15 | will you marry me?

After weeks of conversation with both his and Matt's family as well as their friends, Harry was ready to take the next step in their relationship even if they've only been dating for no more than a month but he knew that he wanted to spend every waking second of everyday with Matt so while Matt was away with their friends, Harry was back at their home with both their families set up the yard for the surprise that awaited Matt when he arrived after a day out with their friends.

"He's going to say yes Harry" Harry looked over to the sound of Alexandria to see her smiling at him and he nodded, "Matt absolutely loves you and I know that he'll say yes because every time I ask him if he could ever see himself with anyone else and his answer is always no because he doesn't want to be with anyone else that isn't you, so relax my brother will say yes"

"I'm just nervous, I mean what if I make a fool of myself when I ask him and he says no? Or what if he hasn't even thought about getting married? We haven't talked about marriage and we've only been dating for a month"

"It doesn't matter how long you've been with someone, Harry, when you know that it's real then you don't question it. You could be with someone for 2 years and then be with someone else for 5 months and feel so much more for the person that you have been with for 5 months more than the person you were with for 2 years." She said and Harry boy the inside of his cheek and nodded because she was right, "so don't question if this is right or not Harry, because, despite everything, my little brother will always say yes because he loves you more than he's ever loved anyone before"

"They're on their way!" Cat yelled and Harry took a deep breath and prepared himself in the middle of their yard with I Get To Love You by Ruelle was playing the in the background. Everyone had gotten in their places just as the side door that led to the yard opened followed by Matt's voice.

"I don't get why we're going through the side door inste-What's going on?"

"Just go stand over there with Harry," Kat said as she gently pushed him towards Harry who gave him a reassuring smile

"What's going on?" He asked again but Harry only shook his head and grabbed one of Matt's hands before saying

"Just listen okay? And when I'm done you can either say yes or no okay?" Harry asked and Matt furrowed his brows in confusion but nodded ignoring the fact that they were being recorded by their family and friends, "I love you. I've loved you since the day that I met you three years ago. I love every little thing about you." He cleared his throat as Matt looked at him with a smile as tears filled his eyes realizing where this was going but didn't say anything instead listened to Harry continue his speech "I never believed in soulmates. I'm here with you because you made me believe. I feel like everything in my life has led me to you. My choices, my heartbreaks, my regrets. Everything. And when we're together, my past seems worth it. Because if I had done one thing differently, I might never have met you."

Their friends and family stood back watching with smiles and tears because they knew that Matt and Harry were meant to be together and this just proves it. Matt's sisters have never seen him this happy before and they can never thank Harry enough for loving their brother unconditionally through everything. Yes, they hated him for hurting Matt in the beginning but they eventually understood where the man was coming from and loved him for staying by Matt's side throughout his time in the hospital.

"If Matt says no I will punch him" Cat whispered to Alex who rolled her eyes

"Do you really think Matt will say no to spending the rest of his life with the man he's in love with?" Alex asked not taking her eyes away from the pair in front of them and Cat shook her head, "Matt's madly in love with Harry and vice versa. Those two are meant to be together forever"

"Shh," they looked over at their mother and gave her a sheepish smile before quieting down so they could hear Harry continue his speech.

"Sometimes I just think back to the first time I laid eyes on you. I knew right then that I had found someone incredible. Ever since that very moment, all I have ever wanted was to be with you. No matter how dark my day is, seeing you always brightens it and makes me realize that with you, I am doing right. Your heart is so pure and so forgiving that it will always be the center of my attention, no matter what else is going on in my life. I look forward to this day and many more just like it for you will forever be in my heart." Harry and Matt were in their own little world as they looked I each other's eyes, tears running down their faces and smiles on their lips as Harry slowly got down on one knee making Matt widen his eyes and a hand to fly to his mouth, even though he knew that Harry was proposing, it still surprised him,

"I can't promise that nothing will ever go wrong in our lives. But I can promise that we'll be side by side, taking all of life's challenges head-on and making the best of every moment that we're alive. Matthew Quincy Daddario, will you marry me?" Harry asked looking up at Matt with a hopeful look in his eyes as Matt stared down at him with watery eyes and nodded his head before pulling him back to his feet and crashing their lips on in a searing kiss making the aged erupt in cheers, claps, and whistles as Harry placed the ring on Matt's finger.

"I love you" Matt whispered cupping Harry's Face as their foreheads touched and Harry smiled placing his hands on top of Matt's

"I love you"