24

I wake up the next morning to my phone ringing. Looking around with sleep still in my eyes I realize Lauren is no longer in my bed. I reach for my phone and see it's 7:30 a.m. and Lila is calling. After talking to her for about 30 minutes, she tells me that the new 18 and over club is opening tonight and that we're going. Of course her cousin is getting us the arm bands so we can drink.

I head downstairs to the kitchen and Lauren is leaning against the counter already dressed for the day. I walk up beside her and hop onto the countertop. "Good morning." I say as I nudge her shoulder. She slightly smiles "good morning." I study her for a second the ask "Did you sleep well?" Lauren blushes a little and moves to the island like she is putting space between us. "Yes Kyler I did. Best sleep I've had in awhile but... what we did was... so wrong."

"We didn't do anything but sleep Lauren. There's nothing wrong with that." She shakes her head "no Kyler, it was wrong. The way we were wrapped in each other's arms this morning, it was... wrong." It feels like my heart is being squeezed and her words hurt even though I was kind of expecting them.

"Lauren it was not wrong, it's not like we had sex. It was the best sleep I've had in a while too. So how can you say it was wrong especially when it felt so right? I know you have feelings for me, like I have feelings for you." Lauren holds her hand up and sighs, "Kyler, even if... nothing could or would ever happen between us, I am married. Please don't do this okay. Just let it go and let's pretend it never happened." After that, she walks away and goes upstairs. Was she going to admit she has feelings for me? I know I'm not imagining the magnetic pull being only one sided. I decide to go back to bed and forget this morning and her words as much as possible.

When I wake back up, it's a little after 12 p.m. and I can honestly say I am ready for tonight. After everything yesterday, all the other mess with Mike and now with Lauren, I need to let go and forget everything. Lila's picking me up at 8 p.m. so now I just have to figure out what I am going to wear. After looking through my closet I realize I don't have a dress so I decide to head to the mall and find one. I shoot a text to Lila for her to meet me there in 30 minutes.

I throw on a pair a black Adidas pants, a white tank top and Adidas shoes then head downstairs. Lauren and Julia are sitting at the island when I walk into the kitchen. "Good afternoon sleepy head." Lauren says as her eyes travel down my body and back up. She seems totally fine now like this morning didn't happen or she's trying to act normal in front of Julia. I laugh "yes, good afternoon. I'm heading over to North Star mall for a little bit." She nods her head as she looks at me. "Okay sweetie. Do you want something for lunch before going?" she asks. "No thank you, I'm meeting Lila there and I can grab a bite there."

Julia looks up from her phone "holy shit." Lauren and I look at her like she is crazy. Julia is looking at me and finally says "you are even sexier with tattoos. Damn, what I could do with you if..." Lauren sternly says "shut it Julia." Julia looks at her "what, I can't appreciate what I see? Sorry Lauren but damn, if I was gay..." Lauren looks at Julia "please shut the fuck up Julia!" she basically yells. Lauren is looking at her sister with anger and... jealousy in her eyes... again. Julia stops talking after Lauren's outburst and when she sees the pissed look on Lauren's face.

Everyone is quiet and there's a weird tension in the room. I figure this is a good time for me to leave. Before leaving I look at Lauren, "Lila and I are going out tonight if that's okay with you?" She sighs, "sure, that's fine with me just be home no later than 2 a.m. please. I'm actually going out with Julia tonight so please be careful and call me if you need anything." She needs a night to relax for sure. "Okay I will and hope y'all have a good night." I say over my shoulder as I'm heading to the garage. I stop when I get to the door "shit." I know Lauren heard me since as soon as I turn around she is already looking at me. "Sorry, I forgot Mike took the car from me."

Lauren gets up from her seat and reaches for her car keys. She walks over to me "here, use mine and I will just ride with Julia since we had planned an afternoon and night together anyway." I glance at the keys in her hand. "Are you sure?" She smiles at me "yes it's fine Kyler just be careful." I pull her against me for a quick hug and squeeze her "thank you" I say next to her ear and I feel her shiver in my arms. I release the hug and can't help but smirk at her and lick my lips. She glances down at my lips then clears her throat turning back to the island where Julia is sitting playing on her phone.

I definitely know that Lauren feels something between us with the way she responds to me and with how pissed she got with Julia. Why does she have to be married to my sperm donor? Why is the one person I have to fall far completely off limits? Why do I keep torturing myself by always flirting with her?

Lila's already waiting in the food court when I get to the mall. "What took you so long?" she asks. "I forgot Mike took my car but Lauren let me use hers." Lila laughs "I still can't believe you don't call him dad. I mean that's what he is, you know?" I shrug and start walking off. We are both hungry so we grab a quick bite then go dress shopping.

After five stores I finally find a dress I really like at Macy's. It's black with spaghetti straps, mid thigh length and a slit up the left side. It's a sexy looking dress and I will admit, I look sexy in it. My thigh tattoo is visible and with my toned body it fits snug and shows off all my features.

Lila nearly chokes on air when I walk out of the dressing room. So of course I take this as a good sign. "If you were my type Kyler, I would fuck you right here in that dress. Damn, everyone will want you tonight." I laugh her comment off but the only person I can think about seeing me in this dress is Lauren. She is the only one I want to see me in this dress. I wonder how she would react if she saw me in it?

After buying the dress we leave the mall and I head home. Lila decides to get an Uber to pick us up tonight instead since we will both be drinking. It's already 5:30 by the time we leave the mall. I hurry home so I can shower and get ready for tonight.