97

Aunt Mary's visit was surprising to say the least. Come to find out, my mom had opened a savings account when I was born. I was to get control of the account once I turned 18 and had graduated high school. So now I have to go back to Pensacola to take care of that.

Of course I want Lauren to go with me but she told me it was a family matter that me and my aunt should take care of. Like I explained to her, she is family since we are together plus I want her there. I kept on enough that she finally agreed to go with me but not to the bank. I may have also convinced her by saying we could stay for a week and this could be a little getaway for us.

Aunt Mary had changed her flight and is flying out in the morning and wants to go to the bank Monday morning. So after she left, Lauren and I started looking online for flights. We are able to book us a flight that is four hours after my aunts. Our flight is at 12:15 p.m. and it's a three hour and 45 minute flight with a 40 minute layover in Houston. That's not too bad so we should be in Pensacola by 4:30.

I'm actually looking forward to this because I get to show Lauren around where I grew up and of course show her off. I also get to see my best friend Katie because I have definitely missed her and I want Lauren to meet her too.

Lauren went to go pick up some Chinese food for dinner so we don't have to cook. A quick dinner is best so we can pack, get to bed early and get enough rest. While she is gone I call Katie to let her know we will be in Pensacola. She is so excited that she's yelling into the phone. She is ready to see me and really excited to meet Lauren. Her exact words were "I can't wait to meet the woman that has changed you and made you so pussy whipped and actually want a relationship."

Sunday morning rolls around and we get ready for the day and load the suitcases into my Ford Fusion. I open Spotify and play my King Princess station and we head to the airport. On our way Lauren asks, "have you thought anymore about college? You have to make a decision so you don't lose any of your scholarships. I'm not trying to rush you but I kind of need to know so I can start applying for a job somewhere."

I know she is right and I think I know what I want to do and where I want to go. "Actually I believe I have made a decision. I want to go to The Art Institute of San Antonio for my BFA in design and also take online classes at West Alabama for a teaching degree too. That way I can work in design or teach design in school.

Lauren smiles at me "I think that is a really great idea just don't overload yourself. I'm proud of you for wanting to double major and I know you can accomplish it and I will be by your side to help anyway I can." I smile because I'm glad that she believes in me and supports my decision.

"Thank you Lauren and there's no one else I would want to take this journey with than you. Now that you know my plan, you can start looking at teaching or principal openings at some of the schools around. We live about 35 minutes from The Art Institute and I know there are a few different schools in the area so hopefully you will not have any problem getting a job."

Lauren nods her head "I would hope I don't. I will start looking while we are on the plane since I will have time. I want to go ahead and send resumes out to get started now and if I wait too long, I might not get anything."

We park my car at the airport so we have a way back home when we return and don't have to use Uber. Lauren also rented us a car to use while in Pensacola so we don't have to borrow my aunts. Of course Aunt Mary wanted us stay with her for the week and wouldn't take no for an answer. I don't mind staying with her but that means I can't make love to Lauren for a week. A whole fucking week! That's going to drive me crazy because I want her all the time.

We finally arrive in Pensacola and it's close to 4:30 p.m. We get our luggage and head across the pickup lane to Enterprise to get our rental car. Once we have the car we load our suitcases in the trunk and head to Aunt Mary's house to settle in.

Monday morning rolls around and Aunt Mary and I go to the bank. To say I am shocked is an understatement. The money mom got from the divorce and the child support money Mike sent her had all been put into the savings account plus any extra she had put in over the years since it was first opened.

When I found out about the account I was shocked because my mom never mentioned it to me. She was not one to keep things from me at least I didn't think she was but obviously I was wrong. She kept my brother a secret and the savings account. I guess with the savings account, she knew I would tell her to use it to make it easier on her.

I nearly fell out of the chair when I saw there was $125,000 in the account. I couldn't believe my mother had done that for me. There were no stipulations on the money so it was mine to do with what I pleased. Half of it is staying in a savings account for college because I know the scholarships will not pay for everything. Of course I'm not going to go crazy spending money because I have everything I need already but there is one thing I want to buy, even though technically it's not for me.