45| HAPPY HALLOWEEN

"TRICK OR TREAT!" The loud yelling of trick or treaters yelled as soon as Matt opened the door when there was a knock on the front door of his and Harry's home at 7 pm on Tuesday. He chuckled and held the bucket of candy towards the kids who were all dressed in various costumes from Spider-Man to Storm Trooper before they all ran off to the next house yelling a thank you and happy Halloween over their shoulders as they went.

"How many kids this time?" Harry asked as he walked over to him with their twins in each arm and Matt took Eden from him making Harry give him a smile

"Not many, give or take 6 unlike the last few group of kids" Matt answered before they made their way to the living room where Levi was currently on the floor playing with his toy cars but he dropped them as soon as he saw Harry and Matt walk in with his baby sisters and climbed onto the sofa between them and yawned rubbing his eyes meaning it was now his and the girls bedtime. The couple —after much work —have gotten the kids all on the same schedule. Harry handed Alya over to Matt, who began to softly bounce them in his arms as they began to whine, before he rushed into the kitchen to prepare their bottles

"Did you call your mom to ask what time she'll be coming by tomorrow?" Harry asked coming back into the living room with the freshly made bottles —handing one to Levi who was now resting his head on Matt's lap—and the other to Matt after taking Alya and feeding her much like Matt was currently doing with Eden.

"She said she'll be here around noon she said she'll help with the kids while we go out to get last-minute stuff for the party at Kat's" Matt replied and Harry nodded, "what time did she say we should be there?"

"Dom said that the party didn't start until 9 so we could go anywhere between 7 and nine to help them finish setting everything up," Harry said. And that's exactly what the two did the following day. After making sure the kids—after reassuring Levi that they'll be home when he wakes up—they left the house in their customers since Kat said it was a Halloween party and what kind of party would it be if no one dressed up? Of course, they had all agreed to go as their Shadowhunter characters so Matt and Harry went as Magnus and Alec.

"Alright, ready to go?" Harry asked as they climbed into his car—they had three cars in total one each and the family car—and Matt nodded as he placed the seatbelt across his chest.

The car ride to Kat and Dom's home was done in comfortable silence with the radio softly playing Nice To Meet Ya by Niall Horan and Matt and Harry's hands linked together on Matt's lap. Kat and Dom had —after both Harry and Matt have given them advice to not wait until it's too late to confess their feelings—did they begin dating and not long after did they move in together and no one was shocked by it since everyone knew that they were destined to be together. Everyone —but them it seemed—knew they had chemistry from day one of shooting the first season of Shadowhunters.

"And we are here," Harry said as he parked the car on the side of the road since the driveway was packed with both familiar and unfamiliar cars and cut the engine which cut the song that had been playing off. They unstrapped themselves before getting out of the car before making their way up the gravel walkway with Harry locking the car as they went. Loud music was already playing and Kat and Dom were lucky that their neighbors were not only friends of theirs but also co-stars which meant that the next couple house down the road will be deserted with them at the couple's home.

"Woah" Matt whispered as they entered the home and each was handed a red cup that held some type of alcoholic drink and scrunched his nose when he recognized the odor—vodka—before his eyes searched for their friends, Harry at his side as always keeping a protective arm around his waist.

"HARRY! MATT!" They looked towards the end of the corridor and saw Alberto waving at them with Alisha and Emeraude at either side of him, his girlfriend was nowhere in sight and neither was Emeraude's husband.

"Hey guys" the couple greeted them in unison once then reached them

"where at Geoffrey and Tessa?" Matt asked and Eme and Alberto smiled with Eme saying that her husband was on tour while Alberto said that Tessa had gone to the bathroom

"Must be hard not being with him a lot" Harry stated looking at Eme and she gave them a small smile and shrugged

"Yes, but we make it work. I mean we've been together for 8 years before we got married and we knew that it would be hard but that doesn't matter. I'm going to be joining him in a few weeks but he doesn't know" she replied

"How long has it since you two were together?" Alisha questioned

"Not that long ago actually. He came home for a couple of weeks before he left for tour two months ago" Eme said and they nodded

"That's why you said you couldn't hang out," Alisha said and Eme gave her a sheepish smile making her shake her head, "if I were in your shoes I'd ditch hanging with my friends and enjoy as much time as I can with my significant other"

"Anyway, who are the other people here?" Matt asked and the trio looked over his shoulder and before they could answer his question Tessa came back answering it for them

"Kat's Arrow-verse cast-mates" and they nodded at the answer and just then Kat and Dom made their way towards them with Nicola, Isaiah, Luke, Will, and Jade as well as a few people they've only seen on social media which means they must be her new cast-mates from Kat's new show called Arrow. All of who were in their Shadowhunter costumes.

"Hey guys" she greeted them with a smile while Dom shook their hands and gave the girls a kiss on the cheek, "when did you get here?"

"We just got here about 20 minutes ago," Matt said and was surprised that they could even hear themselves speak with how loud the music was currently playing

"Who are these lovely people?" Eme asked looking at Kat's right side since that's where her new cast-mates stood all looking out of place.

"Oh, these are my co-stars from Arrow, Stephen, Joseph, and Katie," She said as she introduced them one at a time and they gave the ground a wave before Kat introduced the Shadowhunter actors to the Arrow actors.

After their introductions ended, they all let lose and talked about their respective shows before they talked about more personal things such as families and relationships.

"I remember Kat saying that you two recently celebrated your one year anniversary" Stephen said and Matt and Harry nodded, "congratulations not just on your anniversary but as parents as well. I kinda walked in on Kat talking to you guys a couple of weeks back when we were on a break"

"Thank you," the couple said in unison making everyone chuckle.

Soon enough the music soon died down as the party came to its final hour and everyone aside from Matt, Harry, Eme, Katie, Juliana and Emily —who had come up to them a few hours ago— staid back to help Dom and Amar clean up as much as they could befor they too headed home.

A "Happy Halloween" banner was hanging on the wall where other Halloween decorations had covered the walls along with Halloween finger foods and alcoholic drinks—Harry and Matt had both agreed that if one of them decided to drink then the other would be the driver and as it turned out neither drank alcohol to impair their driving so Harry drove them back safely back to their home before making their way softly upstairs,checking in on the kids first before making their way to their room and crashing on the bed once they had taken off their costumes and falling asleep in a tangle of limbs with I love you whispered in the air between them.