8 | My Heart Hurts For Him

"Hey want to go with me to get Harry to eat something?" Kat asked Em who nodded and stood up before the two girls made their way down the hall towards the ICU corridor and towards Matt's room

"Hey want to go with me to get Harry to eat something?" Kat asked Em who nodded and stood up before the two girls made their way down the hall towards the ICU corridor and towards Matt's room. Ever since the accident, Kat and the gang had been in the hospital waiting for any news of Matt alongside his family. They had been surprised when Matt's mom, Christina, had let Harry stay with Matt instead of her and what shocked them the most was when she had said, "my son would what to see the man he loves when he wakes up instead of us" they didn't think that his family knew about Matt's feelings towards Harry but they proved them wrong.

"Do you think he'll agree to eat this time?" Em asked and Kat shrugged her shoulders

"To be honest? I'm not sure but it doesn't hurt to try again" she replied and Em nodded

As they reached the room they stopped right out the side and heard Harry talking to a still unconscious Matt.

"It's been a week since you were in the accident, why haven't you woken up yet? I have so much to tell you but how can I when I can't look you in the eyes and tell you everything I've been bottling up inside? You've been my best friend since I met you and over the course of that friendship, my feelings for you have changed. I'm in love with you Matthew Quincy Daddario and I have been for a very long time. If I could go back in time I'd run after you and tell you how much I love you" Harry choked on a sob laying his head on top of their linked hands and the girls stood outside with tears running down their faces at hearing their friend breaking.

"I can't begin to imagine how he must be feeling right now. Our pain is not the same as his pain" Em whispered and Kat nodded before they decided to head back to the waiting room

"My heart breaks for him. I shouldn't have said what I did the last time we were all together because he was hurting just as much. And I'm not making excuses for him because he could've told him that he felt the same way but at the same time, he couldn't because he was dating someone else and he was conflicted" Kat replied and Eme nodded with a sigh and the guys along with Matt's family looked up when they saw them return but the girls shook their heads. They all had hoped that Harry would leave Matt's room just to eat but the male has refused. He has stated that he wanted to be in the room when Matt woke up.

"He's hurting so much that it breaks my heart" Cat, Matt's sister, said as she and Alex walked towards the group

"You're not the only one who feels bad for him. You should've seen him when we got here when the news broke. He was a mess" Alberto said looking towards the hall, "he crumbled to the ground when the doctor told us of Matt's injuries and how severe they were"

"You should've heard him. He was asking Matt to wake up because he had so much to tell him before he broke down again" Kat said

They all sighed and just sat in silence for the rest of the day before visiting hours ended. Harry was the only one staying at the hospital with Matt while the others went to a nearby hotel to stay close in case anything happened.

"Please Matthew, please wake up" Harry whispered pressing his lips against the male's hand, "I need you to what me and say that you love me just as much as I love you"

Harry looked at Matthew and swallowed the lump on his throat as tears began to fill his eyes once more. All he has been doing since the accident that's been cry and beg Matt to wake up and to come back to him, to them but it all his pleading when they unanswered as Matt still laid unconscious.

Matt could hear a voice but he couldn't really figure out who it was, well at first he didn't know but after hearing it for days on end he knew who it was and he wanted to wake up. He wanted to hear Harry tell him that he loved but at the same time, he didn't want to because he didn't want to wake up and it all be just a stupid and pointless dream. He didn't want to get his heartbroken again. He didn't want to wake up and face the possibility that Harry didn't really love him the way he loved Harry.  He couldn't face another rejection.

"I don't know if you can actually hear me or not but please Matthew, I'm begging you to wake up so I can apologize for hurting you the way I did. It was never my intention to hurt you, I wish I could have gone after you and tell you the reason why we couldn't be together. I wish that I find have gone after you and stopped you and kisses you the way I've been wanting to do since I met you. I love you so fucking much and it kills me to see you this way." He heard what sounded like Harry but it couldn't be, could it? Was he lying? No, he couldn't be because Harry never lied to him about anything unless it meant to protect him from getting hurt.

He tried to move his hand, anything, to let Harry know that he was listening, that he was here, that he wanted to come back but it was impossible. Every fiber of his being protested and he once again fell into unconsciousness with the though that Harry actually did feel the same way about him as he did.