Chapter 47

Today Louis is doing sports. He is organising a football tournament and quite a few people joined in, including his boyfriend.

Harry is playing but he doesn't feel very well. He is sweating more than he does other days and his stomach hurts. Louis notices there's something wrong with the curly lad and he pauses the game.

"Baby, are you alright? You don't look too well. You're a bit pale." Harry nods. "Yeah I'm fine. Just a bit dizzy I guess. Maybe I ate something wrong. I'm sure it's nothing too big." Louis nods but is not convinced. "I think you shouldn't play anymore. Go to your room and rest. Oh and pass the bar to take another bottle of water. Put the airconditioning on, but not on the maximum. I'll come to you as soon as this tournament is over. I'll finish it extra quick so I can take care of you." Harry gives Louis a sweet smile. "That's nice, babe but I'm fi..."

"Don't finish that sentence. Just do as I say, baby. Please? I don't want you to feel bad. Now go to your room and rest. I'll be there in like less then an hour." Louis pecks Harry's lips and Harry follows the orders of his boyfriend. Maybe indeed it isn't a bad idea to rest for a bit.

When Harry is alone in his room he decides to call his mother. He is angry with her but she does deserve to know her son is not coming back home. Harry is scared for her reaction. She will freak out. He clicks on her name on Facebook Messenger and clicks again on the camera. He could at least videocall his mother when he is going to bring her news like that.

"Harry! How are you my boy?" Anne answers after a few rings. "I'm good, thanks mom. How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, baby boy thank you. So things between you and Caroline didn't work out I heard?"

Harry feels anger boiling inside him when he hears that name. He can't believe he trusted someone like her. He can't believe he wasted basically his whole life by hanging out with someone like her. He is disgusted.

"The fact she tried to drug my boyfriend... No mother we didn't work out." Harry snaps. Anne's face gets uncomfortable.

"Boyfriend?" Her voice is judging and it hurts Harry's feelings. "Are you serious, mother? I tell you Caroline literally drugged my boyfriend and you are going to judge the fact I said boyfriend?"

The annoyance is clear in Harry's voice and he really wishes he could just finish the phone call now. "I' sorry, Harry. It's just... I want to support you but it's only a phase. You are coming back home in 2 days by the way. Can't imagine things will really work out for the two of you if he is one of the animation team like Caroline explained."

Harry scraps all his courage together. This is the perfect moment to tell his mother he is not coming back. "Talking about that... I'm not coming back home, mother." Anne starts laughing and shaking her head. "You can't be serious, Harry? What are you going to do? Stay with your boyfriend? You can't stay in Spain baby boy. You don't even have a job or something." The woman says shaking her head.

"I do have a job. The manager of the entertainment team offered me one. I will be working together with Louis. That's by the way his name, mom. Louis. Thanks for asking. Yes he does make me happy and he treats me right. Thanks for making sure." Sarcasm is dripping of Harry's voice.

"Harry Edward Styles you don't talk to you mother this way. I won't tolerate it. I' sorry I'm not happy my son is in love with a boy. That's just not something you plan for your child to happen. So give me time to adjust. It's hard for me."

Harry shakes his head. "Why would it be hard for you, mom? Shouldn't you only care if I'm happy or not? Do you really prefer I'd marry Caroline, someone who drugs people, but is a girl? Then that I'm marrying someone who makes me smile, happy and treats me right but is a boy? Don't be so judgmental, mother. I'm staying here with Louis because he makes me genuinely happy and he makes me feel like I matter. For once someone takes care about me in a relationship. Caroline never did. So please, mom I really want you to support me and him. Us. He means the world to me. There's nothing more important than Louis."

Anne only nods, not knowing what to say. "So you are sure there is no way you'll be on that airplane home after tomorrow?"  The older woman asks. "No way, mother."

"And what if I told you I received a letter yesterday in the mail that's for you from Syco records?"

Harry's mouth is wide open now. He sent some samples from his songs to different music labels, including this one.

"What's in the letter?" Harry asks, screen focused on the screen.

"They consider hiring you, Harry. You have an appointment with them the day after you come back. Harry, this is a huge opportunity. Are you really going to let it slip through your fingers for some boy you know for like two months? Harry, this could be the start of a beautiful career. I didn't want to tell you over the phone, darling. But I can't let you miss out on a chance like this for some summer fling."

"I don't believe you. This is just a way to get me home." Harry accuses his mother. "Thank you for thinking so low of me, son. Give me a minute." The woman stands up and a few seconds later she comes back with the letter, saying they heard his samples and would like to meet him on the second of September.

"I can't believe this..." Harry whispers full of unbelieve.

"So, baby boy. Will I see you after tomorrow?"

"Yes. See you, mom."