9 | #PrayForMatthew

Prayers pour in for US actor Matthew Daddario following horrific car crash

Today marks two weeks since Shadowhunters actor, was in a serious car accident on his way to John F

Today marks two weeks since Shadowhunters actor, was in a serious car accident on his way to John F. Kennedy international airport in New York.

Reports came through thick and fast in the immediate aftermath of the tragedy, but it was a close friend and fellow co-star Katherine McNamara who confirmed vía Instagram the news we'd all been hoping was untrue.

Ever since the post, the hashtag #PrayForMatthew has been trending worldwide on social media, people from every corner of the world voicing their support and best wishes for the actor and his loved ones.

Aside from the odd rumors, there had been no information regarding the exact nature of Daddario's injuries. The only proof being the numerous visits to the ward from the likes of Kat McNamara, Harry Shum Jr, Emeraude Toubia with husband Latin singer Prince Royce.

The ICU (Intensive Care Unit) in all hospitals cater to patients who are suffering from life-threatening injuries. This could vary from organ issues, breathing problems and serious head trauma. If Matthew is dealing with one, or all, of these conditions then he's gravely ill.

Daddario's co-star and friend Harry Shum Jr, who has been at the actor's bedside since the accident has been spotted entering the hospital with co-star Kat McNamara.

On social media with the hashtag #PrayForMatthew, Stars from all sectors of the show biz have been posting their own comments or pictures of the ailing actor.

His Shadowhunters co-stars Katherine McNamara, Dominic Sherwood, Alberto Rosande, and Emeraude Toubai have posted photos of the actor on their Instagram with heartwarming captions wishing the actor a speedy recovery, the only person who has yet to post anything is actor Harry Shum Jr, but it's no surprise seeing as he's been at the actor's bedside since the accident.

It hasn't been just celebrities that have been sharing their pictures with the actor, but also his fans. Daddario has a huge fan base boasting over 618k followers on twitter alone. He has always voiced how much his fans mean to him so it's pretty clear that their reactions to the news that he's just as important to them.

It's very clear that Matthew is loved, idolized and admired. We wish him a speedy recovery and we are looking forward to seeing him back on his feet.

Keep strong everyone and keep trending and sending your thoughts and prayers to him and his loved ones #PrayForMatthew