Chapter 25

Harry and Louis are sitting down in the sand, a 5 minute walk away from the hotel. There were no people around and they also wouldn't be.  The boys are silent, Harry putting small kisses  on Louis hair from time to time. He doesn't say anything. He knows the boy will start to speak by himself when he feels ready.

"I know Zayn since kindergarten." Louis starts. Harry nods encouraging, knowing this is the beginning of his story. "He was always by my side, protecting me. When I was younger I wasn't that... outgoing. I had Zayn by my side and my girlfriend, Hannah. We started dating when I was 15. We were good, she was nice and a really good girlfriend. She was my first kiss. Hannah, Zayn and I were close and we did everything together the three of us.

A year later Zayn's father bought the restaurant in Fuerteventura. They left Doncaster and it was just me and Hannah. I was sad, obviously but I was fine. I still had Hannah and even though after a couple of months we didn't date anymore we were good friends.

One day I was hanging out at my house together with Hannah and Lottie, my sister. We were watching funny videos on my laptop. Would you like to see a picture of my sisters?" Louis asks, looking Harry in the eyes. Harry nodded. "Yeah, of course." Louis takes his phone out of his pocket and shows a picture. It was Louis surrounded by 5 girls. Louis must have been around 16, not a lot older. He has a baby face but he is the oldest person in the picture.

"This is me, obviously. This is Lottie, the oldest girl." Louis bites his lip, fighting his tears. "Babe, you can cry, it's just me." Harry whispers, kissing his lovers' temple. "This is Fizzy, and these are the twins Daisy and Phoebe."  Louis locks his phone screen, and puts it away.

"So, as I was telling. We were watching videos. My mom asked me and Lottie if we could take our bikes and go get some groceries...

"Loubear, Lots could you please go to the supermarket? We need some milk, eggs and flower if you want to eat pancakes later. I have to pick up Fizzy and bring the twins to ballet. I'm already out of time and you know how your sisters stress out if they only think about being late for ballet. " Jay asks her two oldest children. "But mom, Hannah's here now. We are busy." Lottie whines. "Yeah, and by the way; you literally pass the supermarket on your way back. It's way too cold to ride a bike now. It snowed. By the way, we are videochatting Zayn in a few." Louis says trying to find reasons to not go to the supermarket. Jay rolls her eyes, knowing her two oldest children. "Fine. Don't want you to get tired." The older woman rolls her eyes, guess from where Louis got his sass?

"What time is it?" Hannah asks after the three watched more videos and called Zayn. "It's... Damn it's 8. The twins balletclass is at 6, isn't it?" Louis asks his sister. Lottie nods. "Yeah but mom had to pass the supermarket. She probably bumped into someone." Louis nods, content with the answer.

It's 9 o'clock when the doorbell goes. "Who can that be?" Lottie asks. "Probably mom forgot her keys. I'll open." Louis says to the two girls chilling in his room. He slides down from the side of the stairs and jogs towards the frontdoor.

"How can I help you?" The teenager asks, seeing two policemen standing in front of his door. "Is this the residence of Jay, Phoebe, Daisy and Félicité Tomlinson?" One of the men asks. Lottie and Hannah, being curious why Louis still isn't back are now down as well. "Yes , yes it is." Louis says. "Young man, I'm so sorry. They had a car crash. None of them survived..."

Louis' sobs are heart breaking, his body is shaking and Harry holds the smaller boy close to him. "Baby, I'm so sorry." He whispers in his ear, kissing him softly on the forehead. "The accident happened in the street right in front of the supermarket. If I wasn't such a lazy ass my mom, my sisters..." Louis breaks down again. "It's not your fault. Please don't blame yourself, baby." Harry has pulled Louis on his lap, rocking him.