Chapter 38

Right now Harry is sitting in his room. Caroline is on the bed and he took a chair to sit on. Being together on the bed looked a bit inappropriate according to Harry seeing the situation they are in now.

Before Harry went up to Caroline earlier he made a stop with Louis. He wanted to make sure the guy was okay with it and he agreed, kissing Harry passionately to wish him good luck.

"So you said you wanted to talk, H." Caroline starts the conversation. "I was just worried. I haven't seen you after Lou and I got official and I wanted to make sure you are okay so... Are you okay, Caro?" Caroline looked down at the floor. "I'm not going to lie. It hurts, Harry. I love you and I always have and I just can't believe I made the mistake to let you go. I miss you so much H, and it hurts to see how you are choosing someone that will hurt you while I can give you so much love. I can give you all the love you need, darling. And even if you don't take me back, you can't be with him. He doesn't love you, H. As a person who does love you I can see this. He doesn't look at you the way you do at him. You are just confused, darling and that's okay. Just stop hurting yourself before he does because I promise he will. I don't trust him. He is not a reliable and stable person. H, he is a hotel entertainer. He is paid to be friendly, literally." Caroline's words hurt Harry so much. He wants to be angry because she talks bad about the love of his life, but he can't make himself to scream at her.

"Caroline, please. I don't want to fight with you. I wanted to talk because I wanted to be fine with you. I really want to be friends with you and I don't ask you to be friendly with Louis, but just accept him. He agreed I could talk to you, he is making amends. Just try to do the same please. I really love him, Caro. He is everything to me. I know it sounds strange because I don't know him that long but we really have a connection. I'm extremely in love with him, and I'm sorry if it hurts you but I want to be honest with you." Harry wants to keep talking but he looks up when he feels his phone buzzing.

1 message from: Boo xx

Staying in my room tonight not coming to yours. Im tired and I go to sleep now. See you tomorrow.

Disappointment washes over Harry. He is used to sleep with Louis and Louis never texts without x's or petnames. Louis' messages are always full of love, not this short and cold. Is it because he is with Caroline right now? Because if that's the case he kicks her out within the second.

To: Boo xx

Okay, babe. I'll miss you ;( see you tomorrow and I love you. If u change ur mind pls come xx

"H, what's that?" Caroline points at the floor, and a big envelope is laying under the door. Harry recognises the shape and colour. It's the same as the last one he received. He puts his phone in his pocket and picks it up.

"Uh, getting letters this late at night? Secret admirer?" Caroline jokes. Harry rolls his eyes and opens the envelope.

Harry's heart stops beating. His breath is stuck. Tears are streaming down his face. The boy can't move, his eyes stuck on the pictures inside of the envelope.

"Har, Harry what's wrong?" Caroline moves next to Harry, placing her hand on his shoulder. "You were right..." is the only thing he can bring out. "About what? Harry talk to me?" Carolines voice is concerned and Harry feels sick. He runs to the toilet, emptying his stomach as tears stream down his face. Because the one thing Harry was scared of, happened. They had sex this afternoon and now he's already with someone else. Harry feels so stupid. How could he believe in this sick game? How could he be so naïve? Kennie warned him, Caroline warned him. Yet Harry was still stupid enough to believe every word he said. The dates, walks on the beach, songwriting,  late night talks, intimacy, it all meant nothing. Harry's favourite memories were just a big lie.

The pictures are burned into Harry's head. Louis laying down on the bed, shirtless. El was laying on top of him, only wearing a bra.

"Fuck, Harry! I'm so sorry." Caroline leaves the bathroom, takes a bottle of water out of the minibar and gives it to Harry. "Here, drink this." She whispers, hand caressing his hair. "You'll be alright, H. I'm so sorry, I wish I wasn't right. Better find out now then later, yeah? I'm leaving tomorrow morning, H I can book you a flight ticket right now if you want to. We can leave together if it's too much to be here." She presses a kiss on Harry's temple but for some reason it makes him even more sick. He hangs over the toilet again.

"Can you please get Niall?" Harry's voice is hoars from crying and throwing up. "I'm here, Harry." Caroline says trying to hug the boy. "I know. I want Niall." Caroline looks defeated but she nods. "I'll text him." Harry shakes his head, for some reason not trusting the girl. "Give me my phone. I want to call him." Caroline stands up and hands Harry's phone over to him.

"Hey, Haz. Look perfect that you call! There is some fucked up shit going on!"

"Louis cheated on me. I'm in my room. Please come."

Harry closes the call before Niall can say something. He wraps up his knees and a monster scream leaves his lungs. All the emotion, all the pain, in one big loud cry that cuts right through every single soul. Harry is dead inside.