99

I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with Lauren's parents but they gladly gave me their blessing to marry Lauren. Mr. David was impressed that I called and asked. He said I was very respectful to do that and that I would never know how much that meant to him and Mrs. Jessica. At least that is over with and I can go find the perfect ring tomorrow.

Just as I was getting off the phone with Lauren's parents, she comes outside to find me. I pull her against me and quickly kiss her. Before I can deepen the kiss, she pulls back to let me know Aunt Mary wants my help prepping dinner.

On our way inside I tell her about everything at the bank including the money. She is happy for me and told me my mom sounds like an amazing woman. We both help my aunt finish up the prep work for dinner even though I told Lauren she didn't have to help but she insisted. Aunt Mary decided to cook stuffed bell peppers, twice baked potatoes and banana pudding, so we stay in the kitchen and help her cook dinner while waiting on Katie.

When Katie arrives we had just finished cooking. She jumps in my arms as soon as I open the front door to let her in then says "where's your woman? You sent me a picture of her but I have to see her in person."

I laughed as we go to the kitchen where Lauren and Aunt Mary are setting the table. I walk to Lauren and wrap an arm around her waist. "Lauren this is Katie and Katie this is Lauren."

Katie looks between Lauren and I then says "holy shit, you are gorgeous. You must have some kind of magical coochie cause you've got Kyler whipped. I have never seen her like this but being happy and in love looks good on her so thank you. Now as her best friend, you better not hurt her or I will kick your butt."

We all laugh and I say "that's enough Katie so stop."

She shakes her head "Kyler this is a big deal. Seeing you in a relationship is actually great and I am so happy for you. You went from never wanting a relationship, not giving a shit about anyone and screwing any girl that wanted you to being in love."

I push her shoulder to get her to shut up but Katie looks at my girlfriend "Lauren I swear if you two were not dating, you would have to get a restraining order against Kyler. You are all she talks about after she finally told me."

Lauren's cheeks turn red and I stop Katie before she keeps running her mouth. We eat dinner and enjoy each other's company. I'm glad that Lauren and Katie get along so well. After dinner, Katie and I go outside since she is leaving and I tell her my plan for tomorrow to get an engagement ring. She is shocked but excited too. After finding a ring in the morning I will get Lauren and show her around some of my favorite spots in Pensacola. Now I just have to plan my proposal and hope everything goes good.

I send Lauren upstairs to shower and help Aunt Mary clean up after dinner. Since we are alone I know I can talk to my aunt about tomorrow. "I'm all set for tomorrow if you are still good with keeping Lauren occupied. If not I will get Katie to do it and I will go by myself to find a ring."

Aunt Mary looks at me for a few seconds and finally says, "Yes, I will still keep her company. What type of ring are you getting?"

I shake my head "umm, I really don't know. I think I will know once I see it. I feel like I will be drawn to the perfect ring for her. I've put $5000 aside for one and it has to feel perfect but not be too flashy because I know Lauren doesn't like big in your face jewelry."

We have finished cleaning the kitchen and Aunt Mary motions for me to sit down at the table. Once we are both seated she starts talking again. "Kyler, I hope you don't spend a lot on a ring. Maybe not going over $500 would be best because you never know if...."

I quickly stand up and push my chair under the table. "I'm going to shower if Lauren's out then we're calling it a night so goodnight Aunt Mary." I walk upstairs to the bedroom Lauren and I are staying in. It's pissing me off because it seems my aunt is going to constantly second guess mine and Lauren's relationship or try to change my mind on anything involving Lauren. I don't know why she can't seem to understand I know what I want.

Lauren's out of the shower and laying in bed when I walk into the bedroom. I quickly grab my night clothes and go down the hall to shower. When I get back to the bedroom, Lauren is laying on her side facing the wall already under the cover. I slip in bed behind her and wrap an arm around her waist and pull her tight against me. "I missed you." I whisper in her ear as I softly kiss below her ear.

"Mmm, I missed you too but it's only been a few minutes since you saw me." Lauren says laughing as she turns over facing me. She smiles as I gently place my hand on her cheek and stroke my thumb against her soft skin. Her eyes close as she nuzzles against my hand and a smile graces her beautiful lips.

"I always miss you when I'm not around you." I pull Lauren more flush against my body even though we are already pressed together. "I love you." I say as I kiss her inviting lips. The smile those three words earn me makes my heart beat like crazy. I will never get tired of the way just a smile, a look or touch from her affects me. Before I can say anything else she closes the space between our lips in a slow tender kiss.

We both softly moan into the kiss and Lauren pulls away with a breathless smile on her face. "I love you too, Kyler." She presses against me, intimately but not in a sexual way, "I love you more than anything." She declares as she nuzzles her face into my neck and lightly kisses me and entwines our legs.

"I'm so ready to sleep." Lauren says as she slips her hand under my shirt resting it against my side.

I smile as I tighten my hold around Lauren and give her a quick hug. "Okay." I whisper as I slip my hand under the back of her shirt. I have realized since we have been together, that both of us love skin to skin contact even when it's not sexual. There's just something comforting about it. I kiss her head and she tries to move closer to me even though it's not possible and we both close our eyes and drift off to sleep.