75|| Happy Birthday Dom

"Alright everyone places!" Matt yelled when he got a text from Kat telling him that she and Dom were ten minutes away from the Shum-Daddario home.

Today, was Dom's birthday and like every year since they met on set of Shadowhunters, Matt and the cast got together to throw him a surprise party at Matt and Harry's place. The living room had been decorated with all things shadowhunters. From party streamers to balloons and even the cake had the voyance rune on the center. Kat had the idea of throwing him a Shadowhunters party. Dom had no idea what was in stored for him when he and Kat arrived at the house.

"I want to not only have a birthday party for him but also I want to surprise him with some big news," Kat had said making Matt and Harry raise their brows before it had dawn on them what she meant and of course they promised to not tell a soul because they wanted to see everyone's reaction to her news.

"They just pulled in," Matt heard Jade say since he was near the door and was able to see out the window as well. Matt and Harry were standing  together with their three kids, covering the twins ears when everyone shouted 'SURPRISE!' the moment Kat and Dom walked in through the doors.

"What the?" Dom asked stunned, as he looked at every familiar face in the room, before shaking his head as he went around the room greeting everyone before he reached Matt and Harry along with the Klee.

"Uncle Dom!" Levi beamed and the English native grinned crouching to his level holding his arms open for the toddler to run into them, "Happy birfday,"

"Thank you champ," Dom said with a smile giving him a kiss on the cheek, "how did you guys pull this off without me k—is this why you've been acting strange for the past couple of days?" He asked turning to Kat who gave him an innocent smile before giving him a kiss on the cheek

"Perhaps," she replied making shake his head

"Who wants cake?" Dom asked and Levi was quick to raise his hand making everyone in the room laugh at his enthusiasm, "alright,"

Of course everyone gathered around the table where the cake was sat with Dom behind it ready to blow the candles, "on the count of three we are all good to sing," Kat said before counting and like agreed the room was filled with everyone singing on and off tune the happy birthday song.

"Make a wish and then blow out the candles" Matt said and Dom closed his eyes and made a thinking face before —with the help of three little eager kids—blew the candles out making everyone clap and cheer.

"We should've eaten first," Matt murmured as the cake was cut up and distributed evenly to everyone.

"We'll eat soon, once we've played a few games,"his husband replied and he sighed nodding, "don't worry so much love, it'll give you wrinkles"

With an eye roll at Harry, Matt called everyone to attention even if they were still eating cake, "once everyone's eaten the cake, what do you all say about playing a few games?"

"Yes!"

********

"Time to open presents!" Kat announced after they had eaten dinner and played the numerous games that she, Matt and Emeraude had thought up from musical chairs to hot potato as well as who can eat an apple without using their hands. It was funny seeing them all trying to eat it as it was tired on a string and kept moving out of reach from the participants, in the end the winner had been Harry who after five tries managed to grab his apple and take a big bite out of it.

Though some of the guests had left early due to the snow, there were still quite a few that had stayed behind such as Emeraude and her husband, Alberto and Tessa, Jade, Nicola and Javier Muños.

"I have a special present for you," Kat said and Dom looked at her confused but she only smiled while Matt reached behind the couch he and Harry were sharing and handed her a medium sized box

"What is that?" Dom asked as Kat handed it to him

"Open and see it" she replied, "there's a card in there as well you can read out loud,"

Even more confused, Dom ripped the wrapping paper off before freezing as he looked at the box with wide eyes.

"What? What is it?" Emeraude asked before turning to look at Matt and Harry, "what is it?"

"Just wait," Harry said

"Babe? Is-Is this what I think it is?"He questioned making Kat smile. He took the card out from the envelope before opening it and reading, " 'dear daddy, on this super speedily day, I am not there with you but I am sending my warm greetings to you to tell you that I am going to love you the most in this world, and that I can't wait to finally meet you and learn about the world with you. Love you lots, from baby.' Is this real?"

"Oh my god" Emeraude whispered as her eyes filed with tears after hearing Dom read the card. Dom stood up and took Kat into his arms a when she had nodded her head and kissed her over and over again saying 'this is the best present ever' making her giggle as she hugged him back.

Of course everyone had gotten to their feet and went to congratulate the happy couple on their baby news.

"Ow, what was that for?" Matt asked after Emeraude had hit him on the arm

"You two knew didn't you?" She asked narrowing her eyes and he rolled his

"Of course we did" he answered as a matter of fact

"Why'd you keep it from me?"

"Because you're terrible at keeping secrets," Harry answered and she rolled her eyes

"I would've kept it," she retorted making Matt and Harry raised a brow at her and she huffed , "ugh fine"

They shook their heads before joining the others in congratulating Dom and Kat.

"Congrats you guys, again" Matt said making Dom raise a questioning brow 

"They knew" Emeraude replied his unasked question and Dom nodded with a smile

"Thank you, not just for keeping Kat's secret but for helping and lending us your home again for my birthday,"

"No need to thank us, we did it because we're friends and we figured since we haven't seen each other in weeks that it would be nice to get together again like old times," Harry stated as he fixed his hold on Eden  while Matt held Alya and Levi stood between them on the ground, "we're always happy to help in any way we can"

"Harry's right, Dom, we're always happy to help" Matt agreed, "Happy Birthday, Dom"