25 | Christmas Surprise

Harry and Matt were walking down the peaceful streets of New York with their dogs (they had flown home for the holidays) when suddenly they heard a loud shrill of a cry making them stop in their tracks and look around for the noise.

"Okay tell me I'm not the only one who heard that" Matt said as another shrill reached their ears and Harry shook his head and before he could say anything, all four dogs ran in the direction of the trees making the couple follow after them yelling their names but it was as if they had a mind of their own.

"Get back here!" Harry yelled at the dogs as he and Matt followed after them, ignoring the cold that was slowly sleeping into their bones from the cold December weather. Snow had begun to fall a few minutes later. The loud shrill, that was now more recognizable had the pair running faster because it sounded a lot like that of a baby. If they didn't get there soon, that there was a high chance that said baby would freeze to death. A moment later the couple crashed through the trees to see all four of their dogs huddling around a bundle of white blankets and Matt gasped and quickly took of his jacket leaving his hoody and scarf on before picking the newborn up from the snow covered ground and cradled it against his chest. Harry wrapped his own jacket around the baby as it whimpered. It was cold and blue all over.

"Come on we have to get him to the hospital" Harry said as they began their trek back to the street before practically running down the street towards the nearest hospital. Harry grabbed the dogs leashes making them run after the pair. They were glad that no paparazzi was around or else they would have been bombarded with questions, questions neither were sure how to answer.

"Help!" Matt yelled as he and Harry crushed through the hospital doors a second alter their dogs whining at their feet, "PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!"

A doctor rushed towards them and gasped when they saw the small baby in the actor's arms that was starting to turn purple from the cold.

Everything happened in a flash, one moment the baby was in Matt's arms and the next they were running down the hall (the dogs having been taken from them by the secretary) after the doctor who was yelling orders to the nurses about getting an incubator ready.

Harry and Matt stood watching as the doctor began to work on the baby trying to get their temperature back to normal. They both held each other in hopes that the baby would survive. Their voices fell on deaf ears as they focused on the baby, they were brought out of their revere by the doctor walking towards them.

"How's the baby?" Harry asked hand on Matt's lower back as said male was fidgeting, he rubbed soothing circles on his back

"He's lucky that you found him when you did" the doctor said as she looked back to the room where the nurses were working on the baby, "would you be willing to give the officers your testimony when they arrive? I had a nurse call them"

"Of course, anything to find the person responsible for leaving him out in the cold that way" Harry said

"Do you know how old he is?" Matt asked, speaking for the first time and the doctor nodded

"He's only an hour old since he still had his umbilical cord connected to him" the doctor said with a soft sigh, "would you like to see him?"

"Can we see him?" Matt and the doctor asked in unison making the woman smile leading the pair to the room. Matt's breath hitched when his eyes landed on the sleeping newborn that was hooked up to various machines such as a heart monitor and above him was a red light that was giving him warmth.

"Goodness" Matt whispered as he tentatively reached over and the baby instantly curled his tiny hand around his finger making him smile. Harry felt his chest swell as he watched his husband looking down at the tiny human who's chest rose up and down with each intake of breath his took.