one of them.

They didn't know how many times they would have to face each to subdue them. Their stats had increased, as well as their mana and energy, and Goldmi's equipment was now level 14, but there were still 6 levels of difference. Considering that it had taken about a month, they hoped they could do it in less than a week.

However, they soon realized how wrong their calculations had been. Not only did the arrows penetrate deeper, but the damage they caused was greater for each centimeter inside, thus multiplying the total damage.

In addition, the strength of Cyclone Barrier had not only increased by leveling up, but by the passive of wind magic, thus being able to deflect a greater amount of Spittle, which now had to face a much greater defense. As a consequence, ranged attacks were painful if they hit, but no longer deadly, so the elf could be more daring. And not only the elf. The lynx could now count on the protection of Cyclonic Barrier, in addition to that her own resistance and agility had improved.

Thus, their defense and attack against their enemies had multiplied. And, although those enemies couldn't be neglected, they no longer had to fear for their lives in every confrontation.

Wind Arrow wasn't very effective against slugs, since the cuts it inflicted were soon covered by the gelatinous substance that formed them, but Ethereal Arrow was enough, helped by Piercing Arrow. She didn't even need Three better than one, since she was confident in dodging ranged attacks, or, at worst, resist them.

Although, truth be told, the archer received few attacks. As the mortal danger had disappeared, the feline needed only to face the mere risk of injury and pain, so she enjoyed attacking the slugs and diverting their attention.

Rarely did the enemy succeed in hitting her, because it lacked the intelligence and speed of the swift lynx. If it did, she just needed to grit her teeth, resist the pain, fall back, let her sister heal her while being scolded worriedly, and return to the front soon after. And while her attacks weren't very effective at first, after they tried adding Purifying Touch to her claws, she managed to add some damage.

With the simple tactic of distracting their enemies and attacking from a distance, they killed the two slugs before noon, and leveled up 15, halfway to 16. That meant that their situation had improved again, although not as much as the feline had expected, since this time there was no celebration cake.

Although she forgot about it after tasting some delicious sponge cakes filled with hot chocolate, and after having devoured several kilos of rare meat, seasoned with a slightly spicy sauce. As she was devouring them, Goldmi glanced at her.

"Will you be able to eat raw meat again?" she asked her sister.

"I hope I don't have to find out," she replied, continuing to gobble up the food. It is one of the advantages of telepathic communication, you don't need to stop eating.

At 15, she had unlocked the light magic passive, which includes purification, and which especially pleased the feline, as she could now do more damage, be more effective. She had been very frustrated against those gelatinous beings, and wanted her revenge.

And she had also recovered Alarm. By using the connection with nature, it allows to establish a temporary and deeper link with specific plants, letting her know if someone has stepped on or touched their leaves or roots. She could even use the fungi existing in those tunnels, which seemed to be immune to slug corrosion. She had it in 2, since she had practically never used it, something that she felt would soon change.

At the moment, she could only establish a connection with four plants, since they are two per level, and the maximum distance is one kilometer per level, so two for now. It hardly consumes energy to maintain the link, and little to establish it, making it a good and cheap surveillance system, although it only warns if something affects the plants, not what. It is easy to have false warnings, but it is much better than not having any information.

In the afternoon, they managed to locate and kill another one, with even greater ease, and they almost reached 16. They did it in two rounds, because they didn't want to run out of mana, but they could have done it at once. The next one they located was far away, so they decided to rest. They preferred to regain strength and wait for the next day, so they returned to the rest area.

If they had been hopeful the day before, they were almost euphoric now. Their efficiency had exceeded their expectations, and they were confident that they would soon be able to walk those tunnels safely.

Although Goldmi was concerned about the possible existence of the floor boss, since she wasn't sure if the two of them could beat it. In the game, they were quite hard, although with Eldi and Gjaki they could do it with relative ease. However, now her former companions of the game weren't there, and she feared the time of facing that danger.

Nevertheless, for now their priority was to get stronger. They believed they could get to level 21 or 22 before facing the obstacle that guarded the passage to the second floor, if it was the same as in the game. It may not even exist.

"Stop worrying, there's no use doing it. We'll face it when the time comes. So go to sleep at once!" the big cat scolded her.

The elf said nothing, but buried her face in her sister's warm and soft fur, while trying to forget her worries. It was only when the feline finally felt her elf sister's consciousness dissipate that the lynx sighed and fell asleep instantly, for she had no trouble in that. She didn't understand how the elf could be kept awake, but the feline worried when she did. After all, she was her sister, her companion, and she loved her as such. Besides that she was able to make delicious food.