Chapter 31

When it's seven Harry hears a knock on his door. When he opens it he sees Caroline. She is dressed beautifully in a white dress. Her make-up is done to perfection and she is wearing silver high heels. Hollywood directors could cast her as an angel with the way her blond hair is done. Harry would lie if he says he isn't impressed. Still, her being dressed up hasn't the same effect as Louis who just wakes up. It's Louis, always Louis. Harry feels horrible and he just wishes he was with the boy. "Har, are you ready?" Caroline asks. Harry nods. He grabs his phone and then leaves with Caroline.

When they are in front of the restaurant, they see the entertainment team in front. Harry's heart breaks when he sees the look in Louis' eyes as they are entering the restaurant. "Lou..." Harry says. He wants to go towards him but Caroline grabs his hand, dragging the boy inside.

"There was no reason to pull me away. I wanted to say something to Louis." Harry says when they both sit on their table. "Don't be dramatic, Harry. I was just hungry." Harry rolls his eyes, ignoring the girl in front of him and starts to eat.

"So, are we actually going to talk? Because that's the reason I'm here." Harry says after 15 minutes in complete silence. "Don't need to snap. Harry, again, I flew especially here for you. The least you can do is treat me with respect. We are a huge part of each other's life." Harry sighs, knowing the girl is right and feeling immediately guilty about his behaviour. "Sorry. It's just... Louis is angry at me and it sucks..." Caroline looks at the boy with empathy. "Hard, yeah when the person you love is being harsh towards you?" Even more guilt is now spreading. "God, I'm sorry. I'm so selfish. Look, Caroline. I love you but not in a romantic way. I care about you, I really do and I hope we can be friends but for now I just want to keep my distance a bit from you. It hurts Louis and..." "So what you are saying is that you are dropping me for someone you met here on holiday? Harry, we are literally together since birth! Are you giving me up for some boy with nice hair and some tattoos? I thought I meant something more to you!"  Caroline starts to cry and Harry panics. "No, no don't cry! Caroline, please!" Harry leaves his chair and walks towards Caroline and hugs her. "I'm not dropping you. I just don't want to be in a relationship with you. Caro, I accepted you and Derek. Why can't you be happy for me and Louis?" Harry's eyes were looking for Caroline's grey ones.

"Because Derek was actually a good person. Harry, Louis is an entertainer who lives 4 hours away by airplane. He's going to hurt you, Harry and I can't see you go through that. Look I spoke to some of his colleagues. He dated two of them in a year time and apparently he is fucking this guy who works in the hotel next door. Then there is this weird story about that Katie and... Harry the boy wants to get into your pants. I'm so sorry to tell you this but it's the truth. He doesn't feel the same way about you as you feel about him. I'm not here to hurt you, H. I'm here to bring back your common sense. This is nothing like you. You don't trust this easily. You don't fall in love like this. Harry, it took us like two years to get together. You are acting so out of character. I don't want to lose my best friend. You are my favourite person and I love you." Harry's heart breaks hearing those words coming from someone he has been trusting all his life. He lets go of the girl and stands up. "H, where are you going?" Caroline asks, tears in her eyes. "Louis. I've wasted my time being here with you. I have to talk to him. Enjoy your meal." Harry's voice is as cold as ice. He can't stand people talking bad about Louis. Caroline doesn't know Louis. The only person other then Harry that knows him is Zayn. He can't believe Harry has been so stupid to go out for dinner with her. He hurt Louis and he should have listened to him. Louis warned him for something like this. God, he hopes the smaller boy forgives him.

Harry takes place with Niall and Shirley right in front of the stage. "How was dinner?" Niall asks. "Disaster. I should have never gone. It's exactly how Louis predicted it to be. God, have you seen him? I need to talk to him." "He's in the DJ box with Dani, arranging the sounds of the singer there's on." Harry looks at the stage and there is a woman in a sparkly dress. She is singing and some people are dancing right in front of the stage. "Okay, I'm going to talk to him." Harry stands up and walks towards the box.

"Lou, can we talk?" Harry is in front of the little window. The door is not accessible for people who don't work there. "Could you please go out of the way? I'm trying to focus on the show." Louis ignores Harry's question and it breaks his heart. "Please, I'm sorry... I should have listened to you." Harry begs. "A bit late, isn't it? And Harry please go now, I have work to do." Louis' voice is annoyed. "Talk after work? Are you coming to my room?" The curly lad asks. "Jesus, Harry move. I try to do my fucking job here." Louis' voice is cold and Harry just wants to cry. He will be fine, yeah? Thanks for the advice, El.

"Harry, can you stop moving your leg please?" Shirley says annoyed. "How do I make it up to him?" Harry is biting his nails. He doesn't want to lose Louis, he can't lose Louis. "What's something he likes?" Niall asks. "Well, he likes food, coke, McDonalds, Grease. Oh, he loves writing songs and music is his passion and... I have a plan!" Harry stands up and leaves his friends who are really confused right now.

Louis is sitting with Dani in the DJ box. "Aren't you a bit harsh, Lou? The boy was almost crying." Dani says. "Don't care. He is going to leave me anyway. Better sooner then later, no? His bitch of an ex is here only a day and he already does whatever she wants. He will end up with her." Louis is trying to act like he doesn't care while he is dying on the inside. "Don't say that. Harry really wants to be with you." Louis rolls his eyes. "Have you seen them entering the restaurant? She took his hand and he didn't even pull away right in front of my eyes." Louis' voice starts to get shaky. "God damn it, Tomlinson. Yeah I saw the girl DRAGGED  Harry inside. I also heard Harry calling your name, trying to talk to you and looking at you with those eyes that don't even need an explanation." Louis ignores his friend. He doesn't want to be hopeful. If you hope, you lose, you get hurt.

"What is Harry doing?" Dani asks, pointing at Harry who is whispering something in the singer's ear. Louis just shrugs. "Ask him. Or Caroline, she probably knows as well."

Louis' heart stops when the first notes of the next song play. Harry is standing in front of the window again, looking hopeful at the boy with 'Rewrite the stars' playing in the background. "Please, dance with me?" Harry asks, voice low and hopeful. A smile appears on Louis' face but he is still frozen. "Go, you idiot!" Dani pushes him towards the door and Louis runs up to Harry.

Harry pulls the boy against him, kissing his forehead as they start to dance on the song. "I'm so sorry, Lou. I really am. I promise next time, I'll listen to you." Harry's forehead is resting on Louis' and the smaller boy's heart is melting. "Just promise me you will never leave me..." Louis whispers. Harry tightens his grip around his small waist, pulling him closer to him. "I promise." Harry says right before pressing his lips on Louis'

And then there is Caroline sitting at the bar, staring at the two boys with disgust. "It didn't work. You said saying those things about that boy would turn Harry against him." Caroline snaps at the dark haired girl next to her before taking a sip of her drink. "We'll find another way, Caroline. Don't worry. They can't be on their pink cloud forever..."