5 | Please Don't Leave Me

"Has anyone been able to get in touch with Matt?" Dom asked once they were driving to the airport

"No. He's not picking up my calls" Harry said, "what about you guys?"

"He's not picking mine either," Emeraude said as she looked down at her phone

"Mine either" Kat replied

"Ditto" Alberto added

"Damn it, Matt" Dom huffed as he hit his steering wheel when his phone call was once again rejected. He had been calling him but every time it would go to voicemail. He had his phone connected to his car so he could drive with it getting in trouble for driving on the phone.

"Try calling him again" And so Dom dialed Matt's number again and it once again went to voice mail.

Hi. This is Matt. I can't answer the phone right now, but if you leave me a message with your name and phone number, I will return your call as soon as possible.

After the beep, Dom groaned "Matt this is Dom we've been trying to get in contact with you all morning, where the hell are you dude? Our flight is in two hours and we're driving to the airport right now, please call me back"

"This is not something Matt would do. He'd never ditch us like that without any explanation" Emeraude said and just as she had finished saying that, Dom's phone began ringing and he quickly answered the call hoping it'd be Matt but what he got, in turn, was an unknown voice greeting him

"Matt, where the hell are you?"

"Um, hello is this Dominic Sherwood?"

"Who is this?" Dom asked and the others furrowed their brows at the unknown voice

"This is Doctor Robinson from Mount Sinai, I'm calling in regards of Matthew Daddario" Dom pulled over so he could talk to the person properly while the others sat in silence, their eyes wide

"What about him?" Kat asked since she was in the front seat leaving Alberto, Em, and Harry in the back seat

"About an hour ago paramedics brought Mr. Daddario in after he was involved in a head-on collision" the doctor replied making everyone gasp and Harry felt his eyes sting at the words which got Em's attention and she reached over and grabbed his hand giving it a gentle squeeze

"he's okay though, right?" Dom asked making a U-turn at the end of the road before making his way towards the hospital

"He's in critical condition, Mr. Sherwood"

"How critical?" Kat asked as Dom sped down the street to get to the hospital as soon as possible

"He's going to be okay" En whispered to Harry who was clenching his jaw as hard as he could to keep from sobbing. He shouldn't have let Matt walk away that night and he shouldn't have ignored his calls and texts but he needed time to process everything. He was in a relationship with someone else who he thought was the love of his life but after hearing Matt's confession and watching him walk away, he felt something, something he's never felt before. An emotion that he never expected to feel for another person that wasn't his girlfriend.

Everything he knew about love didn't prepare him for the fear of losing someone he had fallen in love with without even realizing it. Every memory that Harry ya debated with Matt came flashing through his mind as more treats began to fall down his face. Alberto and Em watched in silence as Harry brown down in the car as they listened to the doctor explain to Kat and Dom about Matt's condition.

"I'm in love with you. It sounds stupid and selfish, but you take the things that you expect to happen when people talk about love and it's always you."

Matt's words rang through his head like a record player making Harry close his eyes. He shouldn't have let him walk away, he shouldn't have sat there ignoring him when he was pouring his heart out to him. He should've stood up and kissed him as he had wanted. He wanted Matt to know how much he loved him. Harry was madly and deeply in love with Matt and he didn't know if he'd ever get the chance to tell him.

His girlfriend- well ex now- was there to make him realize his feelings for the black-haired brown-eyed male he co-starred with.

"You love him, don't you?" Shelby asked the night after they get together and Harry shook his head and she only smiled reaching out to grab his hand, "don't lie just to save me from getting hurt, Harry. Our relationship isn't working and I know why. You can't love me the way you want to because you're in love with someone else"

"No, I don't. I love you and I want to be with you"

"No you don't, Harry and I'm okay with that but what I'm not okay with is you pretending to be someone you're not. It's okay to love someone of the same sex" she argued. "Don't be afraid to be yourself. So tell me, you love him don't you?"

"I don't want to lose you," Harry said as he looked at her with tears in his eyes but she only smiled cupping his face and leaned over to press a kiss to his forehead saying

"You'll never lose me, but you will lose him if you don't follow what your heart says, Harry." Shelby said as she pulled away and looked into Harry's eyes, "I can see that you love that man as much as he loves you so don't keep pushing your feelings away and go after him before you lose him for good" then she walked away leaving Harry behind to watch as she walked away.

He knew she was right but how can he just tell Matt that he was in love with him just as he was when all he did was sit there and did nothing to stop him from leaving?

Harry shook his head and wiped his eyes when he realized that the car had stopped and when he looked up, he saw his friends looking at him before Kat reached over

"He's going to be okay, Harry. He's a tough guy and he'll be okay" he nodded and climbed out of the car after Alberto before the five of them and Ethelred way inside the hospital.

"Hello, you must be Mr. Daddario's friends" a gray-haired male greeted extending his hand towards them when they entered and they nodded shaking his hand, "I'm doctor Robison. If you will follow me this way" they exchanged looks before they followed the doctor down the hall towards the elevators.

Harry blocked everything around him from the voices in front of him to the noise around him.

"This is his room" Harry shook his head as they stopped in front do a room and everyone looked at Harry before Kat said

"Go in. We'll wait out here for his parents and sisters"

"I-"

"Go," Dom said giving him a reassuring smile and Harry nodded and walked in, his knees instantly buckling when he saw Matt hooked to various machines that beeped. He swallowed the lump in his throat before he walked towards the bed and sat down on the plastic chair grabbing his hand.

"Hey Mattie" he murmured tears rolling down his face, "the doctor said that you could hear us. So, I'm sorry for hurting you" he couldn't even find the words to say but he kept going, "I'm an idiot you know? Of course, you do, you tell me that all the time. Every time I see you, I think I'm out of control. I don't know why I am feeling this way, but it's like nothing I've ever experienced before. I'd like to touch your face to see if it's real. How could I not notice until now that your face could launch a thousand ships? I'd like you to know that I love you so much, more than I have ever loved anyone. I just want to stay with you while I can for as long as you'll let me. So please Mattie, please don't leave me"