Chapter 19

Louis still has one more hour left of his lunchbreak. He asked Harry if they could just lay down on Harry's bed in his room, cuddling. Of course Harry didn't deny that.

"I want to stay here forever." Louis says all cuddled up into Harry. "Me too." He kisses the chestnut hair of the boy. "I've never had... This..." Louis whispers, hiding his face. "What do you mean?" He plays with his hair and Louis is basically purring. "Hugging, cuddling, this. It's new and strange but I like doing this... With you. I'm sorry if I sound like a weirdo or a dork. I just want to express how I feel about you I guess. Hiding and fighting just messes everything up." Harry's heart is melting and breaking at the same time. He loves how Louis is able to express his feelings but in 24 years the boy had never had someone to cuddle him. Harry wants to cuddle him every single second of the day and he doesn't understand how someone else didn't have the same impulses. "Me too, baby. Love laying here with you." Louis jumps up, eyes wide when he looks at Harry.

"What's wrong? Did I say something wrong?" The curly lad is nervous. "You called me baby..." Louis says never breaking eye contact. "I'm sorry. That was out of place." Harry looks down at his hands. Louis lifts his chin up, making green and blue meet. "Don't apologize. I loved it." Louis presses his lips on the other boys forehead, sharing the love he feels for him. He wants him to know he is his everything.

Niall is playing waterpolo with Payno and Shirley is doing Zumba with Lee. Harry is laying down alone on the sunbed. He is looking at Louis. He is playing with the kids in the small pool and it must have been the cutest thing Harry has ever seen. When Louis looks back he gives Harry his sweetest smile and then focusses back on the kids. This small gesture is enough for Harry's heart to stop for a few seconds.

"Hey, Harry." Zayn is taking place on the foot end of Harry's sunbed. "Hey, what's up?" "I'm good, mate. I just want to tell you; I heard you talking to Kendall this morning and I want to thank you for defending Lou. He needs someone like you. You're very important to him. Sometimes it's difficult for him to show this, he never really experienced true love but... Just thank you for defending him and being patient, listen to him and understand him. It means the world to him and you have a good influence." Zayn wants to stand up, but Harry stops him, calling his name. "Zayn?" The  black haired boy sits down again and looks at Harry. "Yeah?" He smiles.  "I like him, a lot. I feel the need to protect him and make him smile and just ... Be there for him.  I felt like I needed to tell you as you are so important to him. I want you to know that I'll be by his side. I promise. I won't hurt him, not intentionally at least. " Zayn gives the boy a soft smile. "I know, Harry. I hope you know it's mutual. You are Louis' world. " Harry nods, not even trying to fight his smile. "I know."

"How are you shaking? It's 30 degrees." Harry says when Louis is out of the pool after all the kids left. "The kids pool is cold." Louis puts his arms around his small body, trying to find some heath. "Here." Harry takes his towel from his sunbed and lays it over the small boys shoulder. Louis immediately clenches around the towel and kisses Harry's cheek. "Thanks. You're an angel. So... Tonight there's a live show, some flamenco dancers. The only thing I have to do is watch and talk to the people. I'm not allowed to sit with you during the whole show but... If it's alright I would like to join you for some part?" Louis bites his lip, heart racing against his chest.

He is still scared to ask the younger boy to spend time together. Louis realises he had hurt him before and is scared that one day Harry wakes up and realises he deserves so much better then Louis.

"You don't even have to ask, love. Join me whenever you want. I'll be waiting for you." Harry kisses Louis' temple and grabs his hand, sensing his angel is still very insecure and scared. "Maybe if you want after the show we can do that songwriting session we planned?" Louis' face is glowing and nods. "Yes, that's an amazing plan. I have to take a shower now and get changed. I'll see you later, Hazza." Louis lets go of Harry's hand right after he gave a soft kiss on it. "See you later, Lou."

The flamenco show started and Harry is really impressed. "This is so good." Niall says eating a hand full of crisps. "Yeah, it is. They dance so elegant" Harry answers. "I'm not talking about the show, I'm talking about those Spanish crisps. They are fucking amazing, man." Niall says, mouthful. "You are literally an animal, babe." Shirley jokes. The three of them are laughing. When Harry looks around he sees Louis sitting with Kelly and her two kids Joshua and Macy. The small girl is sitting on his lap and he is braiding her hair. "Stop staring at your husband." Shirley says, slapping Harry's arm. "Rude, Shirlz!" Harry says, rubbing his arm.

"Hey, Harry." A girly voice interrupts the friends' laughter. "Go." Is the only word Harry says when he sees Kennie in front of him. "I would like to talk to you. I don't want to fight with you." Kendall says. "I don't really feel like talking to you." The curly boy snaps. Kendall sits down, ignoring Harry. "You don't have to talk, just listen to me." She pleads. Harry looks around, seeing Louis' hurt expression from far. "You can sit here." Harry mumbles. Kendall smiles and his two friends look shocked. "Great. So what I wanted to say..." Kendall stops talking when Harry stands up. "Where are you going?" the entertainer asks.  People start to look at the pair as voices are getting louder and the flamenco dancers are on their break. There is nothing really going on now and the pair talking is the most interesting thing happening around now. Harry feels all the eyes burning on him. "I said you can sit here. But over my dead body I'm sitting with you." Harry pushes his chair under the table and walks towards the bar, getting a drink. He hears voices whispering about him and Kendall, but Harry ignores it. He doesn't really care. He just hopes Louis got the message that he is on his side and wants nothing to do with the dark haired girl.

Harry is just awkwardly standing in a corner with his drink. He doesn't know where to go as Kendall is waiting for him at his table. He doesn't want to interrupt the conversation Louis is having with Kelly and the kids.

"Hey, Harry! Join us!" Lola screams, sitting with the teenage group and Dani. Dani gives him a smile and nods. "Come on, Harry. A friend of Tommo is a friend of ours, right guys?" Dani asks the group. They all agree and when Harry looks at Louis, he sees a beautiful smile on his face. 'Thank you' the smaller boy mouths. Harry forms a small heart with his two hands and walks towards the group of teens and Dani, watching the show. Who is Harry kidding? His eyes are not even leaving Louis for a second. 

"I love how you handled Kennie." Lola says. "Me too!" Sophia agrees.  Harry raises his eyebrow. He knows the girls must have seen everything but why would they love the fact Harry has been rude to one of the entertainers? They don't know what's going on, do they? "We know Kennie has been really rude to Tommo. We don't know what she said but we do know she is the reason Tommo wasn't here for three days and Dani has a swollen cheek." Lola explains when she sees Harry's confused expression. "How do you know?" The older boy asks. "Dani and my sister are best friends. I think I told you during lunch, didn't I?" Sophia says. Harry nods, remembering the girl mentioned this. "We also know you and Tommo like each other." Lola says smirking. Harry's eyes go wide and focusses on the two girls. "Why would you say that?" He asks. "Well, Tommo left for three days and you also weren't around. Coincidence? Don't think so. Also you were okay with Kennie before and now you are ignoring her after what happened to our Tommo. Oh and... About him? He hasn't stopped looking at you since you are sitting here, Harry." Sophia says, big smile on her face. Harry feels his cheeks flush and when he looks at Louis' direction he sees indeed a pair of blue eyes watching him. When Harry watches him back he gives him a smile, standing up and walking towards him.

"Hey guys, can I join you for the last part of the show?" Louis asks. The two girls start giggling. "Yeah, of course Tommo. We'll just go sit with Dani. See you!" The two girls move a bit more to the front and Louis takes places next to Harry, resting his head on the taller boys shoulder for the last part of the show and playing with the rings on his long fingers.