6 | Prayers for the Daddario Family

Matthew Daddario Hospitalized After Car Crash, Suffered 'Major Injuries'

Actor  Matthew Daddario was involved in a serious car crash on Sunday morning

Actor  Matthew Daddario was involved in a serious car crash on Sunday morning. He reportedly suffered "serious injuries," and is currently hospitalized in Mount Sinai in New York.

E! News reports that Daddario was in his Porsche on his way to meet with his shadowhunters costars at the airport on Sunday when his car was hit by a speeding car that had run a red light. Daddario's car rolled several times before wrapping around a tree. The driver of the other car walked away with barely a scratch.

On the third roll, Daddorio's seatbelt snapped, throwing him from the vehicle. A bystander, who happened to be in the right place at the right time, pulled Matthew clear of the wreckage and called an ambulance.

When paramedics arrived at the scene, Daddario wasn't breathing and he had no heartbeat. He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Reports have come in stating that the actor sustained life-threatening injuries from the crash and the driver, a male by the name of Johnathan Lewis, has been arrested for speeding and failing to stop at a red light.

From what we have gathered is that the actor's lungs were crushed, he sustained head trauma, several broken bones. Not much is known about his condition.

We, here at Entertainment Weekly send our prayers to the Daddario Family and wish Matthew a speedy recovery.